Windows 10: How to Stealth Port 139?

Discus and support How to Stealth Port 139? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; When I run ShieldsUP! It says port 139 is closed but not stealth. How I fix this please? FAILED: Name: [img] netbios-ssn [img] Purpose:... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Yeremyah, Oct 17, 2015.

1. Yeremyah Win User

How to Stealth Port 139?

When I run ShieldsUP! It says port 139 is closed but not stealth. How I fix this please?

FAILED:
    Name:
    How to Stealth Port 139? [​IMG]

netbios-ssn

Purpose:

NETBIOS Session Service

Description:

TCP NetBIOS connections are made over this port, usually with Windows machines but also with any other system running Samba (SMB). These TCP connections form "NetBIOS sessions" to support connection oriented file sharing activities.

:)

Yeremyah, Oct 17, 2015

2. firewall - port 113

I have a Nokia Lumia with WP8 updated ( ver 8.0.10328.78, Amber update etc ).

Just for the fun of it I connected to my 3G network ( EE/Orange in the UK) and went to
    shields up in the phones IE to run a check - no real reason just wanted to see what would occur. I ran the common ports and all service ports tests and of the 1056 ports scanned all are stealth
    apart from port 113 which was closed, so the test by the site failed.

This got me thinking, is there a firewall for WP8? (from the searching I've done it appears not). I'm guessing EE provide the equivalent of the firewall that stealths the ports, or is this done on the phone somehow?

But mainly, is there a real issue with 113 showing up, albeit closed not open?

Is there a way to stealth it?,

or is it likely to be an EE mistake and it should be stealth as well?

Probably doesn't matter but I thought I'd ask anyway.

Thanks

George222(2), Oct 17, 2015
  3. Windows 10 Update assistant update from version 10586 to 15063 Error

I am using a Razer blade stealth. It has no Dvd section or port. Only USB and internal storage.

Allen Grothen, Oct 17, 2015
  4. Gary Win User

How to Stealth Port 139?

As far as I know you can't unless you purchase that app from that guy. It is nothing to worry about.

5. Yeremyah Win User
    I installed freeware Windows10Firewall Control and now it passes with a Perfect Stealth Report.

Yeremyah, Oct 17, 2015
  6. Gary Win User
    That is good, glad you got it fixed. I will have to try that site, have not used it in years.

7. Yeremyah Win User
    Do you get perfect stealth?

Yeremyah, Oct 17, 2015
  8. Gary Win User

How to Stealth Port 139?

Yes!

9. Yeremyah Win User
    Only using W10 Firewall?

Yeremyah, Oct 17, 2015
  10. Yeremyah Win User
    I installed COMODO Firewall instead, all ports, inc 139 is now STEALTH!

For some reason using only W10 Firewall leaves port 139 UN-Stealthed.

Yeremyah, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

How to Stealth Port 139?

1. How to Stealth Port 139? - Similar Threads - Stealth Port 139

2. KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE 139

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE 139: Hi,my computer randomly crashes, freezes or reboots for a few days.Had a BSOD some minutes ago "KERNEL SECURITY CHECK FAILURE", find the generated dump file here :https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ald6uXXjx7w4x1JBP10ZcZtBJR6T?e=IUIKbpThere are also several errors in my event viewer. Here...
  3. KERNAL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE 139

KERNAL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE 139: Hello,I am getting a blue screen every time I try to play Super People CBT on Steam. I am sure the game is not the fault of the blue screen, but I cannot seem to understand what the DMP file is telling me, but I believe the cause is a driver of some sort based on research? I...
  4. How enable stealth mode on port 445?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How enable stealth mode on port 445?: I run Shields Up on grc.com and find all ports are stealth but 445 that is closed.I'd like to turn port 445 from closed to stealth. How?I've searched a lot on firewall settings but I didn't find anything.Running Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.19043.1415]Thanks....
  5. How enable stealth mode on port 445?

How enable stealth mode on port 445?: I run Shields Up on grc.com and find all ports are stealth but 445 that is closed.I'd like to turn port 445 from closed to stealth. How?I've searched a lot on firewall settings but I didn't find anything.Running Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.19043.1415]Thanks....
  6. How enable stealth mode on port 445?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. How to stealth ports in Windows Defender Firewall?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to stealth ports in Windows Defender Firewall?: Hi, when my Windows 10x64 notebook is behind the router all ports come out stealth (green) in the ShieldsUP! scanner. But when the notebook is directly connected to the cablemodem (wired) or in public wifi places the scanner shows ports mostly closed, some stealth and one...
  8. Firewall Settings am I Secure? Ports 135, 139, 445

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Firewall Settings am I Secure? Ports 135, 139, 445: I feel these settings are not correct or SAFE in my Windows Firewall. I just recently took my laptop in to computer repair tech. due to our computer acting funky, thinking we may have a virus or been hijacked again. Can someone please tell me if this looks right. I dont think...
  9. Firewall Settings am I Secure? Ports 135, 139, 445

in Windows 10 Support
    Firewall Settings am I Secure? Ports 135, 139, 445: I feel these settings are not correct or SAFE in my Windows Firewall. I just recently took my laptop in to computer repair tech. due to our computer acting funky, thinking we may have a virus or been hijacked again. Can someone please tell me if this looks right. I dont think...
  10. Problem with Windows 10 pro 1803 and Closing/stealthing ports 21/443

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problem with Windows 10 pro 1803 and Closing/stealthing ports 21/443: Hello, Issue 1: I have a potentially very serious issue. After the update of 1803 I am unable to close/stealth ports 443 and 21. Why are these open by default on version 1803. I have tried closing them with PrivateFirewall and windows 10 firewall via custom rules. I used...