Windows 10: How to stealth ports in Windows Defender Firewall?

Discus and support How to stealth ports in Windows Defender Firewall? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, when my Windows 10x64 notebook is behind the router all ports come out stealth (green) in the ShieldsUP! scanner. But when the notebook is directly... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by antares, May 21, 2019.

1. antares Win User

How to stealth ports in Windows Defender Firewall?

Hi, when my Windows 10x64 notebook is behind the router all ports come out stealth (green) in the ShieldsUP! scanner. But when the notebook is directly connected to the cablemodem (wired) or in public wifi places the scanner shows ports mostly closed, some stealth and one open (see attachment). How can I make Windows Defender Firewall stealth all ports? I tried resetting to defaults, and deleting all inbound and outbound rules without success. Thanks.

How to stealth ports in Windows Defender Firewall? [​IMG]

:)

antares, May 21, 2019
  2. Yeremyah Win User

How to Stealth Port 139?

I installed COMODO Firewall instead, all ports, inc 139 is now STEALTH!

For some reason using only W10 Firewall leaves port 139 UN-Stealthed.

Yeremyah, May 21, 2019
  3. firewall - port 113

I have a Nokia Lumia with WP8 updated ( ver 8.0.10328.78, Amber update etc ).

Just for the fun of it I connected to my 3G network ( EE/Orange in the UK) and went to
    shields up in the phones IE to run a check - no real reason just wanted to see what would occur. I ran the common ports and all service ports tests and of the 1056 ports scanned all are stealth
    apart from port 113 which was closed, so the test by the site failed.

This got me thinking, is there a firewall for WP8? (from the searching I've done it appears not). I'm guessing EE provide the equivalent of the firewall that stealths the ports, or is this done on the phone somehow?

But mainly, is there a real issue with 113 showing up, albeit closed not open?

Is there a way to stealth it?,

or is it likely to be an EE mistake and it should be stealth as well?

Probably doesn't matter but I thought I'd ask anyway.

Thanks

George222(2), May 21, 2019
  4. Gary Win User

How to Stealth Port 139?

Yes!

How to stealth ports in Windows Defender Firewall? [​IMG]

Thema:

1. How to stealth ports in Windows Defender Firewall? - Similar Threads - stealth ports Defender

2. Why is Windows Defender Firewall blocking an inbound port?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is Windows Defender Firewall blocking an inbound port?: I have Windows 11 and am using Xfinity as my ISP. I have port forwarded Port 2346 in my router.In Defender Firewall I have set up an Inbound Rule for Port 2346 to "Allow the connection."Defender Firewall is still blocking the port. I know it is Defender Firewall because if I...
  3. Why is Windows Defender Firewall blocking an inbound port?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is Windows Defender Firewall blocking an inbound port?: I have Windows 11 and am using Xfinity as my ISP. I have port forwarded Port 2346 in my router.In Defender Firewall I have set up an Inbound Rule for Port 2346 to "Allow the connection."Defender Firewall is still blocking the port. I know it is Defender Firewall because if I...
  4. How enable stealth mode on port 445?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How enable stealth mode on port 445?: I run Shields Up on grc.com and find all ports are stealth but 445 that is closed.I'd like to turn port 445 from closed to stealth. How?I've searched a lot on firewall settings but I didn't find anything.Running Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.19043.1415]Thanks....
  5. How enable stealth mode on port 445?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How enable stealth mode on port 445?: I run Shields Up on grc.com and find all ports are stealth but 445 that is closed.I'd like to turn port 445 from closed to stealth. How?I've searched a lot on firewall settings but I didn't find anything.Running Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.19043.1415]Thanks....
  6. How enable stealth mode on port 445?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Windows firewall and ports

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows firewall and ports: Dear all I have some questions regarding Windows Firewall and Ports 1. How do I best close Ports in Windows? With the Outbound / Indbound firewall rules? 2. Deleting a rule is that the same as if is not activated? Or does it get activated when the App requests it? 3. League...
  8. Windows firewall and ports

Windows firewall and ports: Dear allI have some questions regarding Windows Firewall and Ports1.How do I best close Ports in Windows?With the Outbound / Indbound firewall rules?2.Deleting a rule is that the same as if is not activated?Or does it get activated when the App requests it?3.League of Legends...
  9. Windows Firewall/Windows Defender Firewall

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Firewall/Windows Defender Firewall: I keep getting this security notification the says: "Firewall and Network Protection - Turn on Windows Firewall" see attached screenshots. 4 of the screenshots says/indicate that the firewall is turned on, but the security notification still pops up saying to turn on...
  10. How to Stealth Port 139?

How to Stealth Port 139?: When I run ShieldsUP! It says port 139 is closed but not stealth. How I fix this please? FAILED: Name: [img] netbios-ssn [img] Purpose: [img] NETBIOS Session Service [img] Description: [img] TCP NetBIOS connections are made over this port, usually...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows firewall stealth ports

2. windows 10 how can i make closed tcp ports Stealth

3. how to stealth my port

4. free firewall stealth ports,
  5. stealth all ports,
  6. how to stealth all ports,
  7. windows firewall rules stealth,
  8. stealth port 0 windows defender,
  9. stealth ports,
  10. windows firewall true stealth?,
  11. how to stealth a port in windows 10