Windows 10: How to still delete admin acc in control panel if it says error acess denied

Discus and support How to still delete admin acc in control panel if it says error acess denied in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi everyone im just wondering how can i still delete my adminstrator account when it says error access denied. Here i got a pic:[ATTACH] I tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by idontwannasaymyname, Oct 4, 2020.

1. How to still delete admin acc in control panel if it says error acess denied

Hi everyone im just wondering how can i still delete my adminstrator account when it says error access denied. Here i got a pic: How to still delete admin acc in control panel if it says error acess denied c29b112a-a0b5-47b3-ba39-267655167b2c?upload=true.png I tried deleting it with the admin account loged in and it said a problem accored wich was: Cannot perform opperation in built in accounts. but i dont have a pic for that one sorry. Please reply if someone knows the anwser to this.

Kind regards

:)

idontwannasaymyname, Oct 4, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

How To Delete IconCache.db When It Says Acess Denied?

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you receive access denied error while deleting the iconcache file.

I would not recommend changing permissions system wide as this might affect the system and make the operating system unstable.

I would suggest you to run the Iconcache deletion command using certain command line switches and check. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Type command prompt in the search bar on the
      Taskbar.
    2. Right click on the command prompt icon and select
      Run as administrator.
    3. Now, past the following commands and press Enter after each command:
    • ie4uinit.exe -show
    • taskkill /IM explorer.exe /F
    • DEL /A /Q "%localappdata%\IconCache.db"
    • DEL /A /F /Q "%localappdata%\Microsoft\Windows\Explorer\iconcache*"
    • shutdown /r /f /t 00

If you are still unable to delete the Iconcache file, we can enable hidden admin account and from there we can try to delete the Iconcache file. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Type command prompt in the search bar on the
      Taskbar.
    2. Right click on the command prompt icon and select
      Run as administrator.
    3. Type in the following commands one by one and hit
      Enter
      :

net user administrator /active:yes
    4. After enabling hidden admin, navigate to C:\Users\<Your_Username>\Appdata\Local and delete the
      IconCache file.
    Note: Make sure to disable hidden admin by using the command
    net user administrator /active:no after performing the troubleshooting steps.

Let us know the results.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Oct 4, 2020
  3. locker.bat file acess denied

i have tried booting into safe mood and changing permisiion...it used to open up as a cmd program that would let me acess my photos...now it doesn't open up and gives an error...I tried opening it as "run as an admin" the cmd opens and disappears right away...

Abasit khan, Oct 4, 2020
  4. How to still delete admin acc in control panel if it says error acess denied

Windows 10 says I'm not admin

Hi Erina,

What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

I would suggest you to go to control panel and check your user account status. Right click on the start button and select control panel in the menu. In the control panel, click on the 'view by' option in the top right and select 'large icons'. Now, click
    on 'User accounts' and check if your account is listed as Administrator. If it is not displayed as Admin account, click on the option 'Change user account type' and select 'Administrator' and apply changes. Try these steps and let us know the results. If you
    have already tried, please let us know what all troubleshooting steps you have tried so far, so that we can provided you suggestion accordingly.

Bennet Martin, Oct 4, 2020
Thema:

How to still delete admin acc in control panel if it says error acess denied

1. How to still delete admin acc in control panel if it says error acess denied - Similar Threads - still delete admin

2. Error 5 Acces denied

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error 5 Acces denied: Hello, when I want to install a game War Thunder error 5 appears, access denied when I install it in partition D, if I let it install in C where I don't have space, it lets me but I don't want it there...
  3. Error 5 Acces denied

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error 5 Acces denied: Hello, when I want to install a game War Thunder error 5 appears, access denied when I install it in partition D, if I let it install in C where I don't have space, it lets me but I don't want it there...
  4. Delete Folder Acess Denied Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Delete Folder Acess Denied Error: hello and good pm microsofti have a problem about my computer behavior that was seen folder acess denied errorsive been tried to fix the proper folder ownership it might not work or encrypted because i can't delte because of it.how do i fix this, please help?...
  5. Delete Folder Acess Denied Error

Delete Folder Acess Denied Error: hello and good pm microsofti have a problem about my computer behavior that was seen folder acess denied errorsive been tried to fix the proper folder ownership it might not work or encrypted because i can't delte because of it.how do i fix this, please help?...
  6. Delete Folder Acess Denied Error

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Acces denied

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Acces denied: Hello guys i have a big problem right now recently i was the owner of my computer but i did a test and i was wondering " what happend if i was put on guest "then i did that to see what happend it was funny at firts to se i cant do anything but now its a bit scary beacause i...
  8. Acces denied

Acces denied: Hello guys i have a big problem right now recently i was the owner of my computer but i did a test and i was wondering " what happend if i was put on guest "then i did that to see what happend it was funny at firts to se i cant do anything but now its a bit scary beacause i...
  9. Acces denied

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. How To Delete IconCache.db When It Says Acess Denied?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How To Delete IconCache.db When It Says Acess Denied?: My icon cache is corrupt and I need to delete it to start from scratch. I have tried running command prompt as an admin, changing directory to the %explorer folder, and deleting all iconcache* files but inside command prompt it says "access denied" still. I also tried doing...