Windows 10: How to stop 1709 from installing through updates

Discus and support How to stop 1709 from installing through updates in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Navigate to Settings --> Update & security --> Advanced Options. You can defer Windows feature updates up to 365 days this means you can stop fall... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by DrSysop, Nov 16, 2017.

1. Bree New Member

How to stop 1709 from installing through updates

NB: That option is only available for Pro, in Home the only available method is to use wushowhide.diagcab, as demonstrated by muchomurka earlier...

2. DrSysop Win User

i done that bit it says u paused all updates i want the reg updates not the 1709 update

DrSysop, Nov 17, 2017
  3. Thank you for letting me know @Bree

FreeBooter, Nov 18, 2017
  4. Bree New Member

You're welcome. Home has none of the controls for delaying/pausing updates, nor does it have gpedit. There are other features missing or disabled in Home, including the ability to join a Domain or run a VM.

However, that's beside the point as it seems the OP does have Pro...

...but it seems they've clicked 'pause updates' instead of deferring features updates for up to 365 days as you suggested.

@DrSysop, if you have paused updates that stops all updates for up to 7 days (or 35 in 1709). You don't want to do that, you just want to stop 'features updates' which is what 1709 is.

The two options that can do that are either to select Current Branch for Business, which will defer the 1709 update until the next version of Windows 10 is released (1803 is expected next April). Or set a number of days for 'features updates' to be deferred (max. 365).

Either option will allow you to continue receiving all other updates except the 'Features update to Windows 10, version 1709' (once you have unpaused updates, that is).

Thema:

1. How to stop 1709 from installing through updates - Similar Threads - stop 1709 installing

2. How to stop windows update from installing driver updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop windows update from installing driver updates: I have ASUS Vivobook 16X OLED with AMD Ryzen 7 500H and Radeon built in graphic driver. I've faced an issue with screen flickering which is caused by an outdated graphics software, and AMD recently released an update which solved the issue. Now windows updated forces me to...
  3. How to stop windows update from installing driver updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to stop windows update from installing driver updates: I have ASUS Vivobook 16X OLED with AMD Ryzen 7 500H and Radeon built in graphic driver. I've faced an issue with screen flickering which is caused by an outdated graphics software, and AMD recently released an update which solved the issue. Now windows updated forces me to...
  4. Stop an update from installing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Stop an update from installing: I have some software the is no longer supported but is needed in our work environment. When KB4569745 installs it messes up the system. It has something to do with .Net Framework 3.5 and 4.0 and when it installs it creates havoc with certain ports that the software needs to...
  5. Updating from 1709 to 1903+

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Updating from 1709 to 1903+: Trying to update my Laptop from 1709 to 1903. Apparently the update required does not work to no prevail. I’m normal settings, it starts to install, gets to about 90% then fails and gives an error. When I looked up the error it told me to try disabling antivirus, and to...
  6. Installation from 1709 to 1903

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installation from 1709 to 1903: My PC is 3 major updates behind. If I use Media Creation tool and install 1903 update using ISO method, any side effects to my system? Would like to seek advise if running Windows Update is preferable or jumping straight using ISO installation. 133143
  7. Unable to Install/Update Windows 10 1803 from 1709

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to Install/Update Windows 10 1803 from 1709: I am unable to install/update Windows 10 1803 from 1709. I've called MS Technical Support (and called back 3 times per their instructions) which has been a bit challenging due to language issues. I believe they downloaded an ISO file and a "reset" icon on my desktop....
  8. Updating from 1703 to 1709

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Updating from 1703 to 1709: I'm on 1703 with a 365 day deferral. I want to try a manual update to 1709 so I can experiment with getting comfortable with it before the 1703 October 9 eol, but the only resources I can find is for 1803. 111596
  9. How to stop bugged update from installing ?

How to stop bugged update from installing ?: That's just it. This update is bugged and gives me an awful display experience. I installed windows several times to track it down, and I finally did. Now I need a way to not install it. And uninstalling it after it gets installed is not a solution. If it starts bugging my...
  10. How to stop Windows 10 1709 upgrade?

How to stop Windows 10 1709 upgrade?: The other day, I upgraded my computer from Windows 10 1703 to 1709. It broke my display drivers, preventing me from playing Minecraft and also removing the option to put the computer to sleep. No matter what I did, one of them (the GeForce driver) would not get fixed. So I...