Windows 10: How to stop a specific program from opening the browser?

Discus and support How to stop a specific program from opening the browser? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I am using GOM player as a media player, I am super comfortable with it that I don't want to ever change it, but it has one annoying feature which is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/cielo_mu, Nov 4, 2020.

1. How to stop a specific program from opening the browser?

I am using GOM player as a media player, I am super comfortable with it that I don't want to ever change it, but it has one annoying feature which is opening their page on chrome after most of my watches (exactly when I close the GOM player window)

How can I prevent only GOM player from doing this?

submitted by /u/cielo_mu
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/cielo_mu, Nov 4, 2020

2. Unable to set default browser

• Does this issue happens while you try to set other browser as default too or is it specific to specific browser?

Any browser.

Already did the steps you suggested. It's some kind of bug where it's impossible to set a default browser at all.

I heard elsewhere from one other user
    that it seems to be a problem with upgrading to 10 on the SP3. Sounds very specifc.

guustavooo, Nov 4, 2020
  3. WiIfred P Win User
    how to set open images with specific program

Hi Alan,

This is Wil, one of the independent advisor, an expert with Windows 10 and a fellow Windows 10 user like you. I understand your concern about opening images with a specific program.

To do that, you would need to right-click on the image that you want to open and on the menu choose "Open With". If the program that you wanted to use is not on the list, click on "Choose Another App", scroll down and then click on "More Apps"

I hope my suggestions help you. If you need further assistance please do reply back and I will respond as quickly as possible. Have a nice day.

Thanks,

Wilfred P.

Independent Advisor

WiIfred P, Nov 4, 2020
  4. How to stop a specific program from opening the browser?

Unable to set default browser

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you with this.

The information which you have provided is not enough for us to determine the issue. Please provide us more information.

• Does this issue happens while you try to set other browser as default too or is it specific to specific browser?

To set Internet Explorer/Edge as a default browser, I suggest you to follow the below given steps:

• Press Windows key and type Default Program in search and hit enter.
    • Select "Set your default programs"
    • Click on “Internet Explorer" or “Edge”.
    • Select "Set this program as default” and Click OK.

Please post back with the results and the information asked, we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Nov 4, 2020
Thema:

How to stop a specific program from opening the browser?

1. How to stop a specific program from opening the browser? - Similar Threads - stop specific program

2. Stop programs from opening off screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stop programs from opening off screen: This is now the year 2023, how hard would it be to make Windows determine the available screen area and make it so programs do NOT open off screen. This is totally ridiculous that this is still happening. I'm not looking for a solution on how to get the programs back on...
  3. Stop programs from opening off screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stop programs from opening off screen: This is now the year 2023, how hard would it be to make Windows determine the available screen area and make it so programs do NOT open off screen. This is totally ridiculous that this is still happening. I'm not looking for a solution on how to get the programs back on...
  4. How to stop the Credential Manager Single Sign On from opening in browser?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop the Credential Manager Single Sign On from opening in browser?: I have Windows 7 with Credential Manager and I use Firefox to browse. A while ago I looked up a social media account of someone I know personally in private window and since then the Credential Manager opens up Single Sign On with said persons name as a credential to be saved...
  5. How to stop the Credential Manager Single Sign On from opening in browser?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to stop the Credential Manager Single Sign On from opening in browser?: I have Windows 7 with Credential Manager and I use Firefox to browse. A while ago I looked up a social media account of someone I know personally in private window and since then the Credential Manager opens up Single Sign On with said persons name as a credential to be saved...
  6. How to program F keys to open a specific program in windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to program F keys to open a specific program in windows 10: How to program a key such as F-1 to open a specific program in windows 10. Version 8.1 had a Hot Key utility but unable to locate this in 10....
  7. How to STOP Win10 from opening program in the foreground?

How to STOP Win10 from opening program in the foreground?: I have found posts on how to stop this, but nothing tells me how to make this happen. My last Win10 laptop, when I: right clicked on an image in a folder > open with > graphic software, the image would open in the graphic software, but the Folder Would Stay in the...
  8. how to set open images with specific program

how to set open images with specific program: how to set the computer to open an image with a specific program https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-set-open-images-with-specific-program/248067d7-ae51-4f44-a5dd-562f6779ab72
  9. Is it possible to configure or program a hyperlink to open only in a specific browser.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is it possible to configure or program a hyperlink to open only in a specific browser.: Hello, My manager asked this question yesterday and all of the information that I have found says, no. But all of the information was several years old, there was nothing current on the question. In our environment, we allow staff to use the browser they like. Most staff...
  10. Opening specific website with a specific browser (other than Edge).

Opening specific website with a specific browser (other than Edge).: I am trying to open a website (h2owirelessnow.com) with the TOR browser. Is there a way to select a link and have it open the website with a browser other than the default?...