Windows 10: How to stop a txt file from auto opening at login (Not at startup)

Discus and support How to stop a txt file from auto opening at login (Not at startup) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I had a txt file that I set to open during login. I'm most sure that it loaded at login, not startup. I have since deleted the file and cannot find... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mahrudet, Oct 12, 2018.

1. mahrudet Win User

How to stop a txt file from auto opening at login (Not at startup)

I had a txt file that I set to open during login. I'm most sure that it loaded at login, not startup. I have since deleted the file and cannot find where to stop the error that i get during login ("Can't find txt file"). I'm aware of the startup folder that contains the files that will open during startup, but the txt file in question is not in that folder. That is the startup file that is accessed with "run" and "shell:startup". Thank you.

:)

mahrudet, Oct 12, 2018
  2. dark2099 Win User

Generating a .txt based file list in Windows 7

I want to be able to generate a .txt file that lists all the files and folders in a specific folder on my PC, but don't know the name of any programs that do that. Searched on google a bit and came up with this guide, but it's for XP and I can't seem to find some of the folder options to modify the .bat file. Any suggestions? Thanks

http://www.theeldergeek.com/file_list_generator.htm

EDIT: The .bat file will do what I want if it is in the folder I want to do it in, but the option I want to add is having the right click option that it shows.

dark2099, Oct 12, 2018
  3. Generating a .txt based file list in Windows 7

No, that > bla.txt is the target file to write to. You could use a wildcard in the argument, ie c:\windows\*.txt which would list all dlls in c:\windows. But adding that to a simple right-click would be tricky.

Basically you would execute fancyfile.bat c:\windows\*.txt, fancyfile.bat would then write all .txt files to bla.txt.

DanTheBanjoman, Oct 12, 2018
  4. Aceman.au Win User

.txt will open open in Command Prompt

Only .txt files...

Aceman.au, Oct 12, 2018
Thema:

1. How to stop a txt file from auto opening at login (Not at startup) - Similar Threads - stop txt file

2. How to REALLY stop Win10 from auto updating?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to REALLY stop Win10 from auto updating?: I'm having a hard time making Windows REALLY stop updating without consent. The idea is that when I'm turning on my laptop for the first time in a while I'm usually in a place where I'm hotspotting with my mobile phone. Needless to say I need to limit my data flow making...
  3. how to convert the txt file into xml file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to convert the txt file into xml file: I have used the application for conversion txt into xml file but when I convert it is showing an error that is something called as no program to convert it what should I do for conversion .But I know that it is silly question but it is part of my seeking the knowledge...
  4. Opening .txt attachments

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Opening .txt attachments: I received an attachment in my email that is a .txt and I can not open it. What do I need to do open it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-outlook_mail/opening-txt-attachments/f20c1cda-38bf-4607-b7ec-2d179d6cf037
  5. How to stop pages from auto save as documents

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to stop pages from auto save as documents: When I open a file or document online, it automatically wants to save it to a file. How do I change the settings? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/how-to-stop-pages-from-auto-save-as-documents/0e2162f0-ec78-4898-9d22-7a7b008c8690
  6. How to stop Google from auto filling forms

in Browsers and Email
    How to stop Google from auto filling forms: Just recently I've noticed whenever I click on the field that needs to be filled in there's a drop-down of several of the last things I've entered in forms on Google. I'm not sure if this happens with one of the upgrades but recently it just started happening and I like to...
  7. shortcut to open txt file and go to end

in Windows 10 Support
    shortcut to open txt file and go to end: Especially in log files. How can I open, say, Log.txt in Notepad and go to the end automatically? 109536
  8. How to stop insert disk window that opens on startup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to stop insert disk window that opens on startup: Cannot figure out how to stop this window from displaying on start up. (pic attached) Any help will be appreciated. 56334
  9. File explorer auto open at startup of windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File explorer auto open at startup of windows: till yesterday everything was ok but today suddenly when I start windows File explorer open automatically without any command, I did restart system thrice but same was happening. How do I remove this auto open of file explorer when I start windows. 37862
  10. auto login

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    auto login: Where are the settings for auto login ? I found the one for wake up from sleep and set it to no password required. 2180