Windows 10: How to stop a Win32 app from getting suspended ?

Discus and support How to stop a Win32 app from getting suspended ? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I really need some help here. I have an msi GL63 laptop with an intel i5 9300H cpu and gtx 1660ti graphics. My cpu has been draining too much power... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by A.Mohit, May 19, 2020.

1. A.Mohit Win User

How to stop a Win32 app from getting suspended ?

I really need some help here. I have an msi GL63 laptop with an intel i5 9300H cpu and gtx 1660ti graphics. My cpu has been draining too much power Nearly 15 watts at idle due to a software issue. The laptop has the MSI dragon center app. Now when the app is active, everything runs fine, but when running on battery, the dragon center app is suspended by windows and the power draw peaks because the power limits are no longer active.

PLEASE watch this video i have uploaded : Windows Suspend Issue

Is there any way to whitelist the app ? It's not a UWP Store app, it's a regular win32 application

:)

A.Mohit, May 19, 2020
  2. DeLaguna Win User

Suspended apps on task manager

Good day,

I am Florentino Windows 10 Expert, user, and Independent advisor. I have built/troubleshot/tutored on Custom Windows Computers for over a decade, and I am happy to help you.

Modern UWP (metro) apps are suspended by a svchost process that controls UWP app power states. Also, you can manually do this in the Resource Monitor yourself for any process thought you may not get the desired outcome if the program isn't programmed for that
    functionality. Generally, this is done to save system resources, like energy and CPU usage. The UWP apps are coded to allow this, that's why you don't see traditional Win32 programs going into a suspended state.

you should be able to unsuspend in the resource monitor.

Press the Windows key and type "Resource Monitor"

Select it out of the results.

Then click on overview. look for the process you want to unsuspend

right-click.

Choose Resume. If the process is able to resume it will. If it needs to be in a suspended state or is unresponsive it will stay suspended.

If you continue to have this problem and the program isn't acting right I suggest you contact the program developer using their help or tech support.

I hope this is helpful. Have a great day! How to stop a Win32 app from getting suspended ? :)

Sincerely,

Florentino

DeLaguna, May 19, 2020
  3. Suspended apps on task manager

Hi I was wondering if there is a way I could unsuspend apps or stop them from being suspended in task manager

When I try and open a game I have in file explorer it starts processing it for a bit and then suspends it and closes it but its only using less than 4% of the cpu

wondering how to stop it from suspending apps all together or how to unsuspend certain apps

Lachie_196, May 19, 2020
  4. How to stop a Win32 app from getting suspended ?

WMPlayer win32 error

List the EXACT "blah, blah" you mention, here please... for ALL installation cases!

(Sound like a possible "DLL-Hell" issue, but "Windows File Protection" &/or "System File Protection" should have countered for this... no biggie, there's ways around that too!)

*Smile How to stop a Win32 app from getting suspended ? :)

* I have to 'step-out' now, but imo, this is the track to pursue here, & we will when I get back... so, please list that data I request!

APK

Alec§taar, May 19, 2020
Thema:

How to stop a Win32 app from getting suspended ?

1. How to stop a Win32 app from getting suspended ? - Similar Threads - stop Win32 app

2. How to stop windows 11 from suspending apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to stop windows 11 from suspending apps: I have found that I am unable to work due to windows suspending my Azure VPN connection even if I set the priority to realtime in services and allow to always run the app in the background.What seems to be working is to enable efficiency mode on task manager.This stops the...
  3. How to stop windows 11 from suspending apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop windows 11 from suspending apps: I have found that I am unable to work due to windows suspending my Azure VPN connection even if I set the priority to realtime in services and allow to always run the app in the background.What seems to be working is to enable efficiency mode on task manager.This stops the...
  4. Stopping Windows from Suspending Apps Automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stopping Windows from Suspending Apps Automatically: I'm trying to troubleshoot potential reasons for why a certain game keeps crashing. I've noticed that, upon entering this specific game, and checking task manager, one of the tasks connected to the game acquires as green leaf icon, and I am informed that the "UWP Process was...
  5. Stopping Windows from Suspending Apps Automatically

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stopping Windows from Suspending Apps Automatically: I'm trying to troubleshoot potential reasons for why a certain game keeps crashing. I've noticed that, upon entering this specific game, and checking task manager, one of the tasks connected to the game acquires as green leaf icon, and I am informed that the "UWP Process was...
  6. Stopping Windows from Suspending Apps Automatically

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. How Can I Stop Windows 10 From Suspending My Apps?

How Can I Stop Windows 10 From Suspending My Apps?: Windows is Going On Suspending My Much Needed Apps. How Do I Stop Windows From Doing That.Thanks For Any Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-stop-windows-10-from-suspending-my-apps/9b67b7f9-f7eb-4005-a497-d6408f9d27ca
  8. App getting instantly suspended

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    App getting instantly suspended: [ATTACH] Wassup. So, I've encountered this problem on my friend's laptop first with a game called Friday Night Funkin', and now I'm having the same issue but with Terraria. About a year ago, Terraria was working fine on my PC, but now older versions and new versions don't...
  9. App getting instantly suspended

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    App getting instantly suspended: [ATTACH] Wassup. So, I've encountered this problem on my girlfriend's laptop first with a game called Friday Night Funkin', and now I'm having the same issue but with Terraria. About a year ago, Terraria was working fine on my PC, but now older versions and new versions...
  10. How to stop Windows from suspending apps?

How to stop Windows from suspending apps?: So sometimes apps get "suspended" if the system doesn't want them running in the background. The apps get a green leaf icon in task manager with a tooltip that reads, "This UWP group is suspending processes to improve system performance." I want this function completely...