Windows 10: How to stop a window from minimizing when clicking the application behind it

Discus and support How to stop a window from minimizing when clicking the application behind it in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I want to lock in place my task manager whilst being able to use the application open behind it so i can see it at the same time, how do i do this?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/PhoenixMaster123, Nov 15, 2020.

1. How to stop a window from minimizing when clicking the application behind it

I want to lock in place my task manager whilst being able to use the application open behind it so i can see it at the same time, how do i do this?

submitted by /u/PhoenixMaster123
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/PhoenixMaster123, Nov 15, 2020

2. Minimize applications

Hi Osman,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As the above description is not clear do let us know the following to assist you better:

• Which applications are you referring to?
    • Are you referring to the minimized applications in the Task bar?
    • If so, what is the exact issue you are facing with it?

Your query is little unclear, I suggest you to follow the below article to help us understand your query.

Microsoft Community

Reply to the post with the required information and brief description about this issue, we will be happy to help you accordingly.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 15, 2020
  3. josechow Win User
    Windows Minimize all applications

I am having sort of an issue here. Whenever I load up a full screen application, it is minimized to the tray... and immediately after I bring it back up, its minimized again. I ran a dxdiag video test, and the tests are canceled due to a "key press". In light of this, I unplugged all input devices and hooked up a standard ps2 keyboard as the only input device, and there is still an issue... I have also done numerous anti-virus checks hoping that was the problem, but none were found. I currently use AVG free.

Other than that, im not sure what is causing this problem, but it is rather annoying since it disables me from playing any game or running any full windows application.

josechow, Nov 15, 2020
  4. How to stop a window from minimizing when clicking the application behind it

Programs closing when clicking on Minimize

When I click minimize no error appears it just closes like when I press the X button.

I did research and nothing came up about it so no I have not done any troubleshooting steps.

Matthew20cats, Nov 15, 2020
Thema:

How to stop a window from minimizing when clicking the application behind it

1. How to stop a window from minimizing when clicking the application behind it - Similar Threads - stop window minimizing

2. full screen applications being minimized when i click on another application

in Windows 10 Gaming
    full screen applications being minimized when i click on another application: I have an issue, as many of us duel monitor users do, most of us being gamers. I have Windows 11, although I think this was an issue in 10 as well. Obviously it wasn't fixed in the update. This question was asked before in 2020 with an answer of "This is not actually a...
  3. full screen applications being minimized when i click on another application

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    full screen applications being minimized when i click on another application: I have an issue, as many of us duel monitor users do, most of us being gamers. I have Windows 11, although I think this was an issue in 10 as well. Obviously it wasn't fixed in the update. This question was asked before in 2020 with an answer of "This is not actually a...
  4. How to stop an application from hiding when I click on another?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop an application from hiding when I click on another?: I have an application open that I need to stay visible. When I click on another application, it hides and I can't see it. How do I stop this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-stop-an-application-from-hiding-when-i/6e60d146-1510-4ae4-b2a7-75021d714fe1
  5. How to stop an application from hiding when I click on another?

How to stop an application from hiding when I click on another?: I have an application open that I need to stay visible. When I click on another application, it hides and I can't see it. How do I stop this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-stop-an-application-from-hiding-when-i/6e60d146-1510-4ae4-b2a7-75021d714fe1
  6. How To Stop The Game From Minimizing When Hitting Windows Key?

How To Stop The Game From Minimizing When Hitting Windows Key?: So basically usually when I hit the windows key, the search bar pops up, but now when I'm playing a game, It pops up the search bar and also automatically minimizes the game when I press the windows key. Which I do not prefer to have. I Just want to pop up the search bar...
  7. multiple windows minimizing window behind

in Windows 10 Gaming
    multiple windows minimizing window behind: I am getting this issue now where if I open a new window the window behind minimizes, this can be extremely annoying while gaming.It happened a little while ago with a Win 11 update and I was able to fix it via settings / gaming / turning off gaming mode but that isn't...
  8. multiple windows minimizing window behind

multiple windows minimizing window behind: I am getting this issue now where if I open a new window the window behind minimizes, this can be extremely annoying while gaming.It happened a little while ago with a Win 11 update and I was able to fix it via settings / gaming / turning off gaming mode but that isn't...
  9. Preventing window from minimizing when clicking outside of it?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Preventing window from minimizing when clicking outside of it?: Is there a way to stop a window that is not snapped from minimizing when I click another window? submitted by /u/Double_AA_Battery [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kaotqz/preventing_window_from_minimizing_when_clicking/
  10. Taskbar is behind minimized windows

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar is behind minimized windows: [ATTACH] This is really annoying. The problem is when windows aren't fullscreen. If I drag them down, they are on top of the taskbar. I took a screenshot of the problem to illustrate. The second problem is related- when I have the taskbar set to auto-hide (which I would...