Windows 10: How to stop a windows-program from running at startup if it doesn't show up on startup tab...

Discus and support How to stop a windows-program from running at startup if it doesn't show up on startup tab... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'm trying to stop snipping Tool from startup up at logon. I've looked through every service in the services-tab, every autorun entry on Sysinternals'... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Yugi Muto, Aug 30, 2019.

1. Yugi Muto Win User

How to stop a windows-program from running at startup if it doesn't show up on startup tab...

I'm trying to stop snipping Tool from startup up at logon.
    I've looked through every service in the services-tab, every autorun entry on Sysinternals' autoruns program and checked "C:\Users\Me\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\startup".

There's nothing in
    "Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run" or "\Runonce"
    either.

Any google search leads to either the suggestion to go to task-manager's startup tab or to run → msconfig. I'm out of options...

[Note: It only starts up when it was open upon shutdown, so no I don't need you guys suggestion to close it upon shutdown, this shouldn't even be a problem for a normal OS to begin with]

:)

Yugi Muto, Aug 30, 2019
  2. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Aug 30, 2019
  3. Kreij Win User
    Adding programs to startup with Windows 7?

You could add entries to the registry to launch the apps on startup, but it's easier to just add them to the startup foler as Newt suggested.

Kreij, Aug 30, 2019
  4. How to stop a windows-program from running at startup if it doesn't show up on startup tab...

using AtiTool in xp home @ startup

I can`t use AtiTool-settings under XP Home Edition @ startup. Only on an admin-account it works :/. Is there a possibility to make it run under every other account? (to copy the autorun entry in the autorun list of an user doesn`t work)
    thank u 4 answers

Ati(-tool)-fan, Aug 30, 2019
Thema:

How to stop a windows-program from running at startup if it doesn't show up on startup tab...

1. How to stop a windows-program from running at startup if it doesn't show up on startup tab... - Similar Threads - stop program running

2. program option in startup tab

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    program option in startup tab: why am i getting program written instead of windows defender notification in task manager startup tab https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/program-option-in-startup-tab/ec9e24aa-8b69-40d4-9ea8-dc7d31a65b0a
  3. how to stop an app opening on startup that doesn't show on startup apps

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    how to stop an app opening on startup that doesn't show on startup apps: Does anyone know how to prevent an app from opening from startup. The problem is that when I open start up apps and try to disable the program that starts up on my pc every time I start it, it doesn't show that specific program on the list of start up programs submitted by...
  4. What is the Program program showing up in Windows 8 Task Manager Startup tab?

What is the Program program showing up in Windows 8 Task Manager Startup tab?: [ATTACH] I am writing to find out what the application that writes this 'Program' in Task Manager is. I do not have any problems with my device, but I wonder why this program is there in terms of security, I hope I could explain....
  5. Run a program at startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Run a program at startup: Greetings, I already tried asking this in Microsoft Answers. I would like to have a command script (.cmd) run automatically, making sure: 1. The program doesn't start until the user logs in 2. The program doesn't start for other users I thought I could use this startup...
  6. How to stop Edge from running as the startup program?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to stop Edge from running as the startup program?: How to stop Edge from running as the startup program or delete it permanently? Kind regards, Nenad 142152
  7. Nothing shows up in the startup tab of taskmanager

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Nothing shows up in the startup tab of taskmanager: As you can see literally nothing is showing up in the startup tab of task manager, I used to have around 10 programs in there before the last windows update and i'm a bit worried about why nothing is there anymore. Anyone know why this might be happening or a fix for it?...
  8. Programs not showing in startup tab in task manager

in Windows 10 Customization
    Programs not showing in startup tab in task manager: I recently discovered that the apps I set to run on startup were not open, I had to run them manually. Thought it was a fluke but it happened the next day. I thought, no problem, I'll just open up the task manager startup tab... and then I discovered that the programs I want...
  9. What is the Program "program" showing up in Windows 10 Task Manager Startup tab?

What is the Program "program" showing up in Windows 10 Task Manager Startup tab?: I have a program on the startup tab named "program". When I right click on it to see its location; I saw 'open file location' and 'properties' are grayed. Can anyone have any idea what is this? What should I do with it? Please reply. [ATTACH] [ATTACH]...
  10. stop Notepad from running at startup

in Windows 10 Support
    stop Notepad from running at startup: Notepad opens whenever I start my Dell EliteBook. I want to prevent Notepad from opening at this time. I've tried using the Startup tab in Task Manager and the Startup function in CCleaner. Does anyone have other fixes to suggest? I've attached screen capture to show my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. program named program in windows 10 startup