Windows 10: How to stop a Windows Update that is already installed from installing again

Discus and support How to stop a Windows Update that is already installed from installing again in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; There is a Windows Update showing in Settings -2021-07 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 20H2 for x64-based Systems KB5004237that is pending to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by cagill, Jul 25, 2021.

1. cagill Win User

How to stop a Windows Update that is already installed from installing again

There is a Windows Update showing in Settings -2021-07 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 20H2 for x64-based Systems KB5004237that is pending to be downloaded and installed, but I checked my update history and this update was already installed the week before.How can I stop it from installing again.When updates install on my laptop, it really slows it down to the point the laptop is unusable.

:)

cagill, Jul 25, 2021
  2. jds21 Win User

Windows Updates failed to instal

I just did step one and they have just all installed.... thank you so much.... it was quite frustrating having that update window pop up every 5 minutes and failing to instal every time

Thanks mate

jds21, Jul 25, 2021
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jul 25, 2021
  4. How to stop a Windows Update that is already installed from installing again

Windows 7 wont install drivers

i dont think anyone here understands what your asking either when its nearly a 90% english dominated Tech forum.
    Step 1
    reinstall windows from scratch
    Step 2
    install all drivers from the cd that came with the god damn motherboard *common sense*
    Step 3
    update windows
    Step 4
    install misc etc crap like flash java etc etc
    Step 5
    Install GPU drivers
    Step 6
    go back to using your pc without issue.

crazyeyesreaper, Jul 25, 2021
Thema:

How to stop a Windows Update that is already installed from installing again

1. How to stop a Windows Update that is already installed from installing again - Similar Threads - stop Update already

2. My Pc Is Already Updated But Same Update installs again and again

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Pc Is Already Updated But Same Update installs again and again: This Is The Link Where I Put The VideoHey Guys This Was A Major Issue Pls Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-is-already-updated-but-same-update-installs/46d791aa-1b52-4deb-ad58-b21da647e008
  3. My Pc Is Already Updated But Same Update installs again and again

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Pc Is Already Updated But Same Update installs again and again: This Is The Link Where I Put The VideoHey Guys This Was A Major Issue Pls Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-is-already-updated-but-same-update-installs/46d791aa-1b52-4deb-ad58-b21da647e008
  4. How to stop windows update from installing driver updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop windows update from installing driver updates: I have ASUS Vivobook 16X OLED with AMD Ryzen 7 500H and Radeon built in graphic driver. I've faced an issue with screen flickering which is caused by an outdated graphics software, and AMD recently released an update which solved the issue. Now windows updated forces me to...
  5. Windows Update trying to install update that's already installed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update trying to install update that's already installed: Windows Update is constantly trying to a install a windows update that's already installed. To be specific it's September 1st 2021-08 Cumulative Update Preview KB5005101 or September 14 2021-09 Cumulative Update KB5005565 I'm using Windows 10 21H1.This seems to be related to...
  6. How to stop windows from installing a specific update?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to stop windows from installing a specific update?: I noticed that this particular update keeps causing certain games to crash whenever I play them. It gets fixed whenever I uninstall the update. How do I stop windows from trying to install the update? submitted by /u/Alphium [link] [comments]...
  7. Windows Update tries to install an already installed update

Windows Update tries to install an already installed update: Hello there. I noticed that windows update tries to install a display driver and it fails, because it already has installed it. This has been going on since the 2020 update release. I can't make it stop. Is there any way to make it "forget" or exclude this update? Somehow...
  8. Find already installed Windows games again?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Find already installed Windows games again?: I have rebuilt my PC so that I have a fresh OS again. Now I would like to be able to start Forza Horizon that is installed on my 2nd hard drive again. Since my internet connection is not the fastest thanks to the German network expansion, I would not like to have to...
  9. Windows Update tries to install an already-installed update.

Windows Update tries to install an already-installed update.: Fix Windows Update or give the one from 8.1 or 7. The update in question is this: [ATTACH] Now I have already installed it manually by downloading it through Microsoft Catalogue since I know Windows Updates fail mostly. Here's the proof: [ATTACH]...
  10. How to stop bugged update from installing ?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to stop bugged update from installing ?: That's just it. This update is bugged and gives me an awful display experience. I installed windows several times to track it down, and I finally did. Now I need a way to not install it. And uninstalling it after it gets installed is not a solution. If it starts bugging my...