Windows 10: How to stop ads in google/chrome that use a lot of cpu cycles

Discus and support How to stop ads in google/chrome that use a lot of cpu cycles in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a logitech mouse and keyboard combo that is very sensitive to background cpu usage. Google/Chrome ads are particularly infamous for this, at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SweetTasha, Sep 3, 2020.

1. How to stop ads in google/chrome that use a lot of cpu cycles

I have a logitech mouse and keyboard combo that is very sensitive to background cpu usage. Google/Chrome ads are particularly infamous for this, at least in a couple sites that I visit pretty much every day. I don't have any problem with Google making money from ads, but when the mouse and keyboard are impacted, it has a huge impact on my productivity. I've searched Google for how to accomplish this, but their instructions take you to page after page and eventually I always end up with a step that I don't understand how to do, or often it gets me back to where I started.

Can someone give me an idea how to manage this?

Thanks. SweetTasha.

:)

SweetTasha, Sep 3, 2020
  2. Xylee Del Win User

problem uninstalling google chrome

Hi,

Since you already uninstalled Google Chrome using the Programs and Features, Google notifications may still be running in the background processes. We suggest that you follow these steps on how to end the Google Chrome process:

• On your keyboard, press Ctrl+Alt+Delete.
    • Select Task Manager.
    • Under Processes, locate Google Notifications or Google Chrome.
    • Right click on them and select End Task.
    • Double check under Programs and Features if Google Chrome is completely gone.

Let us know if these steps worked.

Xylee Del, Sep 3, 2020
  3. Caslon Win User
    Google Chrome not using outrageous amount of CPU lately with Windows

Not sure this is relevant to this forum, but a few months ago, using Google Chrome had a lot of people wondering why the hell Chrome was using so much CPU. Opening up Task Manager it would show 12 instances of Chrome and my CPU was going crazy with CPU usage. Anyways, I'm not sure anyone here had that happening, but as of late it has stopped. I'm not sure if this is due to Windows 10 updates allaying that ridiculous use of Chrome CPU usage or if Google finally realized it and put a stop to it. The usual suggestions had to do with closing Chromes unnecessary apps and all that, but I don't think that was the problem to begin with. I had bookmarks but not very many Chrome apps. I know this isn't a Chrome forum, but thank god that issue got corrected, either due to Windows 10 or Google Chrome techs. Also, I'd relate this in an active Google Chrome forum, but I can't find any. I doubt Google Chrome has an active forum to participate in. Please reply if you know of an ACTIVE Google Chrome forum OUTSIDE of Google.

Caslon, Sep 3, 2020
  4. dalchina Win User

How to stop ads in google/chrome that use a lot of cpu cycles

dalchina, Sep 3, 2020
Thema:

How to stop ads in google/chrome that use a lot of cpu cycles

1. How to stop ads in google/chrome that use a lot of cpu cycles - Similar Threads - stop ads google

2. cannot use google chrome

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    cannot use google chrome: I get this error while using Google Chrome This site can’t be reachedlogin.live.com’s server IP address could not be found.Try:Checking the proxy, firewall and secure DNS configurationRunning Windows Network DiagnosticsDNS_PROBE_FINISHED_BAD_SECURE_CONFIGTried all options,...
  3. Unable to use Google chrome

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to use Google chrome: Im using Windows 10 and recently after the google experienced an outage issue on 14/12/20 , on the next day when i tried to surf in Chrome i was unable to access any web search and cant connect to YouTube gmail and many other websites. My internet connection is okay , i even...
  4. Google Chrome High CPU Usage.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Google Chrome High CPU Usage.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/LostMC07 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hlz1t9/google_chrome_high_cpu_usage/
  5. Google Chrome not using outrageous amount of CPU lately with Windows

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Google Chrome not using outrageous amount of CPU lately with Windows: Not sure this is relevant to this forum, but a few months ago, using Google Chrome had a lot of people wondering why the hell Chrome was using so much CPU. Opening up Task Manager it would show 12 instances of Chrome and my CPU was going crazy with CPU usage. Anyways, I'm not...
  6. How to use Google Chrome with windows?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to use Google Chrome with windows?: How can I use Google Chrome with Windows. Can I only use Google Search? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-use-google-chrome-with-windows/36bd9f2f-af73-4efa-86ef-a884ab3d4f72
  7. Google Chrome Spiking CPU

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Google Chrome Spiking CPU: As the title says google chrome will go from using 6% CPU to 75% without me doing anything. And just in comparison when I play Fortnite it only uses about 20% of my CPU. This just makes no sense to me....
  8. Stop Google Chrome 'cycling' though internet ports?

in Browsers and Email
    Stop Google Chrome 'cycling' though internet ports?: I've noticed Google Chrome 'cycles' through high-range internet ports while connected to the internet. To further explain: It opens a new port each time you open a new tab, and those new ports are usually sequentially one number higher than the last port opened. Is there a...
  9. Stop Google Chrome 'cycling' though internet ports?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stop Google Chrome 'cycling' though internet ports?: I've noticed Google Chrome 'cycles' through high-range internet ports while connected to the internet. To further explain: It opens a new port each time you open a new tab, and those new ports are usually sequentially one number higher than the last port opened. Is there a...
  10. Chrome Using a Lot RAM

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome Using a Lot RAM: Hey, Why Google Chrome using a lot RAM ? All this 3 images is from Chrome .exe [img] [img] [img] 93921