Windows 10: How to Stop and Start OneDrive Syncing - my simple method

Discus and support How to Stop and Start OneDrive Syncing - my simple method in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have created a simple solution for me to stop and start OneDrive Syncing by using the Windows Task Scheduler. I have created a basic task to start... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by PierreCornelissen, Jan 3, 2019.

1. How to Stop and Start OneDrive Syncing - my simple method

I have created a simple solution for me to stop and start OneDrive Syncing by using the Windows Task Scheduler.

I have created a basic task to start OneDrive with the following:

• Task Name: Start OneDrive
    • Trigger: Daily
    • Scheduling: Your prefered start time (enter the date when you want the syncing to commence)
    • Action: Start a program
    • Script: Where the OneDrive image resides, normally in C:\Users\XXX\AppData\Local\Microsoft\OneDrive\OneDrive.exe

When OneDrive starts it will open the OneDrive window and if set the OneDrive taskbar icon will appear. I work from home, so I do not have to log off – you have to try that one by yourself. DO NOT USE THE ADMINISTRATIVE OPTION.

The second basic task is to stop OneDrive:

• Task Name: Stop OneDrive
    • Trigger: Daily
    • Scheduling: Your prefer stop time (enter the date when you want the syncing to commence)
    • Action: Start a program
    • Script: Taskkill.exe with the arguments /im OneDrive.exe /F

Once OneDrive is stopped, when set, the OneDrive icon may still be shown as a toolbar icon, but as soon as you move the mouse over the icon it will disappear.

Save and test check with a start and stop time close to each other – make it 10 minutes between start and stop and verify - then setup the real times.

If anyone has a better idea it would be great to hear from you.

Hope this will help you all.

:)

PierreCornelissen, Jan 3, 2019

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Jan 3, 2019
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    How do I stop solications to setup OneDrive?

Hi,

We apologize for the delay response and thank you for the additional details.

Upon analyzing this matter, it seems that
    OneDrive is having issues in syncing your
    Microsoft Account that causes the issue to occur. We suggest you to try these following methods and check if there's any changes:

Method 1: add/remove your account in OneDrive.

To do unlink your account, follow these steps:

• Right-click on the
      cloud icon
      on the lower right of your screen.

• Choose
      Settings.

• On the
      Account tab, click on
      Unlink this PC.

• Choose
      Unlink Account.

To add your account, just run OneDrive again the enter your credentials.

Method 2: reset OneDrive.

To reset OneDrive, follow these steps:

• Press
      Windows key + R.

• Type
      %localappdata%\Microsoft\OneDrive\onedrive.exe /reset

• Click
      OK.

• Make sure that the
      cloud iconor the
      OneDrive icon
      on the bottom right
      disappears.

• If the icon doesn't
      re-appear after a few minutes, press
      Windows key + R
      and type
      %localappdata%\Microsoft\OneDrive\onedrive.exe

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Jan 3, 2019
  4. How to Stop and Start OneDrive Syncing - my simple method

Windows 10 - OneDrive

W10Privacy utility. Option to permanently stop OneDrive from starting up.

lemonadesoda, Jan 3, 2019
Thema:

How to Stop and Start OneDrive Syncing - my simple method

1. How to Stop and Start OneDrive Syncing - my simple method - Similar Threads - Stop Start OneDrive

2. Stop Auto Sync my OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stop Auto Sync my OneDrive: am using Window 11 and would like to stop auto sync the Onedrive, please tell me how this could be done https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stop-auto-sync-my-onedrive/2eed2797-534c-43ff-b80f-6ce6917053cf
  3. Stop Auto Sync my OneDrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stop Auto Sync my OneDrive: am using Window 11 and would like to stop auto sync the Onedrive, please tell me how this could be done https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stop-auto-sync-my-onedrive/2eed2797-534c-43ff-b80f-6ce6917053cf
  4. Start sync with OneDrive

Start sync with OneDrive: I've recently reinstalled Windows 10. Now I can see the files within OneDrive but I can't open them. When I click the OneDrive app nothing happens. I remember I previously had placed the OneDrive map in a different location witch I now can't quite remember. How do I start...
  5. How to stop onedrive from syncing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop onedrive from syncing: Hi,I accidentally enabled onedrive and it starting syncing 300+GB of photos to the cloud. I do not want this and I do not need this since I have another backup process in place. It also starting syncing documents which I do not want in the cloud due to security reasons.When...
  6. How to stop onedrive from syncing

How to stop onedrive from syncing: Hi,I accidentally enabled onedrive and it starting syncing 300+GB of photos to the cloud. I do not want this and I do not need this since I have another backup process in place. It also starting syncing documents which I do not want in the cloud due to security reasons.When...
  7. How to stop OneDrive from syncing my desktop?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to stop OneDrive from syncing my desktop?: I have a personal computer I use for video games and a Laptop for school but sometimes shortcuts on my personal computer show on the laptop and vice versa. It is not only is just annoying in general I feel awkward having games openly shown when at school. I tried deleting the...
  8. How to stop OneDrive from syncing my desktop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop OneDrive from syncing my desktop?: I have a personal computer I use for video games and a Laptop for school but sometimes shortcuts on my personal computer show on the laptop and vice versa. It is not only is just annoying in general I feel awkward having games openly shown when at school. I tried deleting the...
  9. How to stop OneDrive from syncing my desktop?

10. How to Stop Syncing onedrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to Stop Syncing onedrive: Hello,I would like to know how to stop all onedrive syncing.It will not allow me to uncheck "Documents", "Downloads", "Pictures"I am tired of having to go into one drive to delete things just to have onedrive put them all back.I dont want sync!! I like placing files in...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. one drive stop sync and start sync