Windows 10: How to stop Antimalware Service Executable from scanning my source code and fighting with...

Discus and support How to stop Antimalware Service Executable from scanning my source code and fighting with... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Every time, when I am building some large projects, the anti-malware service executable will start fighting with compilers and eats a huge amount of... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by [NOWAY], Aug 3, 2020.

1. [NOWAY] Win User

How to stop Antimalware Service Executable from scanning my source code and fighting with...

Every time, when I am building some large projects, the anti-malware service executable will start fighting with compilers and eats a huge amount of ram, takes up to 30% of my CPU utilization for itself as the compilers only have 10% of CPU time. I already have added the path of source code and compiler to Windows defender's exclusion but it still annoyingly scanning everything! This is very stupid and wasted a lot of time.

Specs:

Version: Windows OS Build 19041.388

Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 4600H

Thanks in advance

:)

[NOWAY], Aug 3, 2020

2. Antimalware Service Executable - How do I stop it completely?

Hello Aniax,

As you are facing issues with high performance usage by Antimalware Service Executable service on your device, we will help you with this issue.

I would like to inform that Antimalware Service Executable is a part of Windows Essentials.

I suggest you to refer to the below post and check if your issue matches with the same. If so, try the troubleshooting steps suggested by
    GreginMich replied on November 6, 2015 and check if it helps.

How to stop Antimalware Service Executable from hogging cpu on Windows

Hope it helps. Get back to us for further assistance on this issue. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 3, 2020
  3. Stop antimalware service executable (Windows defender automatic scan) on Windows 10

I have been fighting this for over a year. And as aaronshenhao says-it is worse since the last update. Has been running non stop.

I think it is appalling that Microsoft cannot come up with a fix that actually works.

After much surfing myself online I did find one thing that has worked.

Antimalware Service Executable – High Usage Fix

Used option #2

He says:

When you’ve right click on that “Antimalware Service Executable” process in your task manager and select the open file location option, it will lead you to the file name
    “MsMpEng.exe” which is normally located in the Windows Defenders program files.
    And that’s the file who’s creating this problem:

By given that file path in your defender’s “Excluded files and locations” setting, it will skip that location to scan, I’m suggesting this
    because, by some minor fault, it will start to scan itself and makes your computer hanged.

This makes sense to me...plus it is an easy fix. Has totally fixed the problem (so far)!

Hope it works for you!

marcellam., Aug 3, 2020
  4. How to stop Antimalware Service Executable from scanning my source code and fighting with...

Antimalware Service Executable Will Never Stop Running

If you think about it, the only way that Windows Defender can possibly provide real-time protection is by keeping its Antimalware Service alive continuously. If you want to spend some time with the issue, then you can try disabling behavior monitoring:

windows defender endless scans

And you can go after stray real-time antimalware components with the manufacturer's cleanup utilities; and you can scan for undetected malware with third-party malware-removal tools (on-demand scanners); and you can use the Resource Monitor (or Process
    Monitor) to hunt down errant processes. But identifying the source can often prove quite frustrating
    – and since just switching to another free AV app often seems to resolve this issue nicely, that’s something that you might want to consider right up front if you don’t want to spend a lot of time hunting for the offending process:

How to stop Antimalware Service Executable from hogging cpu on Windows 10

GreginMich, Aug 3, 2020
Thema:

How to stop Antimalware Service Executable from scanning my source code and fighting with...

1. How to stop Antimalware Service Executable from scanning my source code and fighting with... - Similar Threads - stop Antimalware Service

2. Want To stop Antimalware Service Executable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Want To stop Antimalware Service Executable: Hello, I am using the windows with the latest updates and really want to disable Antimalware Service Executable whatsoever because it taking like a hell of Memory Space, My laptop goes bananas while using other apps but I have tried many ways to disable it, but in vain,...
  3. Want To stop Antimalware Service Executable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Want To stop Antimalware Service Executable: Hello, I am using the windows with the latest updates and really want to disable Antimalware Service Executable whatsoever because it taking like a hell of Memory Space, My laptop goes bananas while using other apps but I have tried many ways to disable it, but in vain,...
  4. Want To stop Antimalware Service Executable

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Stop Antimalware Service Executable

in Windows 10 Customization
    Stop Antimalware Service Executable: How do I stop the Antimalware Service Executable in Windows 10?I've tried using the Group Policy Editor and Registry editor but the old methods don't seem to work anymore. This thing is unusable with Windows Defender turned on and I don't have access to my Mac right now....
  6. Stop Antimalware service executable

Stop Antimalware service executable: I have tried registry edit, task scheduler. I can't seem to stop Windows defender antimalware service executable.It says its disabled but its still using the same amount of resources when I check task manager. How can I stop it without it starting up again....
  7. Antimalware Service Executable - Scanning NAS

Antimalware Service Executable - Scanning NAS: I have added exclusions for all mapped network drives from my NAS but Microsoft Defender Antivirus Service is constantly using significant network bandwidth. Is there any way to prevent this service from scanning network locations? The OS is Windows 10 Pro, Version...
  8. To stop antimalware service executable

To stop antimalware service executable: I am having windows 10 home operating system and from few days this "Anti malware service excutable" is running in background. This msmpeng.exe is always auto starting and highly using cpu resources eventually making the system slow as ****. I tried all the methods possible...
  9. To stop antimalware service executable

To stop antimalware service executable: I am having windows 10 home operating system and from few days this "Anti malware service excutable" is running in background. This msmpeng.exe is always auto starting and highly using cpu resources eventually making the system slow as ****. I tried all the methods possible...
  10. how to stop antimalware service executable

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to stop antimalware service executable: hloo.i want to stop anti malware serviceexecutable in my pc.necause it using lot of memory and disk space.therby it making my computer very slow.pls provide steps to stop it or close it.while im trying to stop it in task manager,it shows as access is denied....