Windows 10: How to stop apps from moving from one monitor to another upon monitors

Discus and support How to stop apps from moving from one monitor to another upon monitors in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have two monitors. One uses dual DVI cable and one uses DisplayPort. When the monitors wake up after a sleep, the apps on the DVI monitor move to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by THenrich, Aug 14, 2015.

1. THenrich Win User

How to stop apps from moving from one monitor to another upon monitors

I have two monitors. One uses dual DVI cable and one uses DisplayPort. When the monitors wake up after a sleep, the apps on the DVI monitor move to the DisplayPort monitor. This probably has to do with the difference when Windows senses which monitor is active first.

Is there a way to stop the apps from moving? Is there a tool which restores the apps positions after a wake up?

:)

THenrich, Aug 14, 2015

2. Window pane jumping to another monitor

I have multiple monitors, and when I type a number one to four in an open pane, the app jumps to that corresponding monitor. I cannot seem to find the setting that moves the open pane to another monitor. How can I stop the pane jumping to another monitor?

Thanks

Tommy Lewis FFG, Aug 14, 2015
  3. transfer between two monitors

... ?

You mean you are just trying to move the PDF file around the active desktop of a single machine? If so, dragging it from one "monitor" to another "monitor" is no different than dragging it from one spot seen on "Monitor 1" to another spot seen on "Monitor
    1".

I am guessing you mean you left-click and HOLD the button down on the PDF file on the desktop screen (say monitor 1) and try to move it (by moving the pointer on the screen) someplace else...?

Shenan Stanley, Aug 14, 2015
  4. How to stop apps from moving from one monitor to another upon monitors

Try this link!

teachermark, Aug 14, 2015
  5. THenrich Win User
    thanks but that didn't help.

THenrich, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

How to stop apps from moving from one monitor to another upon monitors

1. How to stop apps from moving from one monitor to another upon monitors - Similar Threads - stop apps moving

2. Move app from non existent monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Move app from non existent monitor: Last time I used an app, I had 2nd monitor plugged into laptop. Used app on 2nd monitor and closed it. Not at home and open app on laptop without 2nd monitor. App shows up in task bar but not on desktop. How do I get it to move back to the laptop. When I get back...
  3. Moving SSD from one PC to another

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Moving SSD from one PC to another: I have 2 laptops of different brands with completely different hardware, both with Windows 10 Home. The first laptop had a 250GB SSD, and the second had a 1TB HDD. I upgraded the first laptop to a 500GB SSD, and put the 250GB SSD in the second instead of the 1TB HDD. So the...
  4. icons move from one computer to another

in Windows 10 Support
    icons move from one computer to another: Hi guys, When I boot my laptop I get the icons from my desktop/tower computer on my laptop desktop. I delete them but on the next boot they come back. I think it's due to onedrive. I thought it had to do with syncing so I turned it off but still the same thing. I googled the...
  5. how to prevent open windows on 2nd monitor from moving to 1st monitor

in Windows 10 Support
    how to prevent open windows on 2nd monitor from moving to 1st monitor: Running Windows 10 and two monitors, when I shut my monitors off and come back and turn the monitors back on, all of my open windows move over to the left monitor. Is there a way to prevent this from happening? 137555
  6. Moving pictures from one folder to another

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Moving pictures from one folder to another: How do you open 2 folders side by side so you can drag and drop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/moving-pictures-from-one-folder-to-another/2ea83dc2-e384-4573-90fa-cc81f140d97a"
  7. App/addon/extension to send apps from one monitor to another?

in Windows 10 Support
    App/addon/extension to send apps from one monitor to another?: [img] Task View should have these options but currently it's for virtual desktops only. I wonder if there's some app that can quickly send apps from one monitor to another? Context-menu right click -> choose option? I'm aware of keyboard shortcut win + shift + <- and win +...
  8. Taskbar and windows move to primary monitor upon wake from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar and windows move to primary monitor upon wake from sleep: I have three Acer monitors, all at the same resolution. My middle monitor is designated as the primary monitor. My middle and left monitors are connected with DisplayPort and my right monitor is connected by DVI-D. All through a Gigabyte GTX 1080Ti I have my taskbar and many...
  9. Can't disable docking of window dragged from one monitor to another

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't disable docking of window dragged from one monitor to another: I've already disabled the "Snap" feature in Settings => System => Multi-tasking. This turns off docking *within* a single monitor, but does nothing to disable docking of windows dragged from one monitor to another. EVERY time I drag a window from one monitor to another, it...
  10. How to move a metro app from one PC to another?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to move a metro app from one PC to another?: Hi, I'm trying to move a metro app from my old Windows 8.1 PC to my new Windows 10 PC. Before you say 'Just re-download it' I should point out that, for some reason, MS have not only pulled it from the store but it also doesn't appear on my list of apps that are available...