Windows 10: How to stop apps from moving from one monitor to another upon monitors

Discus and support How to stop apps from moving from one monitor to another upon monitors in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have two monitors. One uses dual DVI cable and one uses DisplayPort. When the monitors wake up after a sleep, the apps on the DVI monitor move to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by THenrich, Aug 14, 2015.

1. THenrich Win User

How to stop apps from moving from one monitor to another upon monitors

I have two monitors. One uses dual DVI cable and one uses DisplayPort. When the monitors wake up after a sleep, the apps on the DVI monitor move to the DisplayPort monitor. This probably has to do with the difference when Windows senses which monitor is active first.

Is there a way to stop the apps from moving? Is there a tool which restores the apps positions after a wake up?

:)

THenrich, Aug 14, 2015

2. Window pane jumping to another monitor

I have multiple monitors, and when I type a number one to four in an open pane, the app jumps to that corresponding monitor. I cannot seem to find the setting that moves the open pane to another monitor. How can I stop the pane jumping to another monitor?

Thanks

Tommy Lewis FFG, Aug 14, 2015
  3. transfer between two monitors

... ?

You mean you are just trying to move the PDF file around the active desktop of a single machine? If so, dragging it from one "monitor" to another "monitor" is no different than dragging it from one spot seen on "Monitor 1" to another spot seen on "Monitor
    1".

I am guessing you mean you left-click and HOLD the button down on the PDF file on the desktop screen (say monitor 1) and try to move it (by moving the pointer on the screen) someplace else...?

Shenan Stanley, Aug 14, 2015
  4. How to stop apps from moving from one monitor to another upon monitors

Try this link!

teachermark, Aug 14, 2015
  5. THenrich Win User
    thanks but that didn't help.

THenrich, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

How to stop apps from moving from one monitor to another upon monitors

1. How to stop apps from moving from one monitor to another upon monitors - Similar Threads - stop apps moving

2. Dual monitor, mouse movement, block mouse in from moving from one screen to another in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual monitor, mouse movement, block mouse in from moving from one screen to another in...: Hello. Currently, I am using a laptop 17 inches, horizontal, of course and a second monitor 21 inches, vertical. My question is whether it is possible to block the mouse from transitioning from the vertical monitor to the laptop desktop if it involves a "jump" in the vertical...
  3. Dual monitor, mouse movement, block mouse in from moving from one screen to another in...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dual monitor, mouse movement, block mouse in from moving from one screen to another in...: Hello. Currently, I am using a laptop 17 inches, horizontal, of course and a second monitor 21 inches, vertical. My question is whether it is possible to block the mouse from transitioning from the vertical monitor to the laptop desktop if it involves a "jump" in the vertical...
  4. All my windows move from one monitor to another. Why is this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All my windows move from one monitor to another. Why is this?: Hi, I have a dual monitor setup. One is 27inch 1440p and the other one is 24 1080p. Every time I'm done using my pc I use Windows+L then sleep mode. When I power it back on it moves everything onto the 27inch. Is this normal when I power it I have to type my passcode to log...
  5. All my windows move from one monitor to another. Why is this?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All my windows move from one monitor to another. Why is this?: Hi, I have a dual monitor setup. One is 27inch 1440p and the other one is 24 1080p. Every time I'm done using my pc I use Windows+L then sleep mode. When I power it back on it moves everything onto the 27inch. Is this normal when I power it I have to type my passcode to log...
  6. All my windows move from one monitor to another. Why is this?

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. BSOD when moving a program from one monitor that's connected to the GPU to another monitor...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BSOD when moving a program from one monitor that's connected to the GPU to another monitor...: Hello, I keep on having BSOD's when I move a product that's mostly GPU intensive Autodesk Autocad, Autodesk Revit to another monitor especially now that the latest version of Revit allows another viewport to be moved to another monitor . Even the EPIC Games launcher desktop...
  8. Issue dragging from one monitor to another

in Windows 10 Support
    Issue dragging from one monitor to another: I am using the latest version of Windows 10 with the latest version of Chrome as my browser. This is an issue that only started today or at least I only noticed it today. I can drag google chrome tabs from one monitor to another but certain other things I can not. For...
  9. How to move an app from a user to another one

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to move an app from a user to another one: Hi, I created a new user for me on the same laptop my mom uses. I play Township (a game app) on her user and I want to transfer it to my personal user. Any idea how to do it? submitted by /u/Retrograde-Motion [link] [comments]...
  10. App/addon/extension to send apps from one monitor to another?

in Windows 10 Support
    App/addon/extension to send apps from one monitor to another?: [img] Task View should have these options but currently it's for virtual desktops only. I wonder if there's some app that can quickly send apps from one monitor to another? Context-menu right click -> choose option? I'm aware of keyboard shortcut win + shift + <- and win +...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. stop apps moving on additional monitors