Windows 10: How to stop autmatic installation of Language options.

Discus and support How to stop autmatic installation of Language options. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Situation For various reasons, we use a third-party patch management tool to install patches. We look forward to the future of peer-to-peer Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Markus_22, Dec 16, 2020.

1. Markus_22 Win User

How to stop autmatic installation of Language options.

Situation

For various reasons, we use a third-party patch management tool to install patches. We look forward to the future of peer-to-peer Windows updates.
    Recently we enabled UAC to increase security.
    But now all users with local administrator rights get a UAC popup when they start their computer.
    UAC: Optional Features, Publisher: Microsoft Windows, CLSID: {C6B167EA-DB3E-4659-BADC-D1CCC00EFE9C}

Problem/cause

The cause for this popup seems to be:

We have different language packages installed English, German, French.

But while in English all options are installed Display-Language, Text-to-speech, Handwriting, Speech recognition, Typing, in German and French only "Display-Language" and "Handwriting" are installed.
    It seems that Windows is trying to change this. And starts a download, causing the uac to pop up.
    Since we have Computer\HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-18\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\WindowsUpdate disabled, it cannot do its download and terminates.
    And will try again in the future => new uac popup => user closes it => repeat.

Question

Is their an option to block/stop this automatic optional language install, so that the popup won't repeatetly show up?
    To weaken uac shouldn't be an option.

Installing the language options would neither be the desired solution.

Looking forward to your suggestions & remarks, thank you!

:)

Markus_22, Dec 16, 2020
  2. Rose Ter Win User

Cortana Language: No option for English - United States

Hi Randy,

There are few languages that Windows 10 has pre-installed in the system itself. We suggest that you check these languages and locate the language that you want to install. Follow these steps below to locate the language:

• Click on the Start Menu, locate and select Settings.
    • Click on Time and Language.
    • Locate and select Region and Language.
    • Click on Add a Language.
    If you cannot find the language, you can download a language pack for Windows 10 on this link:

Language packs

Let us know how it goes.

Rose Ter, Dec 16, 2020
  3. avi12641 Win User
    Prevent language from automatically being changed

• Since Keyla has stopped working.
    • Two.
    • When I test if the language stays after switching between programs - I switch to a different program, then switch the language, then switch to the previous program.
    The steps you suggested didn't work, as I don't want to remove any of the languages.

avi12641, Dec 16, 2020
  4. How to stop autmatic installation of Language options.

No Features to Install Under Optional Features?

Hello,

Since you are facing issue in installing optional Japanese language pack, I suggest you to install the language pack by following the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1:

• Press Windows + I keys on the keyboard to open Settings menu.

• Click on Time and language in settings window.

• Click on Region and language from left navigation pane.

• Click on Add a language (+ symbol)

• Select Japanese language pack.

• Now, click on Japanese language pack
      and click on Set a default button under the
      Region and language from left navigation pane.
    Step 2:

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard, select
      Control panel.

• Type Language in the search bar located at the top right corner of Control panel and click on language.

• Click on the Japanese language pack
      on the Language window.

• Click on Download and install language pack button under
      Japanese language pack.

• Enter the administrator password if prompted.

• Click on Save button.
    Hope this helps. Please do let us know if you need any further assistance.

ThofikhAhamad, Dec 16, 2020
Thema:

How to stop autmatic installation of Language options.

1. How to stop autmatic installation of Language options. - Similar Threads - stop autmatic installation

2. How can I stop the automatic installation of language pack options

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I stop the automatic installation of language pack options: Situation For various reasons, we use a third-party patch management tool to install patches. We look forward to the future of peer-to-peer Windows updates. Recently we enabled UAC to increase security. But now all users with local administrator rights get a UAC popup when...
  3. Unable to Install a Language Option

Unable to Install a Language Option: Hi I have installed Indic font and use Windows+Spacebar to regularly switch languages in various applications. Now I see one extra option under US Keyboard Kannada How do I get rid of that. the marked one in the picture [ATTACH]...
  4. Language Option

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Language Option: I have three preferred languages on my Windows 10 system, i.e. English South Africa, English United States and Afrikaans in that order. I would like my calendar and maybe some other apps to be in Afrikaans, and everything else in English. Is there some setting somewhere that...
  5. Windows10 language option installation problem

Windows10 language option installation problem: Cortana https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows10-language-option-installation-problem/e0774a04-dc0b-4472-aeba-7f8a34c857e7
  6. How do I download a language pack? There's no option to install a language pack.

How do I download a language pack? There's no option to install a language pack.: There's no option to download a language pack. How do I download it if there's no option to download it in the first place? The language I'm trying to download is Spanish, but there's no download "language pack" option [ATTACH] See there's no option to download a language...
  7. No option to set display language once language pack is installed?

in Windows 10 Support
    No option to set display language once language pack is installed?: Hey guys We had devices that were imaged using the US version of the ISO. I have since installed the GB-en language pack from the VL site for 1809, however once installed, it does not give me the option to set the display language to GB English? Even after a reboot? [img]...
  8. Language options

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Language options: I often need to switch quickly between UK English and two other languages, for which I use the Windows key and space bar. US English keeps reappearing, even though I've removed it. This means I have to click through two English options to get to the other languages, which is...
  9. Downloading Language Options Keeps Stopping/Failing

in Windows 10 Support
    Downloading Language Options Keeps Stopping/Failing: I am unable to download from Language Options (a mere 33MB of Handwriting). It keeps stopping/failing without any error code. My connection is NOT set to Metered. Any ideas? 121098
  10. Can't install language option.

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't install language option.: [img] "Something happens and we couldn't install a feature" message appears after clicking on any button of the Language Option. 95853