Windows 10: how to stop auto adding shortcut on one device.

Discus and support how to stop auto adding shortcut on one device. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have two devices: a desktop and a surface. The two devices serve separate functions. I do not want whatever is in the desktop in the surface and vice... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by -.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-, Jan 16, 2022.

1. how to stop auto adding shortcut on one device.

I have two devices: a desktop and a surface. The two devices serve separate functions. I do not want whatever is in the desktop in the surface and vice versa. However, whenever I add a shortcut on the desktop, it is also added on the surface. When I delete it from the surface, it is also deleted from the desktop. How do I stop this from happening? Please help.

:)

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-, Jan 16, 2022
  2. keakar Win User

ad blocker doesnt run for my website shortcuts

first off, im using IE11, yes I know boo hiss its the devil, its too unsafe, but anyway....

I have adblocker and I cant find any reports on this issue but if I open the browser with the browser link adblock runs and its protected, but lets say I have a desktop shortcut to go to my email or here, well when you use a desktop shortcut to the websites, the browser opens without adblock running. I confirmed this in task manager that it is indeed still off and not a running process. I also noted that adblock is not listed in the services list but im not sure if it should be or not.

so any help or advice on this would be great, I use desktop shortcuts for stuff and this means adblocker isn't running for nearly half of my online activities, maybe more. if it cant run anytime the browser is open then why have it, I see nothing in the way of settings or preferences options except a website block list or allow ads for this site.

keakar, Jan 16, 2022
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jan 16, 2022
  4. Bree Win User

how to stop auto adding shortcut on one device.

How to stop a program from adding a Quick access shortcut?

The rationale is that Quick Access shows a list of all recently accessed folders just in case you'd find it useful. Your Google drive appears because you recently accessed it, as will other folders as you visit them.

Only by unticking 'show frequently used folders in Quick access', but that will turn it off for all folders, not just your Google drive.

how to stop auto adding shortcut on one device. [​IMG]

Thema:

how to stop auto adding shortcut on one device.

1. how to stop auto adding shortcut on one device. - Similar Threads - stop auto adding

2. how to stop one drive from auto uploading

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to stop one drive from auto uploading: one drive was not auto uploading everthing b4 i reinstalled clean install win 10, but right after reinstallation it started forced uploading of files, how do i stop one drive to do so, i want one drive to be active in task bar so i may uploadany necessary file, but do not...
  3. how to stop one drive from auto uploading

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to stop one drive from auto uploading: one drive was not auto uploading everthing b4 i reinstalled clean install win 10, but right after reinstallation it started forced uploading of files, how do i stop one drive to do so, i want one drive to be active in task bar so i may uploadany necessary file, but do not...
  4. how to stop one drive from auto uploading

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. how to stop auto adding shortcut on one device.

how to stop auto adding shortcut on one device.: I have two devices: a desktop and a surface. The two devices serve separate functions. I do not want whatever is in the desktop in the surface and vice versa. However, whenever I add a shortcut on the desktop, it is also added on the surface. When I delete it from the...
  6. To remove auto added "New Edge" shortcut from desktop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    To remove auto added "New Edge" shortcut from desktop: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/xgizmobratx [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hlps6b/to_remove_auto_added_new_edge_shortcut_from/
  7. How to stop ads in notifications

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to stop ads in notifications: Stop ads in notifictions https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-stop-ads-in-notifications/91ac3133-0211-485d-8feb-90793a92f135"
  8. How to stop a program from adding a Quick access shortcut?

How to stop a program from adding a Quick access shortcut?: Hi! I use Google Drive File Stream to access my Google Drive content locally. GDFS mounts a cloud drive, assigning it a letter (G: in my case). If you open that, you find a single entry "My Drive". As such, I have a Quick access shortcut to this "My Drive folder". GDFS...
  9. How to stop a program from adding a Quick access shortcut?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to stop a program from adding a Quick access shortcut?: Hi! I use Google Drive File Stream to access my Google Drive content locally. GDFS mounts a cloud drive, assigning it a letter (G: in my case). If you open that, you find a single entry "My Drive". As such, I have a Quick access shortcut to this "My Drive folder". GDFS...
  10. How to Disable auto Shortcut Creation

in Windows 10 Support
    How to Disable auto Shortcut Creation: Windows is creating shortcuts on my desktop to removable drives. I deleted them several times but it keeps recreating this shortcuts. I looked a bit on google and have seen that some programs are able to create shortcuts to removable drives on your deskop automatically but I...