Windows 10: How to stop auto expanding in Libraries?

Discus and support How to stop auto expanding in Libraries? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I've seen this question asked many many times, USUALLY in relation to dragging/dropping files in Explorer.I'm on Windows 10 Home, and my "libraries"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Anonymous11847, Aug 7, 2022.

1. How to stop auto expanding in Libraries?

I've seen this question asked many many times, USUALLY in relation to dragging/dropping files in Explorer.I'm on Windows 10 Home, and my "libraries" Quick Access, Dropbox, Onedrive, This PC, Network auto-expand EVERY time I open Explorer. It's cumbersome and annoying to have to scroll through a long list of folders in irrelevant libraries to get to the one I want. I would like all of my libraries/folders to AUTO-COLLAPSE every time I open Explorer. Is this possible?I have turned off the "Expand to current folder" toggle already.

:)

Anonymous11847, Aug 7, 2022

2. How to stop auto expanding in Libraries

Hi Martin,

One of the possible reason why the folders in your libraries are automatically expanding is due to the settings within the File Explorer. To disable the automatically expanding of the folders on your library, follow these steps:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Click on View tab.
    • Select the Navigation Pane.
    • Click on Expand to open folder.
      How to stop auto expanding in Libraries? cc50748f-700e-4807-82f4-77cbc041a51f.png

Should you have other concerns, don't hesitate to reply on this thread.

Darleen Pen, Aug 7, 2022
  3. How to stop auto expanding in Libraries

I'm trying to use Libraries to sort a massive amount of files to their proper folders. However every time I add a file to a folder it automatically expands, which then I have to scroll up and collapse it before I can continue to sort. This is very annoying
    and makes sorting very tedious. How do I turn this off, so that it only expands when I click it?

MartinSpeed, Aug 7, 2022
  4. Johan45 Win User

How to stop auto expanding in Libraries?

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Aug 7, 2022
Thema:

How to stop auto expanding in Libraries?

1. How to stop auto expanding in Libraries? - Similar Threads - stop auto expanding

2. Auto-expanding in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Auto-expanding in File Explorer: Windows 11 Pro x64 v10.0.22621.755.My File Explorer for some odd reason has started opening every folder as soon as I click on one of my drives. Used to be that when I did that clicked on the drive name, not the + sign next to it, it would show the folder list in the...
  3. Auto-expanding in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Auto-expanding in File Explorer: Windows 11 Pro x64 v10.0.22621.755.My File Explorer for some odd reason has started opening every folder as soon as I click on one of my drives. Used to be that when I did that clicked on the drive name, not the + sign next to it, it would show the folder list in the...
  4. How to stop auto expanding in Libraries?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to stop auto expanding in Libraries?: I've seen this question asked many many times, USUALLY in relation to dragging/dropping files in Explorer.I'm on Windows 10 Home, and my "libraries" Quick Access, Dropbox, Onedrive, This PC, Network auto-expand EVERY time I open Explorer. It's cumbersome and annoying to have...
  5. How to stop auto expanding in Libraries?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop auto expanding in Libraries?: I've seen this question asked many many times, USUALLY in relation to dragging/dropping files in Explorer.I'm on Windows 10 Home, and my "libraries" Quick Access, Dropbox, Onedrive, This PC, Network auto-expand EVERY time I open Explorer. It's cumbersome and annoying to have...
  6. How to disable start menu auto expand on hover?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to disable start menu auto expand on hover?: It is incredibly annoying that it jumps back and forth and it does right at the moment when I usually click on it. I tried this but it's not working: https://winaero.com/blog/disable-start-menu-auto-expand-on-mouse-over-in-windows-10/...
  7. How to disable start menu auto expand on hover?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to disable start menu auto expand on hover?: I tried this but it's not working: https://winaero.com/blog/disable-start-menu-auto-expand-on-mouse-over-in-windows-10/ Windows 10 Pro build 19041.508 Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.31.0 submitted by /u/szqk [link] [comments]...
  8. How to turn off START MENU AUTO EXPAND?

How to turn off START MENU AUTO EXPAND?: I am referring to the way in which you hover your mouse pointer over something like the power icon, and it automatically expands outward. I am well aware of the mach2 program that does it. Problem is, it is only a temporary solution. The auto expand will turn itself back...
  9. start menu auto expand.

in Windows 10 Support
    start menu auto expand.: Does any one know how to enable the new start menu auto-expand side icons? link to feature article: https://www.windowslatest.com/2018/1...ane-behaviour/ thanx in advance! 131510
  10. How to enable start menu auto-expand?

How to enable start menu auto-expand?: Does any one know how to enable the new start menu auto-expand side icons? link to feature article: https://www.windowslatest.com/2018/11/15/windows-10-19h1-to-change-start-menus-navigation-pane-behaviour/ thanx in advance!...