Windows 10: How to stop auto play videos on websites in Edge

Discus and support How to stop auto play videos on websites in Edge in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I just purchased a Lenovo laptop with Windows 10 and Edge. I was under the impression that I could easily stop the annoying auto play videos on... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by StevenBN, Jun 2, 2019.

1. StevenBN Win User

How to stop auto play videos on websites in Edge

I just purchased a Lenovo laptop with Windows 10 and Edge. I was under the impression that I could easily stop the annoying auto play videos on websites but I cannot figure out how to do so.

I've seen posts about Internet Explorer and Active X but that doesn't seem to apply to Edge.

:)

StevenBN, Jun 2, 2019
  2. Edwin Win User

Stop videos from auto playing in FireFox

How to stop auto play videos on websites in Edge [​IMG]

Edwin, Jun 2, 2019
  3. Stop videos from auto playing in FireFox

It seems with every upgrade of FireFox, I have to find a new way of stopping videos from auto-playing in websites. Does anyone know how to stop them on this version:

How to stop auto play videos on websites in Edge [​IMG]

EyeInTheSky, Jun 2, 2019
  4. How to stop auto play videos on websites in Edge

videos auto playing in "Edge"

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

I suggest you to clear the cache and cookies from Microsoft Edge and check.

Follow the steps to clear the cache and cookies from Microsoft Edge.

• Open Microsoft Edge.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Under Clear browsing data, click on Choose what to clear.
    • Select the options and click on Clear button.

If the issue still persist, you may also turn off the Adobe Flash player, which is integrated in Microsoft Edge.

• Open Microsoft Edge.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Click on view advance settings option.
    • Turn off use Adobe Flash player.

Hope it helps. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further information, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Jun 2, 2019
Thema:

How to stop auto play videos on websites in Edge

1. How to stop auto play videos on websites in Edge - Similar Threads - stop auto play

2. Edge not stopping videos automatically playing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Edge not stopping videos automatically playing: I have the latest Edge and am presently excited about it not stopping videos from automatically playing. Yes, I have set it to Block and once in a while that will stop videos from playing but 99% of the time, it does not. Obviously from what I'm gathering, there is no way...
  3. Stop Microsoft auto login to website

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Stop Microsoft auto login to website: Hi. I went to a website using my Chrome browser. The website gave me the option to sign in using a button for google, a button for Microsoft, or email. In a hurry, I clicked the Microsoft button. I used my credentials and before I could do anything, my 8-year-old clicked...
  4. Videos are not playing on certain websites

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Videos are not playing on certain websites: Hello, Since yesterday I've been unable to load some videos on some websites. You Tube works as does videos on Facebook. I have cleared the cache and cookies and under Device Manager have updated the driver on my Intel(R) UHD Graphics 620. Restarted as advised but still the...
  5. amazon prime video stopped playing in microsoft edge

amazon prime video stopped playing in microsoft edge: Amazon prime video always played fine using Edge browser till a couple days ago. Now it won't even allow me to click on a selection, or sometime it does it takes minutes to load, or times out with code 7017. I have google fiber gigabyte service so I have plenty of bandwidth....
  6. Videos will not play on OneDrive website

Videos will not play on OneDrive website: I am unable to play the videos on OneDrive website because they occasionally stop playing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/videos-will-not-play-on-onedrive-website/4f2ae82e-27f5-4b0d-8f9f-351e46f949d0
  7. Unable to play Videos in OneDrive website

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to play Videos in OneDrive website: Hello- I have been emailing the support for over a month sending HAR files along with anything else asked of me, My videos all of a sudden stopped playing in the APP on my devices along with not playing in the Onedrive website. I cannot get a response for the last two...
  8. Stop videos from auto playing in FireFox

in Browsers and Email
    Stop videos from auto playing in FireFox: It seems with every upgrade of FireFox, I have to find a new way of stopping videos from auto-playing in websites. Does anyone know how to stop them on this version: [img] 128337
  9. Videos on websites dont play, and in they do the sound stops

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Videos on websites dont play, and in they do the sound stops: When i tried playing videos on youtube, the video wouldn't buffer, and on the rare occasion (after reloading many time) they did, the sound would stop working. When i turned sound on, the video then stopped. Any Ideas? I was using Edge...
  10. How to stop Videos from Auto-playing in Microsoft Edge browser

in Windows 10 News
    How to stop Videos from Auto-playing in Microsoft Edge browser: [ATTACH] Microsoft Windows 10 v1809 has added options that let you allow or disable video autoplay in Microsoft Edge. You can stop them from playing on all websites you open on Microsoft Edge, or you can allow/stop them from playing on [...] This post How to stop Videos from...