Windows 10: How to stop auto turn off hard disk spining?

Discus and support How to stop auto turn off hard disk spining? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, My secondary hard disk which is an hard disk not SSD it stops spinning automatically after about a minute ... a sound is heard from it as when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DinIulian, May 29, 2020.

1. DinIulian Win User

How to stop auto turn off hard disk spining?

Hello,

My secondary hard disk which is an hard disk not SSD it stops spinning automatically after about a minute ... a sound is heard from it as when I turned off

I want to stop this feature in windows 10 !

Every time when I access a file from it, it takes about 1-2 seconds to start a sound is heard that starts rotating the discs

It is very annoying because sometimes it blocks cursive application functionality...

Even if I set to 0 "Turn off Hard disk" in "Power option", nothing happens..., also I tried to set at 60 minutes or something, but the result is same, hard disk stop running after about one minute...

I want the hard drive to run continuously, without stopping!

Thanks in advance!

Silviu

:)

DinIulian, May 29, 2020

2. external hard disk problem

my hard disk is spining but light is not blinking and it also undetectable on my computer. what is the probable solution?

parthakhatua, May 29, 2020
  3. External Hard disk contents are not visible.

Hi Pranoti,

For us to narrow down your concern with your external hard disk, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Do you hear any clicking sound when connecting your hard disk?

In the meantime, we suggest that you update all your device driver.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, May 29, 2020
  4. mrclose Win User

Turning Off Hard Disk

If I set my power options to:
    Turn off Hard Disk
    (after x amount of minutes)

Turn off Moniter
    (also after so many minutes)

What is the difference between that and setting the pc to sleep mode?

I ask because a number of times, coming out of sleep ... it doesn't!

The HD will click and then nothing!
    Takes a hard shutdown and reboot to get running again!

Believe me, I've done every work-a-round, (for the last six months) and tried every suggestion in trying to fix this headache and nothing has worked!

Searching, this appears to be a problem with Windows 10 that a lot of folks have been having.
    Some have solved the problem while others have not.

Seems that no one solution is a fix for everyone.

I've disabled hybrid and hibernate using only sleep.
    Re-enabled hibernate with sleep disabled ... but the problem still exists!

And yes, I've run every chk disk and troubleshooter that I can find and ... nothing!

I figure that allowing the disk to go into idle and having the monitor shut down is the only step that I have left?

My concern is .. I don't want to shut down the pc every time I have something else that I need to do but ... I also don't want to risk something like a cooling fan going bad and my hard disk burning up when I'm not around!

Thanks in advance everyone!!

This is a snapshot of my system ...

How to stop auto turn off hard disk spining? SYSTEM-SPECS.jpg

mrclose, May 29, 2020
Thema:

1. How to stop auto turn off hard disk spining? - Similar Threads - stop auto turn

2. How to disable "Turn off hard disk" in power options?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to disable "Turn off hard disk" in power options?: My laptop has a problem where after it goes to sleep it can't be turned on again. I suspect my SSD (Samsung 850 Evo) can't wake up from sleep if it's turned off.. I went to power options and saw the following: [img] Is there a way to disable this? I think this is why I...
  3. How to turn off monitor auto detection?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to turn off monitor auto detection?: As in, when turning a monitor off, the computer doesn't automatically notice that and change things. submitted by /u/lemonvan [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jxlrff/how_to_turn_off_monitor_auto_detection/
  4. How to turn off auto sound leveling?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to turn off auto sound leveling?: I like to play games while listening to music, but for some reason, every time that a loud sound is played (gunshot, dialogue, jump, death, etc.) all of my audio is brought to almost zero, then slowly fades back to how I set it. I'm assuming that this is some sort of sound...
  5. Auto turn off network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Auto turn off network: Hi please help me why auto turn off my wifi My windows is update and all drivers but auto torn off wifi or when run steam and start the game my wifi is auto run off and my ping is time out...
  6. Screen auto turn off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Screen auto turn off: Hello. I have just upgraded to Windows 10 and am having trouble with my screens powering off. They with turn off at the specified time but then will come right back on. Has anyone else had that problem?...
  7. Turn off auto scroll

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Turn off auto scroll: How do I turn off auto scroll on my HP laptop running windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-off-auto-scroll/b414d54b-d266-4497-a9f2-e0f4432dfc8b
  8. Turning Off Hard Disk

Turning Off Hard Disk: If I set my power options to: Turn off Hard Disk (after x amount of minutes) Turn off Moniter (also after so many minutes) What is the difference between that and setting the pc to sleep mode? I ask because a number of times, coming out of sleep ... it doesn't! The HD...
  9. how to turn off auto updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how to turn off auto updates: i do not wish to upgrade my laptop every week because i have minimal space for it and quite frankly do not want to automatically do it is there a way to turn off the automatic updates?...
  10. Turn Off Hard Disk After not working.

Turn Off Hard Disk After not working.: I have a portable USB hdd that is not powering down at idle, a few days ago it was working so not sure what's happened. For testing purposes I have set the Turn Off Hard Disk After to 1 minute. I have tried different USB ports as well. 85377