Windows 10: How to stop autodetected "music" custom folders

Discus and support How to stop autodetected "music" custom folders in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I can open the properties on any folder, and go to the "customize" tab and "optimize" it, whatever that thinks it means.. And it does nothing. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Malkere, Aug 14, 2015.

1. Malkere Win User

How to stop autodetected "music" custom folders

I can open the properties on any folder, and go to the "customize" tab and "optimize" it, whatever that thinks it means..

And it does nothing.

I really don't like how windows tries to auto-read mp3 tags when most of my mp3s have no tags. I want the details view (which I use almost everywhere) to display, name, size, and date.

How can I stop 10 from trying to show me empty track numbers, and empty album names without going through hundreds of folder manually? The "apply to all sub-folders" does not work, even applying to the folder in question doesn't work. It leaves the column as "music" when I want them to be like "document".

In summary, the Customize "optimize for" selection seems to have no function...?*sarc

:)

Malkere, Aug 14, 2015
  2. 93tid Win User

How to fix " Unknown Artist " ?

My favourite is MP3Tag, google it.

93tid, Aug 14, 2015
  3. pichs Win User
    How to fix " Unknown Artist " ?

What are third party tag editors?

pichs, Aug 14, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello Malkere, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

This would be "Automatic Folder Type Discovery" causing this. If you like, you can use the .bat file from step 3 of OPTION THREE in the tutorial below to set all folders to the "General Items" template for details view, and stop this.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/7...dows-10-a.html

Brink, Aug 14, 2015
  5. Malkere Win User
    after running the .bat, as auto-discovery still seems active it resets the folder to music when I open it again.

after having them reset though and then going to the parent folder and applying document optimization to them all it's working.

Thank you for the option Brink!

Malkere, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. How to stop autodetected "music" custom folders - Similar Threads - stop autodetected music

2. Music folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Music folders: I tried to download an Video converter and download / in stalled Uni converter. I noted disappointing results. I uninstalled immediately as a Player was also installed, Everywhere all sites have been removed, Now when I open an Video or a Music file I receive following...
  3. Music folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Music folders: I tried to download an Video converter and download / in stalled Uni converter. I noted disappointing results. I uninstalled immediately as a Player was also installed, Everywhere all sites have been removed, Now when I open an Video or a Music file I receive following...
  4. how to change "rdid autodetect/ahci" to "ahci"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how to change "rdid autodetect/ahci" to "ahci": my dell T3500 already installed win10 , but i want to install a redhat for dual boot,so i partition a large driver E in win10, I want to use it for redhat installing, during i installing redhat, dirver E cannot appear in install destination, so i check online, it say i should...
  5. how to change "rdid autodetect/ahci" to "ahci"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to change "rdid autodetect/ahci" to "ahci": my dell T3500 already installed win10 , but i want to install a redhat for dual boot,so i partition a large driver E in win10, I want to use it for redhat installing, during i installing redhat, dirver E cannot appear in install destination, so i check online, it say i should...
  6. how to change "rdid autodetect/ahci" to "ahci"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. How to customize folder thumbnails to fit custom folder icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to customize folder thumbnails to fit custom folder icons: Hello! I have changed icons of my folders to "horizontal type". I want to ask if it's possible to "customize" folder thumbnail to fit my new horizontal icons. (example image below). (My windows version is 20H2) [img] 175981
  8. How to change the Music folder template

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to change the Music folder template: All the solutions on here work to an extent. They do not work if you want "Size all columns to fit" every time you open a Music folder. Can this be made to work on all Music Folders? It is really annoying having to select that option on every Music folder. Pete...
  9. Customize music folder details pane

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Customize music folder details pane: Hello, I've tried to search for ways to customize the info displayed in the Details Pane.This forum and this list they link to seems to do the trick, but the problem is: I don't want to remove anything Windows displays by default, I only want to add one more bit of info...
  10. Autodetecting printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Autodetecting printer: I have network discovery disabled. I have my network printer set up and working as a TCP/IP printer, using it's ip address. Windows 10 randomly "discovers" it as a WSD printer. To circumvent this, I have disabled WSD functionality on my printer... but I am curious if...