Windows 10: How to stop automatic log out after 60 seconds on Windows 10 ?

Discus and support How to stop automatic log out after 60 seconds on Windows 10 ? in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi, I have an issue with the automatic log out. I want it after five or ten minutes, not just 60 secs. I tried: Settings > Personalization >... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by JiriValasek, Jan 29, 2020.

1. How to stop automatic log out after 60 seconds on Windows 10 ?

Hi,

I have an issue with the automatic log out. I want it after five or ten minutes, not just 60 secs.

I tried:

• Settings > Personalization > Lock Screen > Screen Saver Settings
    1. Set screen saver to None
    2. Uncheck "On resume, display logon screen"
    • Settings > System > Power & sleep
    1. Screen: "On battery power, turn off after" -> Never
    2. Screen: "When plugged in, turn off after" -> Never
    3. Sleep: "On battery power, PC goes to sleep after" -> Never
    4. Sleep: "When plugged in, PC goes to sleep after" -> Never
    • Start > "User Account Control Settings"
    1. UAC -> "Notify me only when apps try to make changes to my computer do not dim my desktop"
    • System unattended sleep timeout
    1. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE >SYSTEM >CurrentControlSet >Control >Power >PowerSettings >238C9FA8-0AAD-41ED-83F4-97BE242C8F20 >7bc4a2f9-d8fc-4469-b07b-33eb785aaca0 Attributes1 -> 2
    2. Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Power Options > Edit Plan Settings > Change advanced power settings > Sleep > System unattended sleep timeout > On battery Minutes -> 10
    3. Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Power Options > Edit Plan Settings > Change advanced power settings > Sleep > System unattended sleep timeout > Plugged in Minutes -> 20
    • Console lock display off timeout
    1. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SYSTEM > CurrentControlSet > Control > Power > PowerSettings > 7516b95f-f776-4464-8c53-06167f40cc99 > 8EC4B3A5-6868-48c2-BE75-4F3044BE88A7 Attributes1 -> 2
    2. Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Power Options > Edit Plan Settings > Change advanced power settings > Display > Console lock display off timeout > On battery Minutes -> 5
    3. Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Power Options > Edit Plan Settings > Change advanced power settings > Display > Console lock display off timeout > Plugged in Minutes -> 5
    • Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Power Options > System Settings
    1. "When I press the power button" -> Do nothing, Do nothing
    2. "When I press the sleep button" -> Do nothing, Do nothing
    3. "When I close the lid" -> Do nothing, Do nothing

My windows specs are:

• Edition: Windows 10 Pro
    • Version: 1909
    • OS build 18363.592

My laptop is Thinkpad Yoga 460.

I'll be grateful for any advice, thanks.

:)

JiriValasek, Jan 29, 2020
  2. groze Win User

Is this possible automatic log-in after 60 seconds for a certain user?

Is this possible automatic log-in after 60 seconds for a certain user? We both use a Microsoft account. This person doesn't want to use password to log-in to her account. There are two accounts on this computer.

groze, Jan 29, 2020
  3. my computer from going to log in screen after 60 seconds of being idle in windows 10

my computer goes to log in screen after 60 seconds of being idle in windows 10. I've tried various suggestions, does not go to sleep or hibernate only sign in

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Security & privacy]

SharynEfler, Jan 29, 2020
  4. How to stop automatic log out after 60 seconds on Windows 10 ?

Windows 10 goes to sleep after 60 seconds of inactivity

The above thing did not help. I did not had any problem for months but from the last few days some thing happened automatically. My windows 10 goes to sleep if I am reading an article after about 60 seconds. Their also came some changes in my screen savor
    and the appearance of my desk top.

I have the same problem after downloading windows, Jan 29, 2020
Thema:

How to stop automatic log out after 60 seconds on Windows 10 ?

1. How to stop automatic log out after 60 seconds on Windows 10 ? - Similar Threads - stop automatic log

2. Screen recorders stop after 60 seconds. Can't find the cause

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen recorders stop after 60 seconds. Can't find the cause: Exactly what the title says. I've tried 3 different screen recorders;RecforthScreen recorder for Windows 11OBS studioAll of them stop after 60 seconds for no apparent reason. No errors show up whenever this happens, and it acts as if i've ended the video myself, and it...
  3. Screen recorders stop after 60 seconds. Can't find the cause

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen recorders stop after 60 seconds. Can't find the cause: Exactly what the title says. I've tried 3 different screen recorders;RecforthScreen recorder for Windows 11OBS studioAll of them stop after 60 seconds for no apparent reason. No errors show up whenever this happens, and it acts as if i've ended the video myself, and it...
  4. How to stop display dimming and locking every 60 seconds?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to stop display dimming and locking every 60 seconds?: I have tried using the registry to add every additional setting possible to power options, and it does not look like any of my drivers are at fault. How do I fix?...
  5. How to stop display dimming and locking every 60 seconds?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to stop display dimming and locking every 60 seconds?: I have tried using the registry to add every additional setting possible to power options, and it does not look like any of my drivers are at fault. How do I fix?...
  6. How to stop display dimming and locking every 60 seconds?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Windows 10 Locks after Exactly 60 Seconds

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Locks after Exactly 60 Seconds: Hi Windows 10 Locks after exactly 60 seconds. I have tried the following steps: Set Turn Off display to 10 minutes Set Put computer to sleep in 30 minutes Set Console Lock Time Out to 60 minutes Disabled Hybrid Sleep and Hybernation. Please advise. Thank you....
  8. My children keep forgetting to log out. How to automatically log out after X hours of...

in Windows 10 Customization
    My children keep forgetting to log out. How to automatically log out after X hours of...: I have multiple Windows 10 computers running Windows 10 Home or Windows 10 Pro and I have several children who use these computers. My children sometimes forget to log out of their account when they are done on the computer. I want to automatically log them out if the...
  9. How to stop the screen flickering every 60 seconds

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to stop the screen flickering every 60 seconds: monitor screen flickers every 60 seconds like clockwork. Desktop. It flashes, rather than flickers. It happens when I am on the internet, or on WORD, anytime. The mouse also jumps at that moment - becomes unstable. I have seen something online about drivers and so on,...
  10. Is this possible automatic log-in after 60 seconds for a certain user?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Is this possible automatic log-in after 60 seconds for a certain user?: Is this possible automatic log-in after 60 seconds for a certain user? We both use a Microsoft account. This person doesn't want to use password to log-in to her account. There are two accounts on this computer. 49599