Windows 10: How to stop automatic restarts or shut downs related to Windows Update

Discus and support How to stop automatic restarts or shut downs related to Windows Update in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Is there a way to stop Windows from randomly restarting or shutting down to finish updates? I have several PCs that I need running constantly without... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Liargoff, May 26, 2021.

1. Liargoff Win User

How to stop automatic restarts or shut downs related to Windows Update

Is there a way to stop Windows from randomly restarting or shutting down to finish updates? I have several PCs that I need running constantly without shutting down or restarting and the Windows Update keeps doing that Thanks

:)

Liargoff, May 26, 2021
  2. ilgoldman Win User

Random shut down and restart??

Computer: Intel (R) Pentium (R) Dual cpu
    E220@2.406hz
    2.42 GHZ, 2.00 GB of RAM
    Windows xp

Ever since I replaced the fan (with heat sink) the computer has randomly shut down and then restarted, at first during streaming, and now, will shut down and restart anytime. I tried to replace the graphics card to no avail. *Confused How to stop automatic restarts or shut downs related to Windows Update :confused:*Mad How to stop automatic restarts or shut downs related to Windows Update :mad:

One suggestion was to replace the RAM.

Any suggestions on how to repair my computer?

ilgoldman, May 26, 2021
  3. Windows restarting automatically after shut down

Hello,

One of the possible reasons why your PC is restarting automatically after shut down
    are due to broken components on the boot configuration data of your system.
    To isolate the issue, we suggest that you perform the following steps to trigger
    SafeMode through the Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE) option. To do this, follow the steps below:

• Improper shutdown process
      • Turn on your computer. When the Windows logo is visible, unplug the power source of your computer. Perform this step three times.
      • On the fourth time that you turn on your computer, just simply wait for the
        Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE) window to appear.
    • On the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Settings and click
      Restart.
    • Once your computer restarts, you will see a list of options. Press the
      F4
      key to start your computer in Safe Mode.

We also recommend that you perform a system restore after booting into safe mode.
    This option takes your PC back to an earlier point in time. Restoring won’t affect your personal files, but it will remove apps, drivers, and updates installed after the restore point was made. To do this, follow the steps
    below:

• Right-click the Start button, and then select Control Panel.
    • Search Control Panel for Recovery.
    • Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.
    • Choose the restore point related to the problematic app, driver, or update, and then select Next > Finish.

Let us know if the solution above works for you.

Vanessa Oca, May 26, 2021
  4. How to stop automatic restarts or shut downs related to Windows Update

Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, May 26, 2021
Thema:

How to stop automatic restarts or shut downs related to Windows Update

1. How to stop automatic restarts or shut downs related to Windows Update - Similar Threads - stop automatic restarts

2. How to stop automatic restart for update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop automatic restart for update: Recently I was not using my laptop for a while and when I returned I found it had restarted. In that weird way though where the lock screen changes to the default. When I log in unsaved files had been closed which is stupid. There was no update in Windows update history which...
  3. How to stop automatic restart for update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to stop automatic restart for update: Recently I was not using my laptop for a while and when I returned I found it had restarted. In that weird way though where the lock screen changes to the default. When I log in unsaved files had been closed which is stupid. There was no update in Windows update history which...
  4. Windows restarts on SHUT DOWN and update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows restarts on SHUT DOWN and update: Microsoft what the f are you doing when I click "SHUT DOWN and update" I freakin want my pc to turn off not to restart wait a few seconds type my password and wait again, click shut down, then wait AGAIN another 2~3 minutes to turn off and then to see its off. And the f-in...
  5. Windows restarts on SHUT DOWN and update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows restarts on SHUT DOWN and update: Microsoft what the f are you doing when I click "SHUT DOWN and update" I freakin want my pc to turn off not to restart wait a few seconds type my password and wait again, click shut down, then wait AGAIN another 2~3 minutes to turn off and then to see its off. And the f-in...
  6. Windows restarts on SHUT DOWN and update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Since when did Shut down and Restart stop actually shutting down or restarting the...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Since when did Shut down and Restart stop actually shutting down or restarting the...: Road to hell is paved with good intentions? How thought this was a good idea? If I shut down and reboot, I shouldn't be able to see all the damn applications I had open when I launch it back up. That's not shut down. Sometimes when I boot, something gets borked and I can't...
  8. How to stop windows from automaticly shutting down?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to stop windows from automaticly shutting down?: So I want to keep my computer running 24/7, no updates, no restart, nothing. It keeps on popping up windows restarting in 10 minutes and I use "shutdown -a" but that gets me so far. All my power setting are never going to sleep or turning off. Is there anything I can do for...
  9. Shut down, Restart and other related screens not appearing in Windows

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Shut down, Restart and other related screens not appearing in Windows: My PC shows a blank screen instead of the desired message when shutting down, restarting, logging out, signing in and even in the Windows-Welcome-After-Update experience. I am not sure whether this is a display issue but this has only appeared after a recent update from BUILD...
  10. How to automatically shut down a window

in Windows 10 Support
    How to automatically shut down a window: I use jazzradio.com to play jazz on my PC. I have the basic subscription which, after some period of time, stops the music and prompts me if I want to upgrade to Premium. The prompt has an "X" in the upper right corner of the prompt. Since I don't want to upgrade, I click on...