Windows 10: How to stop Backup Notification

Discus and support How to stop Backup Notification in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; The new downgraded notification centre keeps nagging me about not taking a backup. That's because I use other software to take my backups. How can I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by perdrix, Sep 4, 2015.

1. perdrix Win User

How to stop Backup Notification

The new downgraded notification centre keeps nagging me about not taking a backup. That's because I use other software to take my backups.

How can I turn this particular notification off? I suspect that regedit is likely to be involved which strikes me as a seriously retrograde step (the new Settings thingie is seriously dumbed down compared to the old Control Panel stuff).

Maybe I should look to the Enterprise Edition, as I can't see corporate customers lying down for the retrograde changes.

Dave

:)

perdrix, Sep 4, 2015

2. Screen Notification

I get the following screen notification:

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Runtime Error

Program:..! DataSafe Local
    Backup\Components\DSUpdate\DSUpdate.exe

abnormal program termination

Sometimes in a session I will get 30-40 of these and yet there seems to be no issues with anything I am doing on the computer. I would like to know how to stop getting these notifications.

Thanks

Paul and Nancy Smith, Sep 4, 2015
  3. Zelman H Win User
    system image

Have PC with windows 10 64 bit. Unable to do a system image backup. The process stops with an error notification. "Windows backup encountered an error when writing data to the backup target (0x80070001)" The target is an external HD with more than 300
    GB space

Zelman H, Sep 4, 2015
  4. How to stop Backup Notification

Settings > System > Notifications & actions > Show notifications from these Apps.

alphanumeric, Sep 4, 2015
  5. perdrix Win User
    Err no, that controls the notification area icons in the Task Bar. I'm after stopping the Windows Notification Tool which appears in that Task Bar from telling me that I haven't run a backup.

Dave

perdrix, Sep 4, 2015
  6. Control Panel - System and Security - Security and Maintenance - Change ... - Uncheck Windows Backup.

TairikuOkami, Sep 4, 2015
  7. perdrix Win User
    That was it, many thanks Dave

perdrix, Sep 4, 2015
  8. mrhagerty Win User

Nope. Works for some but not for me. Have done all the above and it KEEPS coming back.

Equip: HP Pavilion i7
    O/S: Windows 10 - latest updates

Mike

mrhagerty, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How to stop Backup Notification - Similar Threads - stop Backup Notification

2. How to stop unwanted Gmail notifications

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop unwanted Gmail notifications: Notifications setting is set OFF for all Gmail notifications yet I constantly receive one asking to all allow Gmail to open email links. I am unable to stop that notification and the Gmail support instruction steps do not make any change at all. Windows 10, 21Hi, Edge...
  3. How to stop unwanted Gmail notifications

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to stop unwanted Gmail notifications: Notifications setting is set OFF for all Gmail notifications yet I constantly receive one asking to all allow Gmail to open email links. I am unable to stop that notification and the Gmail support instruction steps do not make any change at all. Windows 10, 21Hi, Edge...
  4. How to stop Virus & Threat Protection notifications

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to stop Virus & Threat Protection notifications: I'm using the below settings and yet, I'm receiving the notification also seen below every time a full scan has been completed. Even when no threats were found. Not sure if it's a bug or something I missed? I'm on Windows 10 21H1. 180883
  5. How to stop Virus & Threat Protection notifications

in Windows 10 Support
    How to stop Virus & Threat Protection notifications: I'm using the below settings and yet, I'm receiving the notification also seen below every time a full scan has been completed. Even when no threats were found. Not sure if it's a bug or something I missed? I'm on Windows 10 21H1. 180883
  6. How to stop mcAfee notifications

How to stop mcAfee notifications: I have McAfee installed. But I get these notifications. Now I have one asking me for "Time for one quick question" And it wants me to rate it. It is a large box in the bottom right corner which takes up space and covers any work or browsers open. I do not want to answer...
  7. How to stop ads in notifications

How to stop ads in notifications: Stop ads in notifictions https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-stop-ads-in-notifications/91ac3133-0211-485d-8feb-90793a92f135"
  8. Stop notification about notifications!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Stop notification about notifications!: So, a new irony from Microsoft Windows latest version 10 is arriving in Notifications. From time to time, there is a new notification at the task bar which informs us that Notifications are to remain quiet: "Your notifications will remain quiet here in Action Center while...
  9. Stop Notifications

Stop Notifications: [img] How do I stop this notification from popping up every time I restart Windows? I do not want to be notified of anything. 10687
  10. How to Stop Phone Notifications on PC

in Windows 10 Support
    How to Stop Phone Notifications on PC: My first post! Migrated from 7 to 10, and like it, except for the annoying phone notifications popping up on the right side of my PC, taking up a quarter of the screen! Is there any way to disable them, I've tried playing around with the notification settings on my PC, to no...