Windows 10: How to stop battery charging (automatically) Asus F554L - pre 2017 laptop

Discus and support How to stop battery charging (automatically) Asus F554L - pre 2017 laptop in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Is there a way to stop battery charging above 80% or something on older laptops?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by HaoSun, Jan 5, 2019.

1. HaoSun Win User

How to stop battery charging (automatically) Asus F554L - pre 2017 laptop

Is there a way to stop battery charging above 80% or something on older laptops?

:)

HaoSun, Jan 5, 2019
  2. Stark05 Win User

ASUS X550Z Battery Not Detected, Won't Charge

So I've had this laptop for about two years now, and I've noticed that the battery stopped charging. It used to do that thing where it shows "0%, plugged in, charging", but doesn't charge, which started about two months ago, but here in the last week, the battery is no longer detected at all. The battery light itself on the laptop is either steady green, or goes from "off, orange, green, off again", or flashes orange. But the biggest issue is that the moment either the A/C adapter is unplugged from the wall or laptop, it automatically shuts down. ***BEFORE YOU SUGGEST REMOVING THE BATTERY, THE ASUS X550Z DOES NOT HAVE A REMOVABLE BATTERY*** This is the first laptop I've ever owned where the battery, like an iPhone, is built into the bottom and inaccessible without cracking open the case. The simple fact that the battery went from "not charging at all" to "not being detected at all" makes me think the battery was slowly dying, and has now died altogether, especially since the laptop powers off the instant the charger is unplugged. But I wanted to ask a few forums and double check.

Sooooo....how screwed am I?Also, while I'm here, for those about to say that "hold the power button for x seconds" bit, is that whilst powering the laptop off? Or back on? Or does not matter since there's no battery charge whatsoever?Thanks in advance.

Stark05, Jan 5, 2019
  3. simrick Win User
    Battery Not Charging

Not sure about ASUS, but I do know that Dell use a chip in their chargers now, to make sure you use an authentic Dell charger. These chips go bad, and your laptop will stop charging or charge at a very slow rate - so slow, that the only way to get the thing charged is to shut it down and leave it plugged in overnight.

And, batteries going bad, will stop charging.

simrick, Jan 5, 2019
  4. How to stop battery charging (automatically) Asus F554L - pre 2017 laptop

PLUGGED IN NOT CHARGING WINDOWS 10, ASUS LAPTOP

• hi sir/ ladies,

Recently my laptop stopped charging when the battery meter reach 74% (before it was 94% then it become 84% next is 81% and finally 74%), can anyone tell me how to fix it. i try different solution in internet such as STEP 1: device manager STEP 2: Battery STEP
      3: Uninstall 2nd option in battery STEP 4: Scan for hardware changes and so on BUT it also didn't fix the battery issues in my laptop.

thank you, sorry for my bad english.

P

microsoftineedhelp0911, Jan 5, 2019
Thema:

How to stop battery charging (automatically) Asus F554L - pre 2017 laptop

1. How to stop battery charging (automatically) Asus F554L - pre 2017 laptop - Similar Threads - stop battery charging

2. I charge the laptop and when the battery is 79 percent the automatic charging stops. I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I charge the laptop and when the battery is 79 percent the automatic charging stops. I...: I charge the laptop and when the battery is 79 percent the automatic charging stops. I can't charge the laptop until the battery is 100 so what is the problem ?...
  3. I charge the laptop and when the battery is 79 percent the automatic charging stops. I...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I charge the laptop and when the battery is 79 percent the automatic charging stops. I...: I charge the laptop and when the battery is 79 percent the automatic charging stops. I can't charge the laptop until the battery is 100 so what is the problem ?...
  4. my asus laptop battery icon says is not charging while charged

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my asus laptop battery icon says is not charging while charged: my asus laptop battery is malfunctioning. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-asus-laptop-battery-icon-says-is-not-charging/a19aaeb0-5210-4b3c-be75-3b5de6df46d3
  5. Asus Battery Health Charging

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Asus Battery Health Charging: I've had to replace my Laptop's hard drive and installed a new one. I installed a new OS and I can't find Asus Battery Health Charging App which was there when I purchased the Laptop. I understand this comes with a driver issue. Can anybody help me to figure this out?And...
  6. Asus laptop battery stopped charging

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Asus laptop battery stopped charging: Hello I bought a bran new Asus laptop less than a year ago and now it will only work if i have the power cord connected. The battery never takes a charge suddenly. Is there some kind of setting that might have gotten changed? I cant imagine the internal battery is shot...
  7. Battery stops charging.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Battery stops charging.: My battery stops charging at 68% and not charging more than that. What will be the issue. I have tried updating the drivers and runs the power troubleshooter, but still not charging more than 68%. Suggest me a solution please. My laptop - HP Omen 15-ce084TX Thanks....
  8. Laptop Battery Stops Charging at 94%

Laptop Battery Stops Charging at 94%: Hi there! I had some laptop battery problems here. Hoping that someone can help me. My laptop is a Dell Inspiron 15 3000 series with Windows 10, which I bought 3 years ago. It was in the middle of 2019 when I noticed that the battery has issues already. The battery only...
  9. Laptop stops charging automatically

Laptop stops charging automatically: I am using a HP Laptop. From few days, my laptop automatically stops charging even when the AC adapter is connected. After charging up to 50% , the laptop automatically stops charging at some point (no fixed value like 60% or 55% it occurs randomly at any point after 50%) ,...
  10. Battery stops charging

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Battery stops charging: Battery doesn't charge more than 47%, it is plugged in and shows charging sing but it does not exceed 47% even plugged more than 12 hours. I've done the hard reset and still yet nothing happens....