Windows 10: How to stop C Drive fill up?

Discus and support How to stop C Drive fill up? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; C Drive keeps filling up. At this point I don't care for the extra space I just want to stop it from filling up. Anyone actually have a fix instead of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Anthony Bratty, Aug 17, 2022.

1. How to stop C Drive fill up?

C Drive keeps filling up. At this point I don't care for the extra space I just want to stop it from filling up. Anyone actually have a fix instead of just how to free up space?

:)

Anthony Bratty, Aug 17, 2022
  2. Arun B J Win User

C: Drive Admin Share Keeps Enabling

Hi,

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve the issue.

• Are you connected to Domain network?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + R, type fsmgmt.msc.
    • Select Shares and right click on C$.
    • Select Stop Sharing.
    Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Aug 17, 2022
  3. Unallocated Space to C Drive

Thanks

realtravisbrown92, Aug 17, 2022
  4. Arun B J Win User

How to stop C Drive fill up?

C: Drive Admin Share Keeps Enabling

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows +E,

• Right click on C: drive.

• Select Sharing Tab.

• Click on Advanced Sharing.

• Uncheck “Share this folder”.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Aug 17, 2022
Thema:

How to stop C Drive fill up?

1. How to stop C Drive fill up? - Similar Threads - stop Drive fill

2. C: drive filling up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    C: drive filling up: I have a new Surface Go 2 laptop with Windows 11 Home installed. There should be about 120 G storage space on it. My apps are listed in System / Storage as using about 90 GB and I have hardly anything else on the machine - it is all in the cloud. The C drive is sitting at red...
  3. C: drive filling up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    C: drive filling up: I have a new Surface Go 2 laptop with Windows 11 Home installed. There should be about 120 G storage space on it. My apps are listed in System / Storage as using about 90 GB and I have hardly anything else on the machine - it is all in the cloud. The C drive is sitting at red...
  4. How to stop C Drive fill up?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop C Drive fill up?: C Drive keeps filling up. At this point I don't care for the extra space I just want to stop it from filling up. Anyone actually have a fix instead of just how to free up space?...
  5. How to stop C Drive fill up?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to stop C Drive fill up?: C Drive keeps filling up. At this point I don't care for the extra space I just want to stop it from filling up. Anyone actually have a fix instead of just how to free up space?...
  6. C: Drive Filling Up Fast!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    C: Drive Filling Up Fast!: Hi!My laptop's Win 10 OS C: drive fills up very fast. I've tried almost everything like:1 Using cleaning software2 Deleting temp, prefetch and cache files3 Disabling Windows updates4 Allocating more space to C:5 Deleting softwareBut still within a month, or two C: fills up. I...
  7. C drive fills up randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    C drive fills up randomly: so basically, my c drive keeps filling up randomly. it's slow but its obviously gonna eat up all my storage after a few days and idk what to do because it's in small increments so i cant view where it's coming from as it'll only show the biggest folders first :v how can i fix...
  8. C:// Drive Filling Up..

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    C:// Drive Filling Up..: I Have Windows 10 2004 edition, the storage on the C:// Drive has been filling up anonymously and largely, I haven't downloaded anything in the past 15 days, neither updated anything. Do you know whats wrong with it??? submitted by /u/ThatPlex [link] [comments]...
  9. c drive filled up.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    c drive filled up.: Mistery. I have done everthing suggested but it still fills up? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/c-drive-filled-up/44551698-0f97-4f57-be70-eb26615cf199
  10. How to stop C-Drive from filling up so fast?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to stop C-Drive from filling up so fast?: I have 1 TB of storage on my HD D-drive, and only 130 GB on my C-drive. I've changed all the settings I could to have all downloads go to my D-drive to prevent the C-drive from filling up, but it keeps filling up. I bought this computer in hopes that I could use the terabyte...