Windows 10: How to stop certain folders or file types stop syncing to OneDrive?

Discus and support How to stop certain folders or file types stop syncing to OneDrive? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I recently downloaded 3 movies which are 4 GB in total. I have also been backing up other things from my computer, so I have 0.1 GB left in OneDrive. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by David Gordiienko, Aug 19, 2021.

1. How to stop certain folders or file types stop syncing to OneDrive?

I recently downloaded 3 movies which are 4 GB in total. I have also been backing up other things from my computer, so I have 0.1 GB left in OneDrive. I want to know if there is a way to not back up the movies to OneDrive, but still keep them on my PC at all times. I don't want to have them on OneDrive at all, so don't tell me to go into OneDrive settings and deselect those folders, because that makes them still be on OneDrive but disappear from your computer. Unless there's other hidden settings somewhere to fix this. If I can't stop the folder from backing up, maybe there's a way to not back

:)

David Gordiienko, Aug 19, 2021
  2. Taffy078 Win User

OneDrive syncing and I can't stop it

Hi Brink - I recently renewed my Office Home 365 Personal. Previously, OneDrive worked perfectly but now it's a nightmare. It's syncing and I can't stop it - it kept at it for a week earlier & the OneDrive Support Team said it was stuck and told me how to restart it. It's working on 5,000 - odd files but my SuperAntiSpyware checks 13,000-odd.

I've tried everything to stop the blasted thing, including unlinking my PC but all that did was to stop me from opening important folders on my desktop. I thought I'd found the solution myself - I went to Settings>Accounts (which includes sync) then "sync your settings" (it's at the bottom of the list on my PC), then 'turn off sync settings'. It wasn't the solution.
    I know you don't usually like to look at MS Community threads where we've already gone to but if you can, you'll see what's happened. This is just one of probably six or seven on the subject of OneDrivehttps://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/all/have-i-solved-my-onedrive-problems-win-10/6113d0cd-f670-406e-b9aa-0630d90ce6c9

Taffy078, Aug 19, 2021
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Stop OneDrive sync

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you want to stop syncing of OneDrive. I’ll help you with the details.

If you wish to stop syncing on your Windows PC, I would suggest you to refer the steps mentioned in the article

Turn off, disable, or uninstall OneDrive

However, we do have dedicated support team for OneDrive and you can get in touch with them for further assistance. Follow the below steps to contact the OneDrive support team.

Sign in to OneDrive.com from any browser or Open OneDrive App, click the ‘?’ help icon on the top banner of the page and select
    Email OneDrive support. Submit your question and follow the prompts to request support.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Aug 19, 2021
  4. WiIfred P Win User

How to stop certain folders or file types stop syncing to OneDrive?

How do I stop certain folders from syncing to onedrive?

Hi Molly,

This is Wil, one of the independent advisor, an expert with Windows 10 and a fellow Windows 10 user like you.

To stop a certain folder from syncing on OneDrive, you may deselect it on the OneDrive settings.

1. Right-click on the OneDrive icon on the system tray (bottom-right part of the screen).

2. Click on More and click on Settings.

3. Click on the Account tab and click on Choose folders.

4. Uncheck the folder that you don't want to sync on OneDrive, you may expand each folder by clicking the arrow beside it.

You may also refer to this link.
    https://support.office.com/en-us/article/choose...

I hope the information I provided will help you. If you need further assistance please do reply back and I will respond as quickly as possible. Have a nice day.

Thanks,

Wilfred P.

Independent Advisor

How to stop certain folders or file types stop syncing to OneDrive? 704d5dbf-1ff7-4f17-9fa1-c36e865c61fd?upload=true.png

WiIfred P, Aug 19, 2021
Thema:

How to stop certain folders or file types stop syncing to OneDrive?

1. How to stop certain folders or file types stop syncing to OneDrive? - Similar Threads - stop certain folders

2. How to stop syncing folder under ~/Documents with OneDrive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to stop syncing folder under ~/Documents with OneDrive?: I have a folder named ~/Documents/Rockstar Games that I do not want to sync to OneDrive. But when I try to disable syncing of this folder in OneDrive settings, I get a message saying that Documents is being synced and I cannot stop syncing the /Rockstar Games folder. Is there...
  3. How to stop syncing folder under ~/Documents with OneDrive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop syncing folder under ~/Documents with OneDrive?: I have a folder named ~/Documents/Rockstar Games that I do not want to sync to OneDrive. But when I try to disable syncing of this folder in OneDrive settings, I get a message saying that Documents is being synced and I cannot stop syncing the /Rockstar Games folder. Is there...
  4. Stop syncing OneDrive, then select which folders to sync

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Stop syncing OneDrive, then select which folders to sync: I have a new computer, which by default, decided to synch all of my folders 500GB to OneDrive. Quickly OneDrive ran out of space 5GB. So I followed the instructions to decide which folders to synch, and the App told me that no, I cannot do this until ALL the folders had...
  5. How to Stop Syncing onedrive

How to Stop Syncing onedrive: Hello,I would like to know how to stop all onedrive syncing.It will not allow me to uncheck "Documents", "Downloads", "Pictures"I am tired of having to go into one drive to delete things just to have onedrive put them all back.I dont want sync!! I like placing files in...
  6. OneDrive: Can't stop syncing folders - how to stop pointing essential folders to OneDrive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    OneDrive: Can't stop syncing folders - how to stop pointing essential folders to OneDrive: Must have done a mistake while setting up my new PC, because Desktop, Documents and Pictures got linked to OneDrive rather than being local to the PC (all marked with little cloud). Tried unchecking the folders to stop syncing them, but got a message that I couldn't stop...
  7. Stop a file from syncing in OneDrive

Stop a file from syncing in OneDrive: I have a program that requires local files to be stored in the MyDocuments folder of Windows 10. That folder happens to be located in OneDrive and I don't want that folder to sync. When it does try to sync it can't merge changes with the existing folder and it creates a copy...
  8. Keep local copy of files, but stop syncing folder with OneDrive

Keep local copy of files, but stop syncing folder with OneDrive: When I try to unlink a particular folder from OneDrive, it warns me that it will delete all local copies. This is the opposite behavior that I want. I actually want the local copy and do not want that folder stored on OneDrive. Use Case: The 244 GB .tar file that I am...
  9. How do I stop certain folders from syncing to onedrive?

How do I stop certain folders from syncing to onedrive?: I play sims 4 and have downloaded quite a bit of extra content for it. Unfortunately, this has all saved to my onedrive, filling it up completely. Is there a way of stopping just this folder from syncing, and leaving the rest of my documents to sync? I have researched this...
  10. Stop OneDrive from Syncing the Documents folder

Stop OneDrive from Syncing the Documents folder: Hi, I recently bought a new PC. I set up OneDrive as I always do, except this time it's syncing the Desktop, Documents and Pictures. I don't want the documents or the desktop to be synced as I work with very big files as as well as Outlook .PST's not syncing whilst Outlook...