Windows 10: How to stop "Check Firewall Status" notifications?

Discus and support How to stop "Check Firewall Status" notifications? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Windows 10 continually harasses me about the firewall, posting a "Check Firewall Status" notification multiple times per day, even though my firewall... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Charles_Jenkins, Apr 18, 2019.

1. How to stop "Check Firewall Status" notifications?

Windows 10 continually harasses me about the firewall, posting a "Check Firewall Status" notification multiple times per day, even though my firewall settings are controlled by a domain policy, they are fine and there is no problem, and I can't do a darned thing about the settings.

So far I have:

• Turned off "Security and Maintenance" notifications in the Settings -> Notifications & Actions panel.
    • Turned off "Messages about network firewall" in Control Panel -> Security and Maintenance.
    • Turned off "Messages about Internet security settings" in Control Panel -> Security and Maintenance.

I'm afraid I may be disabling important stuff I need, just in order to stop Action Center from constantly begging for my attention because of a useless, time-wasting notification. In fact today I took the sub-optimal step of hiding Action Center, because so far it has only ever shown worthless notifications. I hope there never is a real notification I should see...

Has anyone ever found one correct way to stop the "Check Firewall Status" notification? Failing that, is there a way to write a program to watch for and clear a notification, based on its message text, as soon as it arrives?

:)

Charles_Jenkins, Apr 18, 2019
  2. Kem Mon Win User

How do I stop firewall and antivirus notification?!?!

Hi,

To disable the firewall notification, follow these steps:

• On the search tab, type
      Security and Maintenance.

• Choose
      Change Security and Maintenance settings.

• Uncheck
      the notifications that you don't want to pop-up.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Apr 18, 2019
  3. (SOLVED/CLOSED)looking for help with Android phone CONSTANT wireless signal notification

Yeah, thats not a solution she is interested in......I've suggested that course of action. Thanks though.

Just to clarify, I feel that there MUST be a step, or series of steps to turn off JUST the wireless notification sound. Thats what Im driving @ here.

jboydgolfer, Apr 18, 2019
  4. How to stop "Check Firewall Status" notifications?

I keep getting Check Credentials Notification on my notification bar. How to remove "Check Credentials Notification"

Hello,

As you are still facing problem with check credential notification, I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the same issue occurs here as well.

Here are the steps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose Accounts and then select
      Family and other users
    • Select add someone else on this PC.
    • Enter a user name and hit next.
    • Click on Finish.
    • Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.

Let us know the status of the issue to assist you further.

ThofikhAhamad, Apr 18, 2019
Thema:

How to stop "Check Firewall Status" notifications?

1. How to stop "Check Firewall Status" notifications? - Similar Threads - stop Check Firewall

2. Status: Notification

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Status: Notification: --------------------------- Windows Script Host --------------------------- Software licensing service version: 6.1.7601.17514 Name: WindowsR 7, Ultimate edition Description: Windows Operating System - WindowsR 7, OEM_SLP channel Activation ID:...
  3. Status: Notification

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Status: Notification: --------------------------- Windows Script Host --------------------------- Software licensing service version: 6.1.7601.17514 Name: WindowsR 7, Ultimate edition Description: Windows Operating System - WindowsR 7, OEM_SLP channel Activation ID:...
  4. Key Status Check

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Key Status Check: HII wanted to know that, is any way to check Microsoft activation key will activate without any errors before activation on the PC. I use Microsoft PID Checker but it only shows its OEM or RETAIL. I wanted to check the status of the key, before the activation it will work...
  5. Key Status Check

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Key Status Check: HII wanted to know that, is any way to check Microsoft activation key will activate without any errors before activation on the PC. I use Microsoft PID Checker but it only shows its OEM or RETAIL. I wanted to check the status of the key, before the activation it will work...
  6. Comodo Firewall Notification

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Comodo Firewall Notification: When I go ahead and try to install Comodo Firewall i get a PUP block form Microsoft defender and Malwarebytes. Has anyone seen this before or know anything about it?...
  7. How to check Warranty Status of Laptop

in Windows 10 News
    How to check Warranty Status of Laptop: [IMG]Modern computers are getting good at their job of providing top-of-the-line performance in a compact Laptop and still being reliable. But also, they are expensive and repairing them can cost you fortunes. That’s why knowing the status of your warrant is very important....
  8. Disable "Check Firewall Status" Notification

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disable "Check Firewall Status" Notification: Hello, This question has been asked before but it doesn't appear to have been solved. I support users who somewhat inconsistently receive the "Check Firewall Status" notification when their domain firewall is off. I wont go in to any extra details but I can promise that...
  9. Windows Firewall notifications

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Firewall notifications: When is Microsoft going to fix the bug in Build 1809 that makes the firewall notifications IMPOSSIBLE to turn off? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-firewall-notifications/3647f407-b69c-4fe8-a12f-8374baac0549
  10. Checking the proxy and the firewall

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Checking the proxy and the firewall: I can't connect through google chrome to https://my.sfwmd.gov/ePermitting/Login.do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/checking-the-proxy-and-the-firewall/67097fb5-8128-4446-bc06-3f4b06270510"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. check windows firewall status notification

2. windows 10 check windows firewall status

3. using mcafee firewall check windows firewall status

4. windows 10 check firewall status notification,
  5. getting notification windows firewall is off when I che ck it is on,
  6. stop firewall toast,
  7. stop windows 10 nagging me about no firewall,
  8. disable Check Windows Firewall Status Notifications,
  9. remove check firewall status notification,
  10. how do you stop the notification that the firewall is turned off,
  11. check windows firewall status every day,