Windows 10: How to stop child accounts in family from being able to install apps on pc

Discus and support How to stop child accounts in family from being able to install apps on pc in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I have recently purchased two new windows 10 laptops for our kids to use for school. I have added them to my Microsoft family and setup as many... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by AdamEdgar, Feb 17, 2020.

1. AdamEdgar Win User

How to stop child accounts in family from being able to install apps on pc

I have recently purchased two new windows 10 laptops for our kids to use for school.

I have added them to my Microsoft family and setup as many restrictions as I can find, however,

how do I prevent them from being able to install apps, add accounts, add email addresses etc to the laptops?

:)

AdamEdgar, Feb 17, 2020

2. Not able to add child account in Family safety.

Hi Mark,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest in windows 10. we will help you to resolve it.

I want to inform you Adding members to your Microsoft family can help you keep your kids safe online. You can see everyone in your family, and edit settings for the kids in your family. To add a child to your family .

I would suggest you to Add your child account by creating new account for child.
    Follow the steps.

1. Sign in at account.microsoft.com/family.

2. Go to Select a child to view or edit their settings and select Add.

3. Enter your child’s email address and select Send invite or Select Create a new email address for your child and follow the on-screen instructions.

4. Once your child has accepted the invitation, sign in to the child’s PC with his or hers Microsoft account.

5. Open Settings, and then select Accounts.

6. Select Your account and check the email address is the one you sent with the invitation.
    For more information follow the link:
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/create-child-account

Note: It is also applicable for windows 10 as well.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Thanks.

Preeti Patel, Feb 17, 2020
  3. Not Tracking Web Browsing Activity on Child Account

Hello,

I had already read that article and tried all those steps mentioned before posting on this forum. Nothing worked. I am still not able to see the web activity on my child's account.

I have already verified that the Family Safety Service is connected to my PC and that my child has the PC listed as a device on their account. My child's account is listed as "child" on my PC account settings. When I sign into the child's account, I have
    verified that Family Safe Monitoring is running because the icon is in the task bar.

This response was not helpful, because as I stated in my original post, I had already read several articles on troubleshooting this issue and nothing worked.

Can you offer me other suggestions that are not mentioned in that Wiki Article?

CoriannFlores, Feb 17, 2020
  4. How to stop child accounts in family from being able to install apps on pc

Microsoft Family Child Account - Able to Access Blocked Accounts

Hi Randy,

The issue that you’ve encountered regarding the restrictions that you’ve set on your child’s account under
    Microsoft Family may be caused by some configuration on the feature. To sort out your concern, we suggest that you remove and re-add your child’s account to the
    Microsoft family. This process will re-establish a good configuration on the account. To remove a Family member, you may follow the steps provided in this article on how to
    remove members from your Microsoft family.
    Once you’re on the page, you may proceed with the steps under the Online section, and then complete the process. After completing the steps, you may go to this article on how to
    set up your family, and then complete the given steps. After completing the process,
    you may set the restrictions to your child’s account by following the steps given in this article on how to
    set restrictions for your child
    on Windows 10 and Xbox One.

Keep us updated about your concern for additional assistance.

Joseph Ban, Feb 17, 2020
Thema:

How to stop child accounts in family from being able to install apps on pc

1. How to stop child accounts in family from being able to install apps on pc - Similar Threads - stop child accounts

2. How do I stop a child account from being able to install any apps at all?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I stop a child account from being able to install any apps at all?: I found my question here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-stop-child-accounts-in-family-from-being/22d6d74f-c9ab-4086-a7d9-7323a176ef0eIndeed, the OP and one of the first commenters have exactly my problem, but the two people pretending to offer...
  3. How do I stop a child account from being able to install any apps at all?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I stop a child account from being able to install any apps at all?: I found my question here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-stop-child-accounts-in-family-from-being/22d6d74f-c9ab-4086-a7d9-7323a176ef0eIndeed, the OP and one of the first commenters have exactly my problem, but the two people pretending to offer...
  4. Removing child from family account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removing child from family account: I cannot seem to remove my child's account from my family account even though I have followed the steps. The message that I get is that the organizer needs to remove the child but I am the organizer. How do I proceed?...
  5. Removing child from family account

Removing child from family account: I cannot seem to remove my child's account from my family account even though I have followed the steps. The message that I get is that the organizer needs to remove the child but I am the organizer. How do I proceed?...
  6. How to remove a child account from a computer not from the family

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to remove a child account from a computer not from the family: Hi,My child user account takes 40% of the disk space of one of my laptop, I want to remove this child's user account and all the data from this laptop but NOT from my Microsoft family.When I go to Settings> Family& Other accounts , the only options for the family members is...
  7. How to remove a child account from a computer not from the family

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove a child account from a computer not from the family: Hi,My child user account takes 40% of the disk space of one of my laptop, I want to remove this child's user account and all the data from this laptop but NOT from my Microsoft family.When I go to Settings> Family& Other accounts , the only options for the family members is...
  8. How to remove a child account from a computer not from the family

9. How to stop a child account from being able to install programs

How to stop a child account from being able to install programs: Hi, I have a child account for my child to be able to do his school work on. I've blocked the Windows store but he's installed Chrome, which I blocked and Firefox, which I've also blocked to get around the websites that I've blocked on Edge. How can I block him from...
  10. How to stop Family activity reporting being sent to child

How to stop Family activity reporting being sent to child: Dear Community I have set up a PC for my child, running Windows 10. We are both receiving emails reporting her activity. How do I get these reports sent to me and not to my child? many thanks SW...