Windows 10: How to stop 'Choose an Operating System' in Windows 10

Discus and support How to stop 'Choose an Operating System' in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; This message appears every time I start my Acer laptop.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AlexFeinstein, Sep 16, 2018.

1. How to stop 'Choose an Operating System' in Windows 10

This message appears every time I start my Acer laptop.

:)

AlexFeinstein, Sep 16, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 16, 2018
  3. How to stop 'Choose an Operating System' in Windows 10

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

To understand the issue better, I would like to ask you the following questions:

• Do you get Windows 7 listed along with Windows 10 when you get the choices to choose an operating system?
    • How did you upgrade to Windows 10? Was it through Windows Updates or by downloading an ISO?
    • What is the make and model of your PC?

This issue arises either when you have installed Windows on a dual boot and removed the previous version of Windows or if Windows is not installed properly over existing version.

To check for corruptions,

Run the System File Checker tool (SFC.exe)

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files. It will scan your system files and to repair missing or corrupted system files in Windows.
    To run the SFC scan, refer to the Microsoft article below.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833

Since you mentioned that it only shows 1 selection in the Boot section in MSCONFIG, we might have to reinstall Windows.

I would suggest you to reply with the required information. It will help us research more and provide a response.

Sahil Bali, Sep 16, 2018
  4. How to stop 'Choose an Operating System' in Windows 10

' choose an operation system to start"

Hi Bob,

To better assist you, do let us the complete message that you receive.

Sometimes, this could be due to two operating system installed in your computer. Just to make sure this is not the case, I suggest you to try the steps below:

1. Press Windows key + R.

2. Type msconfig and press enter.

3. Click the "boot" tab and check if there are any other operating system listed.

4. In addition, change the timeout time to 3 seconds(default)

Let us know the result, we will be glad to help if you need further assistance.

Wungraileng Vashi, Sep 16, 2018
Thema:

How to stop 'Choose an Operating System' in Windows 10

1. How to stop 'Choose an Operating System' in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - stop 'Choose Operating

2. CHOOSE AN OPERATING SYSTEM

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CHOOSE AN OPERATING SYSTEM: I am stucked at choose an operating system? Like when I m choosing a operating system going back to choose an operating system page. Tried everything system repair failed. System reset stucked at reseting. Please help me asap what I can do to fix it. Thanks...
  3. CHOOSE AN OPERATING SYSTEM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CHOOSE AN OPERATING SYSTEM: I am stucked at choose an operating system? Like when I m choosing a operating system going back to choose an operating system page. Tried everything system repair failed. System reset stucked at reseting. Please help me asap what I can do to fix it. Thanks...
  4. CHOOSE AN OPERATING SYSTEM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. choose an operating system step

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    choose an operating system step: how can i address the step CHOOSE AN OPERATING SYSTEM with options [ ]win11 on volume 9 of [ ]win11 on volume 3? I tried to clone my win11 system disk. It led me to this step....
  6. Can't choose operating system.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't choose operating system.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Ok_Analyst8190 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/tq7fwm/cant_choose_operating_system/
  7. Prompt for Choose an operating system

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Prompt for Choose an operating system: Hi,I get a prompt to Choose an operating system when I login. See image:https://imgur.com/HR01dQzIt's been a bit, but I believe that old install was causing me grief corrupt or some other so I did a fresh install on larger ssd. However, I never correctly removed that old...
  8. Prompt for Choose an operating system

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Prompt for Choose an operating system: Hi,I get a prompt to Choose an operating system when I login. See image:https://imgur.com/HR01dQzIt's been a bit, but I believe that old install was causing me grief corrupt or some other so I did a fresh install on larger ssd. However, I never correctly removed that old...
  9. Choose an Operating System

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Choose an Operating System: After I reset this PC, is a laptop Toshiba, befor the logon Toshiba show up a screen that say Choose an operating System,that show windows 10 is on volume 4,i only have windows 10.not other operating system,how can i fix it...
  10. Choose an operating system loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Choose an operating system loop: Hi Having serious problems. When I turn my PC on I get the BIOS screen, then short while after a blue screen with “Choose an operating system”. There are two options that are the same windows 10 on volume 2 windows 10 on volume 2 the PC then starts over again...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Choose operating system Volume 1 or volume 2

2. windows 10 volume 1 choose an operating system screen

3. HOW TO STOP choose an operating system

4. choose an operating system windows 10 volume,
  5. stop chice operating system