Windows 10: How to stop Chrome from playing a video on the login screen?

Discus and support How to stop Chrome from playing a video on the login screen? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Basically the title. Sometimes I'll pause a video on youtube in my chrome browser before turning off the computer, and when I turn it back on again,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by myrnam, Nov 13, 2019.

1. myrnam Win User

How to stop Chrome from playing a video on the login screen?

Basically the title. Sometimes I'll pause a video on youtube in my chrome browser before turning off the computer, and when I turn it back on again, the video will begin to play automatically once the login screen has loaded. How do I prevent this from happening? I've disabled all the autoplay settings in both windows and chrome, but this keeps happening.

If it helps, I'm using the latest version of chrome and Windows 10 version 1809 on a Lenovo laptop.

Thanks

:)

myrnam, Nov 13, 2019

2. Chrome Crashing & Video won't play

Hi Jone,

Thanks for replying to us with the status of your issue.

To assist you better, please provide few details.

• Is the issue with playing video is only with confined to specific browser?

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    As the issue still persists, I suggest you to try the below steps.

Step 1: For the issue related to Chrome, refer to the below link:

Google Chrome Help

Step 2: For the issue related to paying video through browser, try updating Add on in Internet explorer and check if it helps.

Refer to the below link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/manage-add-ons#ie=ie-11

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Nov 13, 2019
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Screen stays black when i play a video in Google Chrome

Hi,

Incompatible or corrupted drivers may be the possible reason why your screen stays black when playing a video. To efficiently assist you, we'd like to clarify few things:

• Since you've mention that this happens with Chrome, have you tried checking for application update?
    • Have you tried uninstalling then reinstall it?
    • Does this happen when playing any type of videos in Chrome?
    • Have you tried using other browsers?
    • Are you getting any error messages?

We're looking forward to your response.

Rose Cal, Nov 13, 2019
  4. How to stop Chrome from playing a video on the login screen?

Screen stays black when i play a video in Google Chrome

Hi,

When i try to play a video in Google Chrome i can hear the sound of the video but the screen stays black. There is no problem when i play a video in Youtube also in Chrome and with Miccrosoft Edge there is no problem also

I didn't update anything have the latest drivers and my flash seems to be okay.

I am using a Toshiba satellite with windows 10 64 installed.

Does anyone have a suggestion?

Thanks

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Devices & drivers

Hansde Gorter, Nov 13, 2019
Thema:

How to stop Chrome from playing a video on the login screen?

1. How to stop Chrome from playing a video on the login screen? - Similar Threads - stop Chrome playing

2. How to stop screen from freezing when playing roblox?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to stop screen from freezing when playing roblox?: When playing Roblox, my whole laptop stops responding, the sound buffers, the touchpad does not respond, the keyboard doesn't respond, and nothing responds. I done reset my computer also for this issue and another one I have fixed but it did not work to stop my screen from...
  3. How to stop screen from freezing when playing roblox?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop screen from freezing when playing roblox?: When playing Roblox, my whole laptop stops responding, the sound buffers, the touchpad does not respond, the keyboard doesn't respond, and nothing responds. I done reset my computer also for this issue and another one I have fixed but it did not work to stop my screen from...
  4. Play video before login screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Play video before login screen: ok, Im so confused about this. if you go to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05K5glVCwis&t=767s on minute 12:45 . you see, when he start up his pc, before he login, the video plays automaticaly, I want to do that too. He shows how to do it but not in detail, he just told us to...
  5. Video suddenly stops playing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Video suddenly stops playing: All videos suddenly stop playing; on YouTube, Edge, Chrome and those saved on my computer.I have updated drivers.Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/video-suddenly-stops-playing/7a3f1abd-9fa5-455e-a55d-68b452fd07d6
  6. video's will randomly stop playing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    video's will randomly stop playing: For some reason when i watch something the video will just freeze or the audio wont work then the audio will randomly start working again https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/videos-will-randomly-stop-playing/5d750905-a780-420a-93a1-7dbab7137603
  7. How to stop auto play videos on websites in Edge

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to stop auto play videos on websites in Edge: I just purchased a Lenovo laptop with Windows 10 and Edge. I was under the impression that I could easily stop the annoying auto play videos on websites but I cannot figure out how to do so. I've seen posts about Internet Explorer and Active X but that doesn't seem to apply...
  8. Stop videos from auto playing in FireFox

in Browsers and Email
    Stop videos from auto playing in FireFox: It seems with every upgrade of FireFox, I have to find a new way of stopping videos from auto-playing in websites. Does anyone know how to stop them on this version: [img] 128337
  9. How to stop Videos from Auto-playing in Microsoft Edge browser

in Windows 10 News
    How to stop Videos from Auto-playing in Microsoft Edge browser: [ATTACH] Microsoft Windows 10 v1809 has added options that let you allow or disable video autoplay in Microsoft Edge. You can stop them from playing on all websites you open on Microsoft Edge, or you can allow/stop them from playing on [...] This post How to stop Videos from...
  10. YouTube videos do not play in Chrome

in Browsers and Email
    YouTube videos do not play in Chrome: Hello Everybody! Today I wanted to watch some YouTube videos but the videos never played. If I press the Play button it doesn't play but I can drag the slider around. It has been happening for a few days and it's getting really annoying! Sometimes videos will play and...