Windows 10: How to stop Compatibilty Assiatant from notifying me Program No Longer Avaialble

Discus and support How to stop Compatibilty Assiatant from notifying me Program No Longer Avaialble in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After updating to Windows 10 version 1803 every time I power on I get Notification from Compatibility Assistant that Program No Longer Available.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by chasw98, Oct 15, 2018.

1. chasw98 Win User

How to stop Compatibilty Assiatant from notifying me Program No Longer Avaialble

After updating to Windows 10 version 1803 every time I power on I get Notification from Compatibility Assistant that Program No Longer Available. Message detail says App was removed from PC because it does not work on this version of Windows.
    I get the option "X", Learn More, and Dismiss. None of them stop repeating the message.
    In case MSFT interchanging of Program and App does not mean the same thing,

I checked Settings > Apps, and Control Panel > Programs and the program is not listed.
    Nor is the program listed in Task master Start Up.
    However a search of the system shows the program can be found in two locations.
    a) C:\Windows.old\Program Files

b) C:\Windows.old\Program Data
    How many times is MSFT going to notify me that the MSFT removed the program?
    Does MSFT provide a fix to limit/stop this Notification every time I power on?

:)

chasw98, Oct 15, 2018

2. "A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available."

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

I see that you are getting this message
    "A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available."
    when you are trying to launch a game. This might be due to the corrupt display drivers.

Please answer the below questions to assist you better.

1. Does this issue occur to this particular game?

2. What is the make and model of the computer?

Follow the below steps and check if it helps,

I suggest you to uninstall the Display Adapter drivers from Device manager and install the latest drivers from the manufacturer website and check if it helps.

Follow the steps for the same.

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Display Adapters’.
    • Right-click on the Display Adapter listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Install the latest driver from the manufacturer website.
    Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anup Karkal, Oct 15, 2018
  3. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Oct 15, 2018
  4. How to stop Compatibilty Assiatant from notifying me Program No Longer Avaialble

Windows 10 Compatibilty issue

Hi Brad,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are unable to run application on Windows 10. We will help you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to run the program inCompatibility mode and check if it helps.

Please follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Program
    • Click on Properties
    • Click on Compatibility tab
    • Select Run this program in compatibility mode and select the operating system accordingly from the drop down list.
    Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Oct 15, 2018
Thema:

How to stop Compatibilty Assiatant from notifying me Program No Longer Avaialble

1. How to stop Compatibilty Assiatant from notifying me Program No Longer Avaialble - Similar Threads - stop Compatibilty Assiatant

2. Bluetooth compatibilty stopped working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth compatibilty stopped working: I've been using bluetooth devices on my PC for a while now and have never had any issue connecting them what so ever, however one day i was on my computer and my bluetooth keyboard randomly disconnects, when i check why it says my PC doesen't have any bluetooth capability but...
  3. Bluetooth compatibilty stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth compatibilty stopped working: I've been using bluetooth devices on my PC for a while now and have never had any issue connecting them what so ever, however one day i was on my computer and my bluetooth keyboard randomly disconnects, when i check why it says my PC doesen't have any bluetooth capability but...
  4. Bluetooth compatibilty stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. compatibilty mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    compatibilty mode: my computer was updated from windows 8 to 10 home ages and ages ago. Have a design program which says only new features work only with windows 10, I have checked the version on my pc and all updates done and says am running windows 10 home, but if i check the programme...
  6. A problem has caused the program to stop working windows will close the program and notify...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A problem has caused the program to stop working windows will close the program and notify...: I have been trying to play a game (pro evolution soccer 2019) on my pc for a while now the game crashes immediately after launch and displays this message "a problem has caused the program to stop working windows will close the program and notify you if there is a...
  7. How to notify me of a change in WiFi station

in Windows 10 Support
    How to notify me of a change in WiFi station: When i am outside i use WiFi on my laptop, but when i come home i connect it to the ethernet cable and forget to turn off my WiFi. then people can steal my passwords. Is there a way to remind me that there is a new WiFi station on air or something else? if i will see the...
  8. How do I stop win 10 from notifying me about firewall

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I stop win 10 from notifying me about firewall: I have a router with At&T Uverse. The documentation on att.com says to disable your desktop firewall because we are behind a N.A.T.S and having more than one firewall will slow you down or conflict. But there is a constant all day reminder that continues to annoy me. I wish I...
  9. Windows Update Stopped Notifying Me

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Update Stopped Notifying Me: About six months after upgrading to W10, Windows Update stopped notifying me in advance about updates. How do I fix this glitch, so I know when to expect extra long reboots? 97958
  10. How to code a program that notifies my phone and PC

in Windows 10 Support
    How to code a program that notifies my phone and PC: Hello, I didn't know where to really put this but, I was wondering if ifs possible to code something that would send a text or email to my pc and phone if the password was incorrectly put in, and if its possible to add a location of where they tried to sign into my laptop. Or...