Windows 10: How to stop computer from waking up due to error?

Discus and support How to stop computer from waking up due to error? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; How do you to stop a Windows 10 computer from waking up due to error? My Surface Pro 5th Gen gets error "Surface Tcon Driver TP Read fails, Status =... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/citahecrot, Jul 24, 2020.

1. How to stop computer from waking up due to error?

How do you to stop a Windows 10 computer from waking up due to error?

My Surface Pro 5th Gen gets error "Surface Tcon Driver TP Read fails, Status = 0xc0000186" about every 15 minutes, and each time it wakes up, trying to find my face via infrared camera for face unlock, and also wakes up the external monitor. There is no known cure for the error. So as a workaround, is it possible to disallow wake-up on error?

submitted by /u/citahecrot
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/citahecrot, Jul 24, 2020

2. Can't stop machine waking itself from hibernation

My desktop machine keeps waking itself up from hibernation, usually during the night, despite my having taken all reasonable steps to stop it. I have:
    • disabled waking on network, mouse and RTC in BIOS setup
    • disabled wake on mouse and network in device manager (and checked with powercfg -devicequery wake_armed)
    • disabled "allow wake timers" for all power plans
    It doesn't however wake itself up from S5 (shutdown). I also tried leaving it in S3 sleep for over 24 hours and it didn't wake up, although that's not long enough to be certain that it never would.

Unfortunately my records in Event Viewer only go back a bit over a week to my upgrade to Windows 10, but I did notice a pattern in the first few days of waking at around 00:17 or 00:18 in the morning. Event Viewer suggested that this was due to mcupdate_scheduler, which was scheduled to run at 00:19, so I changed the trigger (following some instructions from Microsoft), but the next night the machine woke earlier, at 23:45. Unfortunately event viewer had no idea what caused that particular event. And today I have just run powercfg -waketimer and apparently there is a task \blah\blah\updateorchestrator\reboot which requires waking the machine just after 02:00 tomorrow morning. Clearly trying to change each individual trigger is a hopeless game of whack-a-mole which will sooner or later result in my wrecking something. How on earth can I stop my machine waking up?

ricecrispies, Jul 27, 2020
  3. John Sarc Win User
    computer wake-up after sleep

Hi Bill,

There's a possibility that the settings that enables your Space bar to wake your computer up from sleep was reset after updating Windows. If this what had happened, we suggest that you just re-set it up. See the steps below on how to do
    so:

• Press Windows key and type keyboard in.
    • Click on Keyboard option and a pop-up windows should show up.
    • From there, go to > Hardware tab > Properties >
      Change settings > Power management > Allow this device to wake the computer >
      OK/Apply.

Try the if the steps did work and let us know any updates.

John Sarc, Jul 27, 2020
  4. How to stop computer from waking up due to error?

computer wake-up after sleep

Did all the steps exactly as shown above and "Allow this device to wake the computer" was already selected.

I think you might have miss-understood the problem. It appears that the computer is waking up, but it doesn't re-connect to my display. I have to turn off the display and turn it back on to get my display to to re-connect. This was not a problem prior to
    the last Win 10 upgrade.

Bill McCormick_5407, Jul 27, 2020
Thema:

How to stop computer from waking up due to error?

1. How to stop computer from waking up due to error? - Similar Threads - stop computer waking

2. How do I stop my computer from randomly waking up?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I stop my computer from randomly waking up?: How do I stop my computer from randomly waking up? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-stop-my-computer-from-randomly-waking-up/ed1921f1-0430-45b2-9366-011c2209b378
  3. How do I stop my computer from randomly waking up?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I stop my computer from randomly waking up?: How do I stop my computer from randomly waking up? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-stop-my-computer-from-randomly-waking-up/ed1921f1-0430-45b2-9366-011c2209b378
  4. Computer waking up due to Update Orchestrator

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer waking up due to Update Orchestrator: For over a year my PC wakes up on its own if I put it to sleep, I finally got sick of it and looked around to find out why. I ended up finding out how its been waking it self up by checking the "Event Viewer." It told me that the service "Windows Update Orchestrator" powered...
  5. How to stop mouse movement from waking the computer?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to stop mouse movement from waking the computer?: I don't want my computer to wake from Sleep when the mouse is moved. I went to Computer Management > Device Manager > Mice > HID-compliant mouse > Properties > Power Management and unchecked "Allow this device to wake the computer". However moving the mouse still wakes the...
  6. Computer will not wake up from "sleep"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer will not wake up from "sleep": I built my own PC, and although all advanced power settings are set to never sleep (including never turn off hard disk), it frequently freezes and will not wake up. It sends a buzzing to my Focusrite 2i2 powered speakers, which is what happens normally when the machine is...
  7. Computer Waking Up From Sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer Waking Up From Sleep: [ATTACH]I recently built my new gaming rig and I usually set my power and sleep settings to sleep after 2 hours of idle. I realized when it goes to "sleep" It actually turns off but still responds to a press of a key and saves the session. When it turns on it goes through the...
  8. Computer wakes up from sleep.

Computer wakes up from sleep.: Hi Since I updated my PC to v1903 few days back, my PC switches itself on. Since the first version of Windows 10 I must have going into Task Scheduler and disable the wake up timer of UpdateOrchestrator and also my harddiskvolume2. But with this new version of Windows, it...
  9. Waking the computer up from sleep

Waking the computer up from sleep: I have been having the issue as of late that whenever my computer would go into sleep mode by itself or if I would accidentally press the power button, thus initiating sleep mode, I can not get the screen to turn back on. In order for the screen to come back on, I would have...
  10. How to stop PC from waking up at 3AM?

How to stop PC from waking up at 3AM?: Re-installed Win 10 after botched update, now it wakes up at 3 am every day. Cleaned Task Scheduler from what (IMO) was not needed. Still wakes up. Checked Power settings, don't see anything wrong. Minimum processor power was 5%, changed to 0%. Still wakes up. The...