Windows 10: How to stop cursor popup info boxes when hovering.

Discus and support How to stop cursor popup info boxes when hovering. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; This is a solution when using the latest April, 2021 version of Windows Home 10. If you are bothered by those little popup boxes that appear when you... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SChpulkle, Apr 17, 2021.

1. SChpulkle Win User

How to stop cursor popup info boxes when hovering.

This is a solution when using the latest April, 2021 version of Windows Home 10.

If you are bothered by those little popup boxes that appear when you are hovering over a picture or text etc., I've found the solution.

Go to control panel, click on "Network and Internet".

Under "Internet Options" toward the middle of the screen click on "Delete browsing history and cookies".

In the "Internet Properties" popup box, click on the "Advanced" tab.

Scroll down to "Underline links" and check "Never" the default was "Always".

Then, at the bottom of the popup box, click "Apply" and then "OK", and X out.

If there is a quicker way to get to the "Internet Properties" box feel free to post it, but this was how I stumbled upon it.

:)

SChpulkle, Apr 17, 2021
  2. Gborg Win User

box over cursor

Why does a box ( apparently containing site info) hover over my cursor when attempting to open website, making it difficult to impossible to open?

Gborg, Apr 17, 2021
  3. dalchina Win User
    Win 10 suddenly stops Task Bar Browser Icons Popup on Mouse Hover

Hi, I understand you do not see taskbar thumbnails when hovering over an active icon on the taskbar.

You could use this recommended reputable free tool to try re-enabling that - by unchecking the box of course.

How to stop cursor popup info boxes when hovering. [​IMG]

Also
    How to Disable Live Taskbar Thumbnail Previews in Windows 10 - Appuals.com

This also helped someone with a similar problem:
    Change Taskbar Thumbnail Threshold to Show List in Windows 10 | Tutorials

Suitable search string for Google etc:
    enable taskbar thumbnail preview

dalchina, Apr 17, 2021
  4. How to stop cursor popup info boxes when hovering.

No popups for FLAC files

When I hover the mouse cursor over an MP3 file, a little info box pops up.

I don't get it for FLAC files.

Is there a way to get it?

Thanks in advance.

DoctorJellybean, Apr 17, 2021
Thema:

How to stop cursor popup info boxes when hovering.

1. How to stop cursor popup info boxes when hovering. - Similar Threads - stop cursor popup

2. Cursor hover over pop up dialogue box in explorer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cursor hover over pop up dialogue box in explorer.: This may have been asked before but is there a way to edit what information is shown in the cursor pop up dialogue box?For example, when i hover the cursor over a jpeg image in windows explorer, a box will pop up displaying info about the file. I want to see more info or at...
  3. Cursor hover over pop up dialogue box in explorer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cursor hover over pop up dialogue box in explorer.: This may have been asked before but is there a way to edit what information is shown in the cursor pop up dialogue box?For example, when i hover the cursor over a jpeg image in windows explorer, a box will pop up displaying info about the file. I want to see more info or at...
  4. Stopping cursor hovering

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stopping cursor hovering: I have a new Lenovo laptop with Windows 10 Pro. I cannot turn off the hovering feature that changes windows everytime the cursor hovers over a new window. I am using the touchpad, not a mouse. I have followed the published instructions of unclicking the "Activate a window by...
  5. Stopping cursor hovering

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stopping cursor hovering: I have a new Lenovo laptop with Windows 10 Pro. I cannot turn off the hovering feature that changes windows everytime the cursor hovers over a new window. I am using the touchpad, not a mouse. I have followed the published instructions of unclicking the "Activate a window by...
  6. Stopping cursor hovering

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Disabling "Autoclick" when the Cursor Hovers?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disabling "Autoclick" when the Cursor Hovers?: I recently had to factory reset my PC (Dell Precision 5530 running Windows 10 Pro) and, since doing so, it has been "autoclicking" inconsistently when I hover my cursor over things. This is rather annoying and not a behavior it had prior to the reset. I looked up how to...
  8. URL/hover popups

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    URL/hover popups: Has anyone found a workaround for the URL/Hover popups? They are so annoying and see no value in them. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/urlhover-popups/0cce0cb1-3319-4cf7-9350-b5563d31c41f
  9. how do I get rid of hover info box

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do I get rid of hover info box: When I hover over a picture with my pointer, an information box appears blocking a lot of the picture …. how do I get rid of that annoying feature?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-rid-of-hover-info-box/f4237fc4-09c6-498f-96a7-d7728777c18e
  10. disable hover popups

in Windows 10 Support
    disable hover popups: Does anyone know how to disable over popups on windows 10? When using windows 10 email and hovering over a clickable link, such as a picture, there is a huge hover popup with the entire URL. It is annoying and takes up a big part of the screen. see screenshot below. [img]...