Windows 10: How to stop daily security definition daily downloads?

Discus and support How to stop daily security definition daily downloads? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Never had an problem with windows security daily definition until I installed 1809. I still don't as long as they're space out. It when more then one... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Gator4814, Jan 12, 2019.

1. Gator4814 Win User

How to stop daily security definition daily downloads?

Never had an problem with windows security daily definition until I installed 1809. I still don't as long as they're space out. It when more then one is being applied when computer is turn on that problems occur. Paid the extortion fee of $99 for Windows 10 Pro and set feature to 365 delay and quality to 30 but these have no effect on these daily updates. Set protection off but these have no effect on these daily downloads. Couldn't find anything on the web. Would paying for an upgrade to Enterprise give me the ability to stop these daily downloads?

:)

Gator4814, Jan 12, 2019

2. Microsoft Security Essentials updating daily...

I'm just wondering why Security Essentials is updating daily, sometimes twice a day. For the past two weeks there has been definition updates every single day, sometimes twice in a day. Why? It has never done this before. Has anyone else noticed this and
    if so do you know the reason? Its just very odd.

ZodtheDefiler, Jan 12, 2019
  3. Windows 10 is downloading daily.

Original Title: Neville

How do I stop Windows 10 trying to install.It is downloading daily and using almost half my internet allowance each time.Each time it obviously and is creating a big problem for me.

NevilleHoye, Jan 12, 2019
  4. lacrumb Win User

Incessant, Thrice Daily Security Updates

The Windows Defender definitions come about twice daily but they do not require a restart.

Usually on the second Tuesday of the month there is security update that may or may not require a restart depending on how major the update is. This is called Patch Tuesday. This is the day that you usually get the Continuous update.

Feature updates are the ones usually require a restart. These are the one that change the Version number and happen about every 6 months, March and September.

lacrumb, Jan 12, 2019
Thema:

1. How to stop daily security definition daily downloads? - Similar Threads - stop daily security

2. Can't download the daily Solitaire collection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't download the daily Solitaire collection: As of today, 01/01/2022, I have not been able to download the Microsoft Solitaire daily Collection. There have been no circumstantial changes since the final game played on the last day of 2021. I am still using Windows 10. Up to now, there have never been any issues. Can...
  3. Can't download the daily Solitaire collection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't download the daily Solitaire collection: As of today, 01/01/2022, I have not been able to download the Microsoft Solitaire daily Collection. There have been no circumstantial changes since the final game played on the last day of 2021. I am still using Windows 10. Up to now, there have never been any issues. Can...
  4. How do i stop these Pesky daily wallpapers?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do i stop these Pesky daily wallpapers?: I've tried everything to get rid of these hideous wallpapers, and i need to find a way how to stop these. for proof: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-stop-these-pesky-daily-wallpapers/77b482ae-5c3d-4af8-a0be-0004b40e5ae1
  5. Unable to download Daily Mirror

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Unable to download Daily Mirror: I paid for the daily mirror download and when I try to download it keeps going back to the subscription page ***Modified title from: daily mirror*** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-download-daily-mirror/517d943a-5119-4f70-bf75-a0e809f04332
  6. How to stop Theme picture from changing daily?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to stop Theme picture from changing daily?: Hello, I have downloaded some beautiful themes from Microsoft. And some of the pictures are just spectacular. How do I stop the theme picture from changing every day? Some of the images I just want to keep as my desktop wallpaper forever ! :-) There doesn't seem to be...
  7. virus definitions daily update size

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    virus definitions daily update size: Recently, the daily update size seems to have jumped from a few MBs tot 40-50 MBs. Is this correct? I use a mobile connection allowing me to use 10GB monthly, so 1,5GB just for virus definitions updates is noticeably restricting my access to the internet. Any suggestions?...
  8. Daily restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Daily restart: Morning everyone, I have a desktop machine that is rebooting very often, almost daily but not quite. I was wondering if this was maybe a RAM issue, so I did a RAM diagnostics which manage to complete 4 passes, no errors. After 40 hours I decided to start testing other items....
  9. VCLibs 12 daily download help

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    VCLibs 12 daily download help: Hi All, I know that this has been asked before, but I'm getting a daily download called VCLibs 12, sometimes three or four a day. I have read through the threads and it apparently is linked to the get Skype app. I uninstalled this app a few weeks ago, but still get this...
  10. App To Download Bing's Daily Wallpaper

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    App To Download Bing's Daily Wallpaper: Hello, so I've tried a bunch of apps that I found online that can attempt to download Bing's Homepage Wallpaper. Bing changes it on a daily basis to another different image, which is really cool. There are some pictures that I like, and some that I don't. I want to get as...