Windows 10: How to stop desktop apps from being used over the browser?

Discus and support How to stop desktop apps from being used over the browser? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I don’t know if this is something in the Windows options or the teamspeak options and I apologize if it’s the latter, but I clicked a Twitter link... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Garnix_99, Oct 29, 2019.

1. How to stop desktop apps from being used over the browser?

So I don’t know if this is something in the Windows options or the teamspeak options and I apologize if it’s the latter, but I clicked a Twitter link in a teamspeak chat and instead of opening the link in chrome, a separate window of a desktop twitter app (that I had never seen before) opened. Is there a way to prevent this from happening? I don’t want any Microsoft desktop apps to open and I really don’t understand why anyone would want that instead of links just opening in the browser (that was open at the time). Thanks in advance

submitted by /u/Garnix_99
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Garnix_99, Oct 29, 2019

2. Changing default browser to IE and wifi issues

Hi Ed,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• In desktop search, type default app settings and select the result.

• Under Web browser, click the current browser (EDGE).

• Choose Internet Explorer and set it as
      default.

Hope it helps.

SujataMoktan, Oct 29, 2019
  3. AndreTen Win User
    View Poll Results: Do you use Edge as your primary browser??

I found suggestion on MS forums that could work. Did you tried this?

AndreTen, Oct 29, 2019
  4. How to stop desktop apps from being used over the browser?

Start menu / desktop not using default browser

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Windows 10 sets Microsoft Edge as the default browser for opening web links.

You can change the default web browser by following the below steps:

• From the desktop press Windows flag key +R and type control and click ok.
    • This will open control panel, select default program and select set default program and choose the web browser of your choice.

You can use the Windows Insider program to provide the feedback.

To use the Feedback app

• Click the Start button, type Windows Feedback, and then click
      Windows Feedback.
    • Pick the category that most closely matches your feedback
    Give us your feedback

Good feedback makes Windows better | Windows 10 Insider Previews

Hope the information helps. Please let us know if the issue persist and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Oct 29, 2019
Thema:

How to stop desktop apps from being used over the browser?

1. How to stop desktop apps from being used over the browser? - Similar Threads - stop desktop apps

2. How to stop desktop from flickering?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to stop desktop from flickering?: I recently updated my PC to the latest Windows 11 version. Now my desktop won't stop flickering and the only thing I can get to run is Task Manager which doesn't flicker. The taskbar won't appear at all, I can't even use Windows+X to access anything to revert my driver's back...
  3. How to stop a specific folder from Desktop from being backed up in Onedrive?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to stop a specific folder from Desktop from being backed up in Onedrive?: To be clearer, I do not want Onedrive to stop syncing files to my computer, making them hidden from the File Explorer; I want the opposite. Nor do I want the whole Desktop folder to stop being backed up in Onedrive. I only want one folder from Desktop to stop being uploaded...
  4. How to stop a specific folder from Desktop from being backed up in Onedrive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop a specific folder from Desktop from being backed up in Onedrive?: To be clearer, I do not want Onedrive to stop syncing files to my computer, making them hidden from the File Explorer; I want the opposite. Nor do I want the whole Desktop folder to stop being backed up in Onedrive. I only want one folder from Desktop to stop being uploaded...
  5. How to stop a specific folder from Desktop from being backed up in Onedrive?

6. How to stop laptop from over heating

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop laptop from over heating: Hi everyone my Laptop is overheating every time i play games on it even though i have a cooling pad under it. Can anyone give me some advice on how to stop this from happening...
  7. How to stop laptop from over heating

How to stop laptop from over heating: Hi everyone my Laptop is overheating every time i play games on it even though i have a cooling pad under it. Can anyone give me some advice on how to stop this from happening...
  8. OneDrive is being weird Or how to stop using it

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    OneDrive is being weird Or how to stop using it: Hey guys,since i've never really used cloud services to store my data I just accepted OneDrive storing my data online What's the matter, can't hurt. However today I received a 5GB warning, that the OneDrive storage is full. I didn't want to receive this warning every startup...
  9. How to stop mp3 from being staticky

in Windows 10 Support
    How to stop mp3 from being staticky: Trying to prevent mp3 from sounding staticky. It happens when I connect my Lenovo Y920 to an audio device, such as my headphones or JBL Pulse 3. I'm not sure what's going on here as the audio works fine on a device connected via Bluetooth. Audio also works pretty much fine on...
  10. How to change default browser being used by notifications

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to change default browser being used by notifications: My default browser is Vivaldi. I have set it up in windows10 as the default. I also have Google Chrome installed. Nevertheless when ever I get a Windows 10 notification through from Youtube Windows 10 insists on sending that notification to Chrome even though Vivaldi is the...