Windows 10: How to Stop Downloads from being saved on my PC with Windows 10 & Google Chrome

Discus and support How to Stop Downloads from being saved on my PC with Windows 10 & Google Chrome in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I recently converted to Windows 10 from Windows 7 and have been having problems when I want to download something off the internet. Before, with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by PaulV(2), Aug 4, 2019.

1. PaulV(2) Win User

How to Stop Downloads from being saved on my PC with Windows 10 & Google Chrome

I recently converted to Windows 10 from Windows 7 and have been having problems when I want to download something off the internet. Before, with Windows 7, I could perform a download with out it being saved and voila, I could open the item.

Now with Windows 10, I can't as it requires the item to automatically download into a PDF Document on my PC, which is NOT what I want, as there are many sites that I don't need to save anything onto my PC.

Please help.

:)

PaulV(2), Aug 4, 2019

2. Google Chrome download

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to uninstall the application and download the setup files or install directly from Internet explorer by following the steps below:

• Open Internet explorer and type ‘www.google.com’ in the address bar.
    • To will get a notification on the right side of the browser to download and install Google Chrome.
    • Click on the notification and follow the prompts to download and install the Google Chrome application.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Sep 29, 2019
  3. Windows 10 and Google chrome problems

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

As you have mentioned that now you rolled back to windows 7 ultimate.I would suggest you to follow the steps given below and check.

Uninstall and reinstall Google Chrome and check

To uninstall and reinstall Google Chrome follow the steps given below.

• Press start button.

• Select Control Panel.

• In Control Panel , Click on
      Programs

• Then Click on Programs and features.

• Select Google Chrome and Click Uninstall button
    Uninstall Chrome prompt dialog appears and the further uninstallation process continues if you click uninstall button. Once Google Chrome gets uninstalled, you can download and install Google Chrome from its official website,
    and check if issue persists.

If issue still didn’t get resolved by the above mentioned steps, I would also suggest you to post the query in Google support forums for more help.

Get help from the Chrome community:
    Google Chrome Help

Hope this helps, if you need further assistance on Windows let us know we will be glad to help.

Ashish Sondhi, Sep 29, 2019
  4. Xylee Del Win User

problem uninstalling google chrome

Hi,

Since you already uninstalled Google Chrome using the Programs and Features, Google notifications may still be running in the background processes. We suggest that you follow these steps on how to end the Google Chrome process:

• On your keyboard, press Ctrl+Alt+Delete.
    • Select Task Manager.
    • Under Processes, locate Google Notifications or Google Chrome.
    • Right click on them and select End Task.
    • Double check under Programs and Features if Google Chrome is completely gone.

Let us know if these steps worked.

Xylee Del, Sep 29, 2019
Thema:

1. How to Stop Downloads from being saved on my PC with Windows 10 & Google Chrome - Similar Threads - Stop Downloads being

2. downloads are not being saved

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    downloads are not being saved: Message from Windows 10: C:\Users\name\Downloads is unavailable. I have made no changes to anything on my computer but suddenly I am unable to access anything I saved to downloads.The above message appears or a message stating: file could not be found.Everything was working...
  3. How to increase Download Speed in Google Chrome on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to increase Download Speed in Google Chrome on Windows 10: Google Chrome is arguably the most popular browser for Windows users. However, one can not disagree with the fact that it is not the fastest browser in the world. It has fair shares of issues with RAM management and downloading speed. If you are dealing with the RAM issue,...
  4. how to prevent child account from downloading google chrome

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    how to prevent child account from downloading google chrome: Hi, My children have been using google classroom for their distance learning school, but lately they've been trying to circumvent the Microsoft Family by downloading Google Chrome themselves thru this https://www.google.com/chrome/ site. Is there a way to prevent it? I...
  5. google chrome download

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    google chrome download: Is there a google chrome app download in the Microsoft Store? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-chrome-download/5b4fb292-2493-4ea0-a047-441a8154bbc7
  6. Google Protecting users from insecure downloads in Google Chrome

in Windows 10 News
    Google Protecting users from insecure downloads in Google Chrome: Today we’re announcing that Chrome will gradually ensure that secure (HTTPS) pages only download secure files. In a series of steps outlined below, we’ll start blocking "mixed content downloads" (non-HTTPS downloads started on secure pages). This move follows a plan we...
  7. Google Chrome on Windows 10 PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Google Chrome on Windows 10 PC: I have recently bought a new Microsoft Surface Go, and installed the Google Chrome app on it. The app itself works fine, but I can't sign out of the account I'm currently using it with nor can I add an account. I need to be able to manage multiple accounts at the same time...
  8. Google Chrome not saving passwords on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Google Chrome not saving passwords on Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]It has been reported by some users that Google Chrome browser does not remember accounts and login sessions. Simultaneously, it doesn’t save passwords. If you are facing this problem, don’t worry, it’s common – and we have the solution for [...] This post...
  9. how can I download google chrome onto my Windows PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how can I download google chrome onto my Windows PC: How can I download google chrome on my windows 10 PC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-download-google-chrome-onto-my-windows/c2f6bc6b-837d-465f-8ad4-e0d60c71478b
  10. Issue with Downloading files from Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Issue with Downloading files from Google Chrome: Hey everyone I'm having an issue with downloading files from Google Chrome. Whenever I try to download a file to somewhere other than the downloads folder I get the error message shown below [ATTACH] If I download files to my downloads folder, it works. I should mention...