Windows 10: How to stop Edge Chromium phoning home?

Discus and support How to stop Edge Chromium phoning home? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Windows 21H1 (OS Build 19043.110) OOSU10 latest CCleaner latest PrivaZer latest After installing KB5004237 Edge Chromium is phoning home and I do know... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by camelia, Jul 15, 2021.

1. camelia Win User

How to stop Edge Chromium phoning home?

Windows 21H1 (OS Build 19043.110) OOSU10 latest CCleaner latest PrivaZer latest After installing KB5004237 Edge Chromium is phoning home and I do know how to stop it Any suggestion? Thanks

:)

camelia, Jul 15, 2021

2. Edge Chromium

Hi All,

* We have installed edge chromium 84.0.522.63 offline installer and it has upgraded the inbuilt microsoft edge.

* Current edge chromium 84.0.522.63 got upgraded automatically after an update edg chromium 86.0.622.38 has got installed from windows update.

*But this time once the update got installed, it has created duplicate edge chromium shortcut on the task bar.

*we have unpinned the second one manually but after restart it has come back again.

*One thing we noticed it that, when we launch the edge (edge chromium) browser, the duplicate edge chromium shortcut on the task bar is getting removed by itself..

*but once the device is restarted, we can see the edge chromium duplicate shortcut is back.

we can see inconsistent behaviors here with the edge chromium.

*Please check and help about how to get this duplicate task bar edge chromium shortcut removed permanently.

Karthikeyan Mathan, Jul 15, 2021
  3. Lentha Q Win User
    Cannot uninstall Chromium browser at all on Windows 10.

SusanMaryElizabeth;

followed the steps you have posted here and was doin' great until the very last step. opened my C: drive but no Chromium folder listed. any other suggestions? really want Chromium off my system as it's a pain in the butt!!!!

thanks for your assistance,

lentha

Lentha Q, Jul 15, 2021
  4. How to stop Edge Chromium phoning home?

Jsssssssss, Jul 15, 2021
Thema:

How to stop Edge Chromium phoning home?

1. How to stop Edge Chromium phoning home? - Similar Threads - stop Edge Chromium

2. How to stop Edge Chromium phoning home?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to stop Edge Chromium phoning home?: Windows 21H1 (OS Build 19043.110) OOSU10 latest CCleaner latest PrivaZer latest After installing KB5004237 Edge Chromium is phoning home and I do know how to stop it Any suggestion? Thanks 182559
  3. Edge Chromium

in Windows 10 Customization
    Edge Chromium: Hi All, * We have installed edge chromium 84.0.522.63 offline installer and it has upgraded the inbuilt microsoft edge. * Current edge chromium 84.0.522.63 got upgraded automatically after an update edg chromium 86.0.622.38 has got installed from windows update. *But...
  4. Edge Chromium

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Chromium: I installed Edge chromium 2 weeks ago and uninstalled it but when I am trying to install it again it's telling me Microsoft Edge works best with the latest Windows updates but there aren't updates available and I checked all day but no updates are appearing and I cannot...
  5. Edge Chromium?

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Chromium?: Will Edge Chromium be pre-installed in future Windows 10 releases? Or, will it have to be installed manually? 154811
  6. How to Uninstall Microsoft Edge Chromium?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to Uninstall Microsoft Edge Chromium?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/XpenEnvy [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fix13r/how_to_uninstall_microsoft_edge_chromium/
  7. Edge Chromium

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Chromium: Greetings, I am using the Edge Dev edition. I notice that the Stable edition is available. Two questions: -is there any advantage to moving to Stable? -if so, do I have to move my data, settings and extensions manually from Dev to Stable? Thanks, Graham 149521
  8. edge chromium

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    edge chromium: [IMG] There is a black line under the address bar in 125% scales of 14'' 1080p display. How to fix it?Thanks! https://preview.redd.it/qacdjzk3yvv31.png?width=1907&format=png&auto=webp&s=65c1cb22d0ad37849b55e15294bd0ce4d3e0f5cc submitted by /u/gui117 [link]...
  9. Edge Chromium

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Edge Chromium: Edge Chromium is freezing and not responding https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/edge-chromium/ae638f53-c913-4a51-aa99-593145c4ddd7
  10. Edge Chromium

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Edge Chromium: I keep hearing that the new Edge browser is Chromium-based. So why doesn'y new computer have it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/edge-chromium/14e2ed1f-a39e-4f23-b6dd-2fb44bb9eee2