Windows 10: How to stop Edge from adding items to my Edge Jump List

Discus and support How to stop Edge from adding items to my Edge Jump List in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I use jump list for basically Excel. Recently I increased the jump list size by using one of the tutorials (Thanks for the advise). Since I did that, I... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by NGT, Feb 8, 2021.

1. NGT
    NGT Win User

How to stop Edge from adding items to my Edge Jump List

I use jump list for basically Excel. Recently I increased the jump list size by using one of the tutorials (Thanks for the advise). Since I did that, I how have Edge automatically added website the the Edge Jump list which I do not want. Is there a way to stop Edge from populating the jump list? Can I stop some programs from allowing jump list but keep the others.

Thank for the help!!!

:)

2. NGT
    NGT Win User

I use jump list for basically Excel. Recently I increased the jump list size by using one of the tutorials (Thanks for the advise). Since I did that, I how have Edge automatically added website the the Edge Jump list which I do not want. Is there a way to stop Edge from populating the jump list? Can I stop some programs from allowing jump list but keep the others.

Thank for the help!!!

3. Edge jump lists

Thanks but I was referring to the jump lists that appear on the taskbar icons when you right click, not the top sites when you open a new tab. IE and Chrome have the jump lists, but Edge doesn't. Will it ever?

Don Quixote2, Feb 8, 2021
  4. How to stop Edge from adding items to my Edge Jump List

Edge Jump list

Toujours pas de jump list pour Edge avec la mise jour anniversaire. C´est désolant...

Jean-Jacques Berrin, Feb 8, 2021
Thema:

1. How to stop Edge from adding items to my Edge Jump List - Similar Threads - stop Edge adding

2. How do I stop Edge or an Edge ad from opening every time my screen locks?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I stop Edge or an Edge ad from opening every time my screen locks?: For some time, I have had the problem that when I leave my computer and the screen automatically locks, Microsoft Edge opens, even though I am NOT using Edge. To continue work I either have to close Edge or minimize it.I was able to deal with it by minimizing Edge at the...
  3. How do I stop Edge or an Edge ad from opening every time my screen locks?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I stop Edge or an Edge ad from opening every time my screen locks?: For some time, I have had the problem that when I leave my computer and the screen automatically locks, Microsoft Edge opens, even though I am NOT using Edge. To continue work I either have to close Edge or minimize it.I was able to deal with it by minimizing Edge at the...
  4. How to stop Edge from adding items to my Edge Jump List

in Windows 10 Support
    How to stop Edge from adding items to my Edge Jump List: I use jump list for basically Excel. Recently I increased the jump list size by using one of the tutorials (Thanks for the advise). Since I did that, I how have Edge automatically added website the the Edge Jump list which I do not want. Is there a way to stop Edge from...
  5. How to permanently delete items from my favoriyes list on microsoft edge

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to permanently delete items from my favoriyes list on microsoft edge: I delete items I no longer need from my favorites list, but they reappear the next day. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-permanently-delete-items-from-my-favoriyes/1dbe8977-7213-4096-a2ce-c29aba4bcb17
  6. Latest edge (chromium) jump list gone

in Browsers and Email
    Latest edge (chromium) jump list gone: Anyone else's jump list gone? I used to right click Edge on the pinned task bar or within start menu and it would show frequent sites. They seem to be missing now. I only see the option for a new windows and inprivate window (and to unpin). Not end of the world but i liked...
  7. How to stop Edge from loading ...

in Browsers and Email
    How to stop Edge from loading ...: I do not use or need Edge. I want to stop it from automatically starting. I have tried the registry fix as well as the fix using gpedit.msc. When I restart, Edge is right there. How can I get it to stop preloading at startup? I am on Version 2004 OS Build 19041,264. Thanks...
  8. HOW TO STOP EDGE ADS

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    HOW TO STOP EDGE ADS: HOW TO STOP ADS IN EDGE https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-stop-edge-ads/ae43c364-7599-49c5-9165-74255100bb99"
  9. Microsoft Edge recent jump list corrupted?

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge recent jump list corrupted?: Hi. I have a problem with Edge recent jump list. It's not working correctly. See attachment. Is anybody else having this problem and does anyone know how I can fix this? Thanks. 57212
  10. Jump List Items not Opening

in Windows 10 Support
    Jump List Items not Opening: Is anyone having the issue where you open your jump list in File Explorer and then click on something like your Videos or Downloads Folder to have the jump list close like normal, but then nothing open? I also noticed that when I right click on the start button, I can't get...