Windows 10: How to Stop Edge From Hijacking my PDF or HTML Associations

Discus and support How to Stop Edge From Hijacking my PDF or HTML Associations in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How to Stop Edge From Hijacking my PDF or HTML Associations ...every time i run windows 10 the default app of pdf and html be Edge... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by houssemlameche, Nov 4, 2020.

1. How to Stop Edge From Hijacking my PDF or HTML Associations

How to Stop Edge From Hijacking my PDF or HTML Associations ...every time i run windows 10 the default app of pdf and html be Edge

:)

houssemlameche, Nov 4, 2020
  2. Ramesh Srinivasan, Nov 4, 2020
  3. popanot Win User
    Edge continues to hijack my pdf

This is an issue that has been going on since Windows 10 came out. Your suggested 'fix' fixes the issue temporarily, but a simple restart or a Win10 update quickly resets everything back to Edge. How about MS stop jacking with the registry settings and allow
    users to control their own machines rather than constantly hijacking apps to point to inferior MS products? Shouldn't setting the PDF association to open with Adobe (or any file/app association) be permanent? Yes, it should! So why does MS keep hijacking
    it?

Gives us solution!!! Fix it!!!

popanot, Nov 4, 2020
  4. MorcusPJ Win User

How to Stop Edge From Hijacking my PDF or HTML Associations

Microsoft Edge is hijacking PDF's

How do I stop Edge hijacking pdf's?

***Subject edited for clarity and post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Original Title: Edge

MorcusPJ, Nov 4, 2020
Thema:

How to Stop Edge From Hijacking my PDF or HTML Associations

1. How to Stop Edge From Hijacking my PDF or HTML Associations - Similar Threads - Stop Edge Hijacking

2. Edge Browser and/or Windows 10 Hijacking Default Apps for PDF, html, etc.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Edge Browser and/or Windows 10 Hijacking Default Apps for PDF, html, etc.: Hi,I know this question has been asked, but I have had trouble finding a definitive/permanent solution.I'm running Windows 10 Pro, and periodically Edge will suddenly deem itself to be the default app for opening files such as PDF and .html. I do not want to use Edge to...
  3. Edge Browser and/or Windows 10 Hijacking Default Apps for PDF, html, etc.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Edge Browser and/or Windows 10 Hijacking Default Apps for PDF, html, etc.: Hi,I know this question has been asked, but I have had trouble finding a definitive/permanent solution.I'm running Windows 10 Pro, and periodically Edge will suddenly deem itself to be the default app for opening files such as PDF and .html. I do not want to use Edge to...
  4. Edge Browser and/or Windows 10 Hijacking Default Apps for PDF, html, etc.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. PDF file association is hijacked by Edge

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    PDF file association is hijacked by Edge: Hello! Edge is set as the default app for pdf files even though I never wanted this... the thing is that Edge should be fully uninstalled since I've used 3rd party scripts to remove bloat from my windows system, but now I can't change file associations for pdfs no matter what...
  6. PDF file association is hijacked by Edge

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PDF file association is hijacked by Edge: Hello! Edge is set as the default app for pdf files even though I never wanted this... the thing is that Edge should be fully uninstalled since I've used 3rd party scripts to remove bloat from my windows system, but now I can't change file associations for pdfs no matter what...
  7. PDF file association is hijacked by Edge

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. How do I PERMANENTLY stop Microsoft Edge from hijacking my default PDF program

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I PERMANENTLY stop Microsoft Edge from hijacking my default PDF program: If you are going to reply with the standard Microsoft BS of go to file associations and remove MS Edge and put your preferred app than you can STOP because that is NOT the permanent solution!!! ever since Windows 10 came out MS Edge Hijacks the Open of PDF files. You can go...
  9. Stop Microsoft Edge from hijacking my default PDF

Stop Microsoft Edge from hijacking my default PDF: My windows and Edge are up-to-date. When I launch a PDF file on a website, Edge will take over and requires I save the file, and then presents an icon on the screen which I click to open it in a tab. Adobe Acrobat Reader DC is my Windows default, and is ignored by the...
  10. Edge keeps hijacking PDF

Edge keeps hijacking PDF: Good day Support i have problem with Edge keeps on hijacking my PDF, i have tried changing the registry and set Edge to NoOpen, that did not help, i updated my windows to latest version, still having the same issue, may you please provide me with a working solution?...