Windows 10: How to stop Edge from running as the startup program?

Discus and support How to stop Edge from running as the startup program? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; How to stop Edge from running as the startup program or delete it permanently? Kind regards, Nenad 142152 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by NenadB, Oct 9, 2019.

1. NenadB Win User

How to stop Edge from running as the startup program?

How to stop Edge from running as the startup program or delete it permanently?

Kind regards,

Nenad

:)

NenadB, Oct 9, 2019

2. How to run Edge automatically at startup

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you would like to run Microsoft Edge automatically after the boot. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• PressWindows key + R from Desktop.
    • Type shell:startup and press
      ok.
    • The Startup folder for the logged in user account will now appear.
    • Drag and drop the programs that you wish to run automatically at boot add their shortcuts to the Startup.
    • Restart the computer.
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Oct 9, 2019
  3. BCDozier Win User
    How to run Edge automatically at startup

Thanks for your reply.

The problem is that adding shortcuts from either of the Edge applications doesn't work. Well, it doesn't work on my system. Shortcuts from other programs - Chrome and Outlook - function correctly.

BCDozier, Oct 9, 2019
  4. Arul_D Win User

How to run Microsoft Edge automatically at startup

Hi Jimmill,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you would like to run Microsoft Edge automatically after the boot. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• PressWindows key + R from Desktop.
    • Type shell:startup and press
      ok.
    • The Startup folder for the logged in user account will now appear.
    • Drag and drop the programs that you wish to run automatically at boot add their shortcuts to the Startup.
    • Restart the computer.
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Arul_D, Oct 9, 2019
Thema:

1. How to stop Edge from running as the startup program? - Similar Threads - stop Edge running

2. How to run a program on startup silently?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to run a program on startup silently?: I'm a Windows user and currently, I'm having a problem here. So I want to run some programs on startup so I can save a few clicks but I also want it to run in the background instead of running on screen so it won't disturb my work, can someone help me?I'm using Windows 8.1...
  3. How to run a program on startup silently?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to run a program on startup silently?: I'm a Windows user and currently, I'm having a problem here. So I want to run some programs on startup so I can save a few clicks but I also want it to run in the background instead of running on screen so it won't disturb my work, can someone help me?I'm using Windows 8.1...
  4. How to stop a program from running as admin

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to stop a program from running as admin: I have a program that runs with elevated privileges when I double click on the icon. I do not want it to run with elevated privileges but I have not been able to figure out how to turn it off.I checked the following places:1.Right Click on the shortcut -> Advanced -> Run as...
  5. Run a program at startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Run a program at startup: Greetings, I already tried asking this in Microsoft Answers. I would like to have a command script (.cmd) run automatically, making sure: 1. The program doesn't start until the user logs in 2. The program doesn't start for other users I thought I could use this startup...
  6. How to stop Microsoft Edge from running

in Browsers and Email
    How to stop Microsoft Edge from running: I went Settings/Apps& Features/Microsoft Edge/Advance Options and turned them all off. However it must still be running because when I clean my temporary files there are more than 100 entries from Microsoft Edge. How do I shut of Microsoft Edge? Windows 10 Pro 64-bit version...
  7. How to stop a windows-program from running at startup if it doesn't show up on startup tab...

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to stop a windows-program from running at startup if it doesn't show up on startup tab...: I'm trying to stop snipping Tool from startup up at logon. I've looked through every service in the services-tab, every autorun entry on Sysinternals' autoruns program and checked "C:\Users\Me\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\startup". There's nothing...
  8. How to stop Microsoft Edge from automatically running

in Browsers and Email
    How to stop Microsoft Edge from automatically running: Hello! How to stop Microsoft Edge from automatically running every time I start Windows 10? Thank you in advance, Nenad 136612
  9. How to stop Microsoft Edge from automatically running

in Windows 10 Support
    How to stop Microsoft Edge from automatically running: Hello! How to stop Microsoft Edge from automatically running every time I start Windows 10? Thank you in advance, Nenad 136612
  10. stop Notepad from running at startup

in Windows 10 Support
    stop Notepad from running at startup: Notepad opens whenever I start my Dell EliteBook. I want to prevent Notepad from opening at this time. I've tried using the Startup tab in Task Manager and the Startup function in CCleaner. Does anyone have other fixes to suggest? I've attached screen capture to show my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. stop edge from running at startup