Windows 10: How to stop Edge pop up

Discus and support How to stop Edge pop up in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Every time I open Edge in Windows 10 I get a pop up just under my bookmarks tool bar asking if I want to download an app to install Edge on my Andriod... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Ronnielee09, May 12, 2018.

1. How to stop Edge pop up

Every time I open Edge in Windows 10 I get a pop up just under my bookmarks tool bar asking if I want to download an app to install Edge on my Andriod or I phone. I keep saying "No", but the pop up keeps coming up. Is there a way to stop this? I have Firefox also, and my home page is MSN. The pop up comes up on that also. Microsoft is starting to get very annoying with their pop ups.

:)

Ronnielee09, May 12, 2018

2. Pop up blocker

Hi,

Pop-up blocker helps user to prevent pop-ups from displaying in a user's Web browser.

Follow these steps to block pop-ups in Internet Explorer:

• Open Internet Explorer.
    • Open the gear icon at the upper right of the Internet Explorer.
    • Select Internet Options.
    • Under Privacy tab, put a check mark on Turn on Pop-up Blocker.
    • Click OK.
    Follow these steps to block pop-ups in Microsoft Edge:

• Open Microsoft Edge.
    • Open More (icon with three dots) and select Settings.
    • Click View advanced settings.
    • Turn Block pop-ups to On.
    Let us know how it goes.

Antoneth Ber, May 22, 2018
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Microsoft edge, blocked a pop up ?? allow once ??

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Open Microsoft Edge.

• Click on (…) at the top right corner.

• Click on settings.

• Click on View Advanced Settings.

• There you will be able to manage Pop ups.

• If you don’t want then you will be able to turn off.

• If you want Pop-ups then you can turn on.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, May 22, 2018
Thema:

How to stop Edge pop up

1. How to stop Edge pop up - Similar Threads - stop Edge pop

2. How to stop MSN pop-ups?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop MSN pop-ups?: I have a MSN popup. I was working in my "settings", trying to connect to WiFi . It blocks my work and freezes the screen. Tried to remove repeatedly but it always comes back. I want this gone. I don't mind at all if MSN gets deleted....
  3. How to stop MSN pop-ups?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to stop MSN pop-ups?: I have a MSN popup. I was working in my "settings", trying to connect to WiFi . It blocks my work and freezes the screen. Tried to remove repeatedly but it always comes back. I want this gone. I don't mind at all if MSN gets deleted....
  4. MICROSOFT EDGE POP UP

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    MICROSOFT EDGE POP UP: May i know when i key in on words file. from english input change to chinese input. sometime the microsoft edge will pop up itself. may i know what can i do to avoid microsoft edge pop up. after close the microsoft edge, i wish to continue key in the words file, the manage...
  5. How to stop Edge pop up ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to stop Edge pop up ?: So this thing happen daily on windows 10 ,edge browser random open window with some pictures,I want stop this or I will need delete edge submitted by /u/dontclickxo [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jg0jcf/how_to_stop_edge_pop_up/
  6. How to stop office pop ups

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to stop office pop ups: Sometimes when i'm playing games this pops up. https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/793135498768386508/EFBF072C9B3C792E793CD49AEEC5190D7C78B3E8/ It's really annoying. I've tried searching how to stop the pop ups, i've tried uninstalling it by pressing the windows key...
  7. How To Stop A Microsoft Pop-Up?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How To Stop A Microsoft Pop-Up?: Please note that I posted this same thread on another Microsoft Forum but I suspect it wasn't the right one. For at least the last six months I have been getting a pop-up notice several times a week on my desktop, and I can't figure out how to stop it. I am using a Compaq...
  8. how to stop pop up in windows?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how to stop pop up in windows?: pop ups on bottom left of screen are driving me nuts. even rude pop ups -I have a completely new system from HP https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-stop-pop-up-in-windows/c3a15c5f-27fb-42e2-8a93-5bc2374ef43e
  9. Stop pop ups

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Stop pop ups: I am plagued with pop ups in chrome. I have tried to stop them through internet properties but they still come. Any help would be appreciated. Thenks Steve Jones https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stop-pop-ups/c050d9fa-43b4-4324-a588-35a20023f846
  10. How to stop Microsoft pop up?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to stop Microsoft pop up?: Hi! I am trying to figure out how to stop a pop up that keeps showing up on my laptop almost everytime I log on. It is a full screen stating "Important updates needed!"... After Oct. 10, 2017, Microsoft will no longer support my version of Windows 10 & my PC won't receive...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to stop pop ups on my computer

2. how to stop annoying news pop ups on lenovo ideapad