Windows 10: How to Stop Edge Popups in Firefox

Discus and support How to Stop Edge Popups in Firefox in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Past few days when I'm using Firefox I keep getting these popup messages at the top of the screen asking me to switch to Edge. Basically, these are... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Homer712, Mar 31, 2021.

1. Homer712 Win User

How to Stop Edge Popups in Firefox

Past few days when I'm using Firefox I keep getting these popup messages at the top of the screen asking me to switch to Edge. Basically, these are nothing more than annoying ads to move you to Edge. I like Firefox and use it on my Apple iMac as well as my Dell Windows 10 laptop. I'm not a fan of Edge, so how do I stop this?

:)

Homer712, Mar 31, 2021
  2. TVJohn Win User

Prevent the popup "Get the new Microsoft Edge"

I have Microsoft Edge and I do use it. However my default browser is Firefox. Every day when I first open Firefox I get a popup saying "Get the new Microsoft Edge". A common suggested solution is to turn off 'get tips, tricks and suggestions as you use Windows'; however, this is set to off by my company (it being a work laptop). Does anyone have another suggestion?

How to Stop Edge Popups in Firefox [​IMG]

Thanks

TVJohn, Mar 31, 2021
  3. Microsoft Edge blocking Firefox

You don't really need to 'nuke' edge to install firefox.

You can get it installed and made default in 3 easy steps

1. Download the latest firefox here
    2. Start firefox - it should prompt you to set it as default - Follow what happens, and pick firefox as your default
    3. Else, Go to Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Default Programs\Set Default Programs (use win r or paste that into explorer. Find firefox, and select "set as default"

That should make firefox your default and not fire up edge automatically.

Journeyman Geek, Mar 31, 2021
  4. nsmth Win User

importing firefox bookmarks to edge

The only browser that shows up in Edge to import bookmarks from is Internet Explorer. I also have Firefox and Chrome installed but neither shows on the import list. Anxious to try Edge but will continue using Firefox until I can import bookmarks.

nsmth, Mar 31, 2021
Thema:

1. How to Stop Edge Popups in Firefox - Similar Threads - Stop Edge Popups

2. Stop popup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stop popup: How to stop popup from McAfee https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stop-popup/dc438166-4c7d-4a78-aa9d-fe07d9374ac5
  3. Replace Edge with Firefox`

in Browsers and Email
    Replace Edge with Firefox`: In "Settings" there are help links but they will not open with Firefox even though it is default; only with Edge; how do resolve this? 161986
  4. Replace Edge with Firefox`

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Replace Edge with Firefox`: In "Settings" there are help links but they will not open with Firefox even though it is default; only with Edge; how do resolve this? 161986
  5. stop popups ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    stop popups ?: How do I stop annoying popups using Google Chrome in Windows 10 ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stop-popups/33b24bc4-7c28-457a-855a-44d2691722b8
  6. Firefox refresh popup

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox refresh popup: Is there a setting to get rid of this. I get it on new profiles. [img] 140840
  7. Win Iphone X popup in Firefox - how to remove?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Win Iphone X popup in Firefox - how to remove?: Hi, I just started seeing the popup in Firefox a few days ago. I ran a Windows Defender full scan and nothing was detected. I saw it again today, so I am a little worried that there is something mal on my system. Searching google for solutions shows so many variations on...
  8. How import bookmark firefox on edge ?

in Browsers and Email
    How import bookmark firefox on edge ?: Please a read different web page but no find solution to import bookmark from firefox on edge Thnak Hispa 13234
  9. How to import Firefox favorites into Edge

in Browsers and Email
    How to import Firefox favorites into Edge: I'd like to try Edge, but Edge won't even see Firefox as one of my installed browsers even though it is my default browser. I'm not going to use a browser that requires me to enter hundreds of sites one at a time. Any suggestions on a way to import FF favorites since it won't...
  10. How to stop a popup screen?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to stop a popup screen?: This frequently pops up on my PC. How can I stop it? [img] 89902