Windows 10: how to stop entering my password

Discus and support how to stop entering my password in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; my screen goes to sleep too soon so I have to enter password again how do I stop this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by gordonstowman, Apr 10, 2019.

1. how to stop entering my password

my screen goes to sleep too soon so I have to enter password again how do I stop this

:)

gordonstowman, Apr 10, 2019
  2. Arun B J Win User

Entering Password to login to computer after turning it on. Windows 10.

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

We understand how you feel about the situation. We're sorry for the trouble.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check, if it helps:

• Open settings

• Click on Users and account

• Open Sign-in options and tap the
      Change button under Password.

• Enter the current password and click Next.

• There you can remove the pin password

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Apr 10, 2019
  3. how to stop PC from asking to enter the password?

Hi Iann, my name is Max and I'm a Microsoft independent advisor.

I suggest you follow these steps:

Open Settings

Then go to Accounts - Sign-in Options

Select ‘sign in with a local account’

(if you have the latest versions of Windows 10, you will find it in the Your Info Settings Page)

Enter your old password but leave the new password box blank

Close Settings

After that:

Hit the Start Button, type netplwiz and click Enter

In the dialog, uncheck the option 'Users must enter a username and password to use this computer box'

Press OK.

NighthawkX, Apr 10, 2019
  4. how to stop entering my password

OK, Password problem...Mint

Reset forgotten/lost main user password in Linux Mint - Linux Mint Community
    You can reset your password following the next steps:

• Reboot your computer / Turn your computer on.
    • Hold down the Shift key at the start of the boot process to enable the GNU GRUB boot menu (if it does not show)
    • Press ESC at the GNU GRUB prompt.
    • Press e for edit.
    • Use the Arrow keys to highlight the line that begins with kernel and press the e key.
    • Go to the very end of the line and add rw init=/bin/bash
    • Press Enter and then press b to boot your system.
    • Your system will boot up to a passwordless root shell.
    • Type in passwd yourusername
    • Set your new password.
    • Restart your system.

ChevyOwner, Apr 10, 2019
Thema:

how to stop entering my password

1. how to stop entering my password - Similar Threads - stop entering password

2. I need to stop that "Enter Power On Password everytime I login or Restart. My passwords and...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I need to stop that "Enter Power On Password everytime I login or Restart. My passwords and...: I need to stop that "Enter Power On Password everytime I login or Restart. My passwords and Pin works for me.. I have tried Netplwiz but I have no success....
  3. I need to stop that "Enter Power On Password everytime I login or Restart. My passwords and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need to stop that "Enter Power On Password everytime I login or Restart. My passwords and...: I need to stop that "Enter Power On Password everytime I login or Restart. My passwords and Pin works for me.. I have tried Netplwiz but I have no success....
  4. I need to stop that "Enter Power On Password everytime I login or Restart. My passwords and...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How do I enter this password? I entered all my passwords and they are all incorrect!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I enter this password? I entered all my passwords and they are all incorrect!: What do I need to log in? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-enter-this-password-i-entered-all-my/9886db10-65be-4976-99e9-33dbaa6fa45e
  6. How do I enter this password? I entered all my passwords and they are all incorrect!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I enter this password? I entered all my passwords and they are all incorrect!: What do I need to log in? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-enter-this-password-i-entered-all-my/9886db10-65be-4976-99e9-33dbaa6fa45e
  7. Enter Password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Enter Password: Hi,my laptop shows this command after a long time I never changed the password. I have tried various ways and have entered my account password but still can't. I've tried it while connecting with internet via LAN.Thankyou...
  8. password to enter

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    password to enter: Old password will not work and allow me to login at startup. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/password-to-enter/2a701d3b-e461-4447-aacd-80d95851da0a"
  9. how to stop PC from asking to enter the password?

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to stop PC from asking to enter the password?: My PC always requires me to sign in, and enter the password when I turn it on. It irritates me a lot because it is only me who has access to this machine....
  10. How Not to Enter Password Wakeup

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How Not to Enter Password Wakeup: Some might say, Windows 10 home can be frustrating. Ok!, When my desktop goes to sleep, I have to enter my password on wakeup. I've searched all over the internet...and that includes www.tenforurs.com and printed out some thirty pages on how it can be done, but, no luck. I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. monotor goes tosleep to soon want to stop it

2. how to stop windows entering password mode