Windows 10: How to Stop ,Family Group

Discus and support How to Stop ,Family Group in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Can I remove everything about the Family Group on my account? It acts like I already have a Family group and and acts like it wants me to add people to... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by dhartsell1, Sep 1, 2019.

1. How to Stop ,Family Group

Can I remove everything about the Family Group on my account? It acts like I already have a Family group and and acts like it wants me to add people to it etc

:)

dhartsell1, Sep 1, 2019
  2. Junaid_A Win User

Microsoft Family Screen Time

Hi Laurel,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

This could happen when the child account fails to sync with the server. I suggest you to try the steps listed below and check if it works:

• Open
      File Explorer
      and navigate to the following location:
    • C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Parental Controls

Note:
      The above mentioned directory is hidden, copy and paste the same location on the search bar in the File Explorer to access it.
    • Delete the contents in the
      \\settings
      directory of the Parental Controls folder.
    • Reboot the machine to see if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, you may want to remove the child account from Microsoft family and add it again.

• To know how to remove an account from Microsoft Family, refer:

Remove members from your family group
    • To know how to add an account to Microsoft Family, refer:

Add members to your family group

Regards,

Junaid_A, Sep 1, 2019
  3. Still need permission even though i am not in a family group

• I am not getting any error messages
    • I've just started experiencing these issues, because I haven't log into my Microsoft account since I had my Xbox 360 and made a parental account which I own. Anyways I bought a pc the other day and when I saw that my main account was listed as a child's
      account I exited the family in that account and I yet require permission from an adult account. Besides leaving the family I don't remember making any prior change.
    • Well I joined the family group again and try to give my self permission on the adult account but didn't understand what steps to take so, I left the family group again, but this time I made my account an adult account, but I still required permission.

Infinity_-FightZ, Sep 1, 2019
  4. How to Stop ,Family Group

Group messaging in 6070

Not sure if this is the same as the handsets I've seen... but it's worth suggesting...

If you go into contacts, can you create groups? (family/VIP/business/other etc?)

Once you go into select recipients - can you scroll across to the groups list and select from those too?

RichCowell, Sep 1, 2019
Thema:

How to Stop ,Family Group

1. How to Stop ,Family Group - Similar Threads - Stop Family Group

2. How to leave family safety group?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to leave family safety group?: I was trying to create an account for EpicGamesLauncher and it didn't work so I created 3 new emails to try create my account, but in the process I accidentally created a family safety group and now I can't leave the group even though it is not an actual family it is just me...
  3. How to leave family safety group?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to leave family safety group?: I was trying to create an account for EpicGamesLauncher and it didn't work so I created 3 new emails to try create my account, but in the process I accidentally created a family safety group and now I can't leave the group even though it is not an actual family it is just me...
  4. Unrecognized Family group

Unrecognized Family group: I was added to a family account, without my authorization and I don't recognize the family organizer. How do I leave? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unrecognized-family-group/9c3234fd-3598-4e2b-a181-b967667fe482
  5. Leaving Family Group

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Leaving Family Group: hello, i have been trying to play a game but it says im in a family group. i went to check the family group app and it shows that im an organizer and that im the only one in the family, and so i tried to leave but there was no option for me to leave even though ive looked at...
  6. Leaving Family Group

Leaving Family Group: hello, i have been trying to play a game but it says im in a family group. i went to check the family group app and it shows that im an organizer and that im the only one in the family, and so i tried to leave but there was no option for me to leave even though ive looked at...
  7. Will leaving a family group in Microsoft Family alert the parents of the group?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Will leaving a family group in Microsoft Family alert the parents of the group?: If a member of the family who is over 13 leaves the group, will the parents be notified? Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-leaving-a-family-group-in-microsoft-family/6522fe46-a9a1-4a37-a2ec-072fc96994fc
  8. A tutorial on how to add family members to your family group.

A tutorial on how to add family members to your family group.: 1. On your computer, sign in with an organizer's Microsoft account. 2. Click the + for add a family member. 3. Add who you want to be in your family group. 4. If they don't have a Microsoft account, create one for them....
  9. Family group account

Family group account: I added an account on my computer for my roommate and inadvertently added her as a child. How do I change it to an adult account or delete it so I can correct it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/family-group-account/102d1908-8bf5-405e-966e-bb4d816e865a
  10. Family Group

Family Group: I have set up a Family Group. I am granting access to an app, but when my child attempts to access the app. The "Ask permission" window pops up again. We are in a loop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/family-group/0e02f8a8-3559-4b67-a6d4-64f5e811135e