Windows 10: How to stop file explorer folder library from going to original source of folder

Discus and support How to stop file explorer folder library from going to original source of folder in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; This issue has a 'Post a Question' type topic created here, but the topic is locked, and there's an incorrect answer marked as correct solution.So I'm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by lunule, Jun 17, 2022.

1. lunule Win User

How to stop file explorer folder library from going to original source of folder

This issue has a 'Post a Question' type topic created here, but the topic is locked, and there's an incorrect answer marked as correct solution.So I'm posting this 'Post a discussion' type topic to share THE CORRECT SOLUTION.If you don't want Eplorer to jump to the original source folder when a Quick Access item is clicked, you don't need to reset everything to default as the above-mentioned topic's incorrect solution suggests. Instead, use the below solution:1. Create Quick Access items for the parent Libraries and optionally This PC and Networks folders. A typical new Quick Access setu

:)

lunule, Jun 17, 2022
  2. RedGeyser Win User

How to stop file explorer folder library from going to original source of folder?

I set a couple of folders to be at the top of file explorer's quick access so that, you know, I can access all my key folders quickly and easily.

How to stop file explorer folder library from going to original source of folder cdeec095-8a2b-42ee-9779-8765868fa0fb?upload=true.jpg

However, I noted that whenever I click on any of those folders, the scrollbar will bring me to the original source point of where the folders are. For example, if I click on Downloads in Quick Access, the folder library opens and brings
    me to This PC > Downloads instead of staying at Quick Access.

How to stop file explorer folder library from going to original source of folder 061b53e2-7ec9-42f0-939b-945513386b16?upload=true.jpg

How can I stay where I am?

RedGeyser, Jun 17, 2022
  3. Jelo Sen Win User
    Map a network drive folder to my video library

To Include folders using Manage Library Tools, we suggest that you perform the steps below:

• In File Explorer, select or open a library (ex: Videos) you want to include a folder or drive to.
    • Click on the Library Tools Manage tab, and click on the Manage library button in the ribbon.
    • Click on the Add button
    • Browse to and select a folder or drive that you want to include in this library, and click on the Include folder button.
    • When finished, click/tap on OK.
    Keep us updated with the result.

Jelo Sen, Jun 17, 2022
  4. RedGeyser Win User

How to stop file explorer folder library from going to original source of folder

How to stop file explorer folder library from going to original source of folder?

That did not work but thanks for letting me know about the File Explorer options.

I fiddled around and found that the option to stay at Quick Access is under the View tab's Navigation pane option. Switching it from Expand to open folder to
    Show libraries worked.

How to stop file explorer folder library from going to original source of folder deea43dd-3a94-4253-b5c0-29232d1ecf77?upload=true.jpg

Thanks for the help, Andre!

RedGeyser, Jun 17, 2022
Thema:

1. How to stop file explorer folder library from going to original source of folder - Similar Threads - stop file explorer

2. How to stop File Explorer from scrolling to clicked folder or file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop File Explorer from scrolling to clicked folder or file: "This has been asked before but no answer and topic was closed.When selecting a file or folder from File Explorer the list automatically scrolls/jumps to bring clicked item into main viewing column.So for instance, I have 4 columns of files and double click a file in the 3rd...
  3. How to stop File Explorer from scrolling to clicked folder or file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to stop File Explorer from scrolling to clicked folder or file: "This has been asked before but no answer and topic was closed.When selecting a file or folder from File Explorer the list automatically scrolls/jumps to bring clicked item into main viewing column.So for instance, I have 4 columns of files and double click a file in the 3rd...
  4. Files are dragged and dropped and the original stays in the source folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files are dragged and dropped and the original stays in the source folder: I recently placed a new hard drive on my computer. The C: drive failed. I have another drive D: where all of my personal files are kept.Now, I have the files that stay in the downloads folder when dragged and dropped.Example: Downloads folder in C:Nissan.PDF is then dragged...
  5. Files are dragged and dropped and the original stays in the source folder

Files are dragged and dropped and the original stays in the source folder: I recently placed a new hard drive on my computer. The C: drive failed. I have another drive D: where all of my personal files are kept.Now, I have the files that stay in the downloads folder when dragged and dropped.Example: Downloads folder in C:Nissan.PDF is then dragged...
  6. Files are dragged and dropped and the original stays in the source folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. How to stop File Explorer from scrolling to clicked folder or file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to stop File Explorer from scrolling to clicked folder or file: This has been asked before but no answer and topic was closed.When selecting a file or folder from File Explorer the list automatically scrolls/jumps to bring clicked item into main viewing column.So for instance, I have 4 columns of files and double click a file in the 3rd...
  8. How to stop File Explorer from scrolling to clicked folder or file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop File Explorer from scrolling to clicked folder or file: This has been asked before but no answer and topic was closed.When selecting a file or folder from File Explorer the list automatically scrolls/jumps to bring clicked item into main viewing column.So for instance, I have 4 columns of files and double click a file in the 3rd...
  9. How to stop File Explorer from scrolling to clicked folder or file

10. How to stop file explorer folder library from going to original source of folder

How to stop file explorer folder library from going to original source of folder: This issue has a 'Post a Question' type topic created here, but the topic is locked, and there's an incorrect answer marked as correct solution.So I'm posting this 'Post a discussion' type topic to share THE CORRECT SOLUTION.If you don't want Eplorer to jump to the original...