Windows 10: How to stop file explorer from jumping folder to bottom of page?

Discus and support How to stop file explorer from jumping folder to bottom of page? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] I click a folder such as "downloads" but then when i back out of the folder, it causes it to scroll so the position of the bottom of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/PhoenixMaster123, Aug 3, 2022.

1. How to stop file explorer from jumping folder to bottom of page?

How to stop file explorer from jumping folder to bottom of page? uSwB9frm3X2KWwWvJuc4dmXaO899zJ7sgdZWKAAGdQk.jpg

I click a folder such as "downloads" but then when i back out of the folder, it causes it to scroll so the position of the bottom of the screen is where the downloads folder is. It's really annoying as I loose track of where I was. Anyone know how to fix it so that it takes you back to your original position?

https://preview.redd.it/n7fs47zyqkf...bp&s=2a9b28f173eb73bdc42179dc5a775c61bf14bb96

https://preview.redd.it/3emx78zyqkf...bp&s=299e2f48f47e315fbcaed03c5227d22b8a6bcf9f

submitted by /u/PhoenixMaster123
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/PhoenixMaster123, Aug 3, 2022
  2. Jahrsper Win User

File Explorer jump list not working

Since upgrading to Windows 10, I've found that my File Explorer jump list don't work any more. The folders are still on the list, both pinned and recent, but clicking on them has no effect. I have to click the 'File Explorer' link and either use Quick Access
    or navigate to my destination myself. Quick Access is handy, but the jump list - and particularly the folders I'd pinned to it - has become my preferred way to get to my most important folders, and it's frustrating that it's no longer working.

I've looked at solutions on here to similar problems, including deleting files from 'AutomaticDestinations', but that hasn't helped. No other jump lists are affected - just File Explorer.

Thanks!

Jahrsper, Aug 3, 2022
  3. M11
    m11 Win User
    Add Recent Places/Folders to File Explorer taskbar Jump List

I've read almost all the threads related to this subject.

I would like the right-click jump list on the file explorer icon in the taskbar to show a Recent Folders section.

I don't want Frequent Folders.

I don't want Recent Files

I'm not trying to pin "Recent Folders" to Quick Access.

I'm trying to make the jump list look like this:

How to stop file explorer from jumping folder to bottom of page? [​IMG]

4. Teddy2016 Win User

How to stop file explorer from jumping folder to bottom of page?

File Explorer jump list not working

Hi!

Okay yes. But you can also right click and pin to quick access. What ever is pinned in file explores quick access reflects in jump list. So if you drag a folder to file explore icon it should reflect in the quick access folder.

So in you case you can not launch the folder from the jump list. Plus you NAS folders. Which are network folders. Correct.

What I am doing is trying to recreate the issue locally so I can find the trouble. But no matter what I do my quick access and jump are working. So can you open the folders from the file explore tree quick access folder?

Teddy2016, Aug 3, 2022
Thema:

How to stop file explorer from jumping folder to bottom of page?

1. How to stop file explorer from jumping folder to bottom of page? - Similar Threads - stop file explorer

2. How to stop File Explorer from scrolling to clicked folder or file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop File Explorer from scrolling to clicked folder or file: "This has been asked before but no answer and topic was closed.When selecting a file or folder from File Explorer the list automatically scrolls/jumps to bring clicked item into main viewing column.So for instance, I have 4 columns of files and double click a file in the 3rd...
  3. How to stop File Explorer from scrolling to clicked folder or file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to stop File Explorer from scrolling to clicked folder or file: "This has been asked before but no answer and topic was closed.When selecting a file or folder from File Explorer the list automatically scrolls/jumps to bring clicked item into main viewing column.So for instance, I have 4 columns of files and double click a file in the 3rd...
  4. How to stop File Explorer from scrolling to clicked folder or file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to stop File Explorer from scrolling to clicked folder or file: This has been asked before but no answer and topic was closed.When selecting a file or folder from File Explorer the list automatically scrolls/jumps to bring clicked item into main viewing column.So for instance, I have 4 columns of files and double click a file in the 3rd...
  5. How to stop File Explorer from scrolling to clicked folder or file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop File Explorer from scrolling to clicked folder or file: This has been asked before but no answer and topic was closed.When selecting a file or folder from File Explorer the list automatically scrolls/jumps to bring clicked item into main viewing column.So for instance, I have 4 columns of files and double click a file in the 3rd...
  6. How to stop File Explorer from scrolling to clicked folder or file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. How do I stop File Explorer from "jumps" to top of folder

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I stop File Explorer from "jumps" to top of folder: How do I stop File Explorer from "jumps" to top of folder Please fix this bug. I have followed all of the instructions to turn off automatically pick an accent color". I have chosen a color and all is static. It still jumps to the top of the file explorer screen. This is an...
  8. File manager Exploring Jumps to top or bottom of List when Saving.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File manager Exploring Jumps to top or bottom of List when Saving.: I bought a new PC Dell that i s a great device, super fast. However, after I had it a month or so File manager Exploring Jumps to top or bottom of List when Saving. It has nothing to do with Personalization/Auto Accent Color selections, etc. i have all thi soff. Two points:1....
  9. Win Explorer - Cursor jumps to bottom or top of file

Win Explorer - Cursor jumps to bottom or top of file: When I open Win Explorer with the intention of searching/browsing my files, the cursor will jump to the bottom of the list of files within 10 seconds of opening Explorer. Also, if I enter a previously opened Explorer and if I am near the bottom, the cursor will often jump to...
  10. Win10 - File Explorer "jumps" to top of folder

Win10 - File Explorer "jumps" to top of folder: Win10 - File Explorer "jumps" to top of folder I've been using Windows 10 since it came out in 2015 and this issue just started yesterday October 6, 2019. I found an old thread concerning this issue but my current windows settings are the same as those recommended in that...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows file explorer left pane jumps to bottom