Windows 10: How to stop folders from automatically adding into Quick access please?

Discus and support How to stop folders from automatically adding into Quick access please? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; There is no goddamned "view ribbon". So please don't tell me to go there.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MichaelWGooch, Mar 28, 2023.

1. How to stop folders from automatically adding into Quick access please?

There is no goddamned "view ribbon". So please don't tell me to go there.

:)

MichaelWGooch, Mar 28, 2023

2. Folders are automatically added to the quick access

How to stop folders from automatically adding into Quick access please?

How to stop folders from automatically adding into Quick access please? f2dbc00c-bea1-4681-a9dc-23dde66fe18e?upload=true.png

nightearth, Mar 28, 2023
  3. lasher Win User
    How to stop a program from adding a Quick access shortcut?

Nope, that's not it. I've already deactivated that, as I don't care for the "automatic" judgement of Windows in this regard.
    If I unpin the entry, it stays unpinned for a while and then reappears. Tipically after a reboot or after GDFS updates itself automatically and (presumably) restarts its service.

I've just tried: I stopped GDFS after unpinning that entry. I restarted it and the entry reappeared.

lasher, Mar 28, 2023
  4. How to stop folders from automatically adding into Quick access please?

Quick Access bar

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty.

Remove items from Quick access.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps.

• Right click on the file or folder.
    • Select the option “unpin from the quick access”

To pin items to an item already on the quick access bar.

Follow the below steps.

I would suggest you to create folder in the desktop screen & place all the files or folder which need to pin to the quick access.

• Open the quick access.
    • Select the Desktop option.
    • Right click on the folder & select the option “pin to quick access”

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Mar 28, 2023
Thema:

How to stop folders from automatically adding into Quick access please?

1. How to stop folders from automatically adding into Quick access please? - Similar Threads - stop folders automatically

2. How to stop folders from automatically adding into Quick access please?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop folders from automatically adding into Quick access please?: There is no goddamned "view ribbon". So please don't tell me to go there. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-stop-folders-from-automatically-adding-into/7738f993-2e8c-46a3-a9a0-bbb6dcfaee47
  3. Quick access - files and folders dropping from Quick access

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Quick access - files and folders dropping from Quick access: I use Quick access a lot. I have a system on which I reloaded windows and the files and folders I pin to Quick Access drop off. I haven't been able to find a specific action I am taking that makes them drop off. Some time it takes a while a day and sometimes it is much...
  4. Folders are automatically added to the quick access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Folders are automatically added to the quick access: How to stop folders from automatically adding into Quick access please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/folders-are-automatically-added-to-the-quick/18e5462b-3533-413e-a68c-cfaf54d8c085
  5. Folders are automatically added to the quick access

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Folders are automatically added to the quick access: How to stop folders from automatically adding into Quick access please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/folders-are-automatically-added-to-the-quick/18e5462b-3533-413e-a68c-cfaf54d8c085
  6. Folders are automatically added to the quick access

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. How to delete a folder from quick access

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to delete a folder from quick access: I deleted a folder that is listed in quick access. Now I cannot unpin it from quick access. I tried recreating the folder, but it still says the folder does not exist when I click on it in QA. If I try to unpin it nothing happens. How do I get rid of it?...
  8. How to stop a program from adding a Quick access shortcut?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to stop a program from adding a Quick access shortcut?: Hi! I use Google Drive File Stream to access my Google Drive content locally. GDFS mounts a cloud drive, assigning it a letter (G: in my case). If you open that, you find a single entry "My Drive". As such, I have a Quick access shortcut to this "My Drive folder". GDFS...
  9. How to stop a program from adding a Quick access shortcut?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to stop a program from adding a Quick access shortcut?: Hi! I use Google Drive File Stream to access my Google Drive content locally. GDFS mounts a cloud drive, assigning it a letter (G: in my case). If you open that, you find a single entry "My Drive". As such, I have a Quick access shortcut to this "My Drive folder". GDFS...
  10. How Do I Stop Quick Access From Automatically Adding Links?

in Windows 10 Support
    How Do I Stop Quick Access From Automatically Adding Links?: In Windows/Files Explorer the Quick Access menu, which I have set to open when WE is started, is placing links to folders automatically that I have recently been accessed. I don't want it to do this. I want it organized just like you don't have a link to every website you go...