Windows 10: How to stop games from saving to OneDrive and move my files elsewhere.

Discus and support How to stop games from saving to OneDrive and move my files elsewhere. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I only use OneDrive for my photos on my phone but I know its a microsoft app so I just assumed that was the only reason it was on my computer. Well,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Stephanie McKinney1, May 22, 2023.

1. How to stop games from saving to OneDrive and move my files elsewhere.

I only use OneDrive for my photos on my phone but I know its a microsoft app so I just assumed that was the only reason it was on my computer. Well, I'm trying to monitor one of my save files for my games and I realized all of that games save files, and some other random files I just want on my computer are also on OneDrive taking up space I could have for my photos. I can't use my programs to monitor my save files unless their in my C; or D; drives, which they're first off, under my PC and second, in the OneDrive so the program cannot get the most recent saves.I would like to 1. Move these i

:)

Stephanie McKinney1, May 22, 2023

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, May 22, 2023
  3. Utilities that I run can no longer automatically save files to my OneDrive

Hi Alan,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To set OneDrive as your default location to save your documents and files, follow the below steps.

1. Click on the OneDrive icon from the Taskbar area > Click on the menu button (three-dots) on the top-right corner > Click on
      Settings > Go to the Auto Save tab.
    2. Using the drop-down menu, select OneDrive for
      Desktop
      , Documents, and Pictures and click on
      OK.
    3. Once you complete the above steps, restart the computer once and try saving the files generated from utilities and check if it is saving in
      C:\Users\myname\OneDrive\Documents folder.

If you are still facing the same issue, then I suggest you to contact OneDrive support for further assistance on this issue by following the below steps.

• Login to
      https://onedrive.com/
    • Click the ? Help icon on the top banner of the page.
    • Select Email OneDrive support for the further assistance.

Shafeeq_Khan, May 22, 2023
  4. Edwin Win User

How to stop games from saving to OneDrive and move my files elsewhere.

How to can stop Windows 10 from saving files to OneDrive

You can re-instate the Navigation Pane from the View Tab:

How to stop games from saving to OneDrive and move my files elsewhere. 115474d1485975371t-how-can-stop-windows-10-saving-files-onedrive-000085.jpg

Edwin, May 22, 2023
Thema:

How to stop games from saving to OneDrive and move my files elsewhere.

1. How to stop games from saving to OneDrive and move my files elsewhere. - Similar Threads - stop games saving

2. How to stop games saving to OneDrive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to stop games saving to OneDrive?: All my games are saving to my OneDrive documents folder. How do I stop this? I want my actual documents such as PDF and Word to be synced with OneDrive, but not my games, which should only be saved locally and don't belong in the documents folder at any rate....
  3. How to stop games saving to OneDrive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop games saving to OneDrive?: All my games are saving to my OneDrive documents folder. How do I stop this? I want my actual documents such as PDF and Word to be synced with OneDrive, but not my games, which should only be saved locally and don't belong in the documents folder at any rate....
  4. How to stop games saving to OneDrive?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. How to stop games from saving to OneDrive and move my files elsewhere.

How to stop games from saving to OneDrive and move my files elsewhere.: I only use OneDrive for my photos on my phone but I know its a microsoft app so I just assumed that was the only reason it was on my computer. Well, I'm trying to monitor one of my save files for my games and I realized all of that games save files, and some other random...
  6. How to stop games from saving to OneDrive and move my files elsewhere.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop games from saving to OneDrive and move my files elsewhere.: I only use OneDrive for my photos on my phone but I know its a microsoft app so I just assumed that was the only reason it was on my computer. Well, I'm trying to monitor one of my save files for my games and I realized all of that games save files, and some other random...
  7. STOP FILES FROM SAVING TO ONEDRIVE

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    STOP FILES FROM SAVING TO ONEDRIVE: I am trying to stop all my default locations from going to ONEDRIVE instead of saving on my local pc. i have tried to unlink onedrive which i thought i already did, but there is no icon in the notification area. I tried to add it by opening settings, notification area and...
  8. STOP FILES FROM SAVING TO ONEDRIVE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    STOP FILES FROM SAVING TO ONEDRIVE: I am trying to stop all my default locations from going to ONEDRIVE instead of saving on my local pc. i have tried to unlink onedrive which i thought i already did, but there is no icon in the notification area. I tried to add it by opening settings, notification area and...
  9. STOP FILES FROM SAVING TO ONEDRIVE

10. How to can stop Windows 10 from saving files to OneDrive

How to can stop Windows 10 from saving files to OneDrive: How to correct my mistake so I can stop Windows 10 from saving files to OneDrive I just bought a Windows 10 Pro laptop and do not want to save files to OneDrive. According to this article I should have selected Navigation pane then Show libraries: instead I made the...