Windows 10: How to stop "Google Chrome is not your default browser" message

Discus and support How to stop "Google Chrome is not your default browser" message in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Since upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10, I receive message "Google Chrome is not your default browser" every time I open Google Chrome. I select... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by daveiw100, Aug 10, 2016.

1. daveiw100 Win User

How to stop "Google Chrome is not your default browser" message

Since upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10, I receive message "Google Chrome is not your default browser" every time I open Google Chrome.
    I select "Don't show this message again", but still get the message
    Same situation when I start Chrome in Incognito mode
    How can I stop this message?

:)

daveiw100, Aug 10, 2016
  2. Witchmann Win User

Can you use Crome with Windows 10

Google Chrome is fully compatible with Windows 10. It's my default browser. You can't set it as default in the browser itself. You have to go into Windows "Settings" and then to "Default Apps" to make it your default browser.

Witchmann, Aug 10, 2016
  3. Browser home page default

To set Google Chrome as you default browser, click the Windows Key + S. Now type "Settings" and press enter. Now click "System" and then "Default apps". Scroll to the bottom until you find "Web browser", then click on it. Now select "Google Chrome".

Michael's Technical Support, Aug 10, 2016
  4. swarfega Win User

You need to go into settings app.

Find default apps and then click reset defaults.
    Then you shouldbe able to set it.

Sorry can't be more precise, I'm on tablet at the moment.

swarfega, Aug 10, 2016
  5. dalchina New Member
    dalchina, Aug 10, 2016
  6. daveiw100 Win User
    Swarfega ---- Tried resetting defaults. Also tried setting Browser default as Firefox, but still get same results when opening Chrome

Dalchina ---- I don't want Chrome to be my default browser. Just want to use this ocasionally, but do not want to see the "default" message every time I open it

daveiw100, Aug 10, 2016
  7. dalchina New Member
    Ok, in that case look in Chrome options for one to deselect checking to see if it's default when it starts.
    (I don't use Chrome so can't tell you where it is).

dalchina, Aug 11, 2016
  8. Edwin New Member

@daveiw100:

Navigate to your Chrome shortcut, right click to open Properties, in the Target dialog add: a space and --disable-infobars, click Apply and OK.

How to stop "Google Chrome is not your default browser" message [​IMG]

Edwin, Aug 11, 2016
  9. ScoHar Win User
    I discovered an alternative. Also, noted that use of two hyphens after the space seemed not necessary, and have tested this approach on multiple computers here.... works well. The actual line for copy/paste is:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe" -no-default-browser-check

Here's a modification of Edwin's image:

How to stop "Google Chrome is not your default browser" message [​IMG]

ScoHar, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How to stop "Google Chrome is not your default browser" message - Similar Threads - stop Google Chrome

2. google chrome as default browser

in Windows 10 Gaming
    google chrome as default browser: Hello!I'm having a strange repeting problem and I don't know what is causing it. I set google chrome as my default browser and yes when I open it, it's chrome that I see. The problem is when I open a new tab: it switches browser for no reasons. I ofter opens bing or yahoo...
  3. google chrome as default browser

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    google chrome as default browser: Hello!I'm having a strange repeting problem and I don't know what is causing it. I set google chrome as my default browser and yes when I open it, it's chrome that I see. The problem is when I open a new tab: it switches browser for no reasons. I ofter opens bing or yahoo...
  4. google chrome as default browser

in Windows 10 Customization
    google chrome as default browser: I have been using Google Chrome as my default browser forever, however now the last few days every time I click on the icon to launch it, it won't open. I have tried everything! I have uninstalled and reinstalled it at least 6x and still nothing has worked.Is or has anyone...
  5. Google Chrome NOT Really Default Browser.

in Browsers and Email
    Google Chrome NOT Really Default Browser.: I have Google Chrome set as my Default Browser. However, if I goto Control Panel => Security and Maintenance => Change Security and Maintenance Settings, and click the How does Security and Maintenance check for problems? link, Microsoft Edge opens. Has it got ANYTHING to do...
  6. Should I make Google Chrome the Default browser/how?

in Browsers and Email
    Should I make Google Chrome the Default browser/how?: When I upgraded to 10Pro, from 10Home- Edge changed from Chrome Default to Edge Default? I Never use Edge, and prefer the Chrome Security features... Is there a reason to make Chrome Default (Sync is On)? If so- How do I do this, and Not get nagged by Edge? 173980
  7. Should I make Google Chrome the Default browser/how?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Should I make Google Chrome the Default browser/how?: When I upgraded to 10Pro, from 10Home- Edge changed from Chrome Default to Edge Default? I Never use Edge, and prefer the Chrome Security features... Is there a reason to make Chrome Default (Sync is On)? If so- How do I do this, and Not get nagged by Edge? 173980
  8. Can't set Google Chrome as default browser

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't set Google Chrome as default browser: Like the title says, I can't set Chrome as my browser. When I go to default apps, Chrome doesn't appear as an option under the browser category. It's also not in the Microsoft app store. I've uninstalled and reinstalled it. Still nothing. I've seen threads on this issue with...
  9. Can't change default browser to Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't change default browser to Google Chrome: Hi I use windows 10 version 1803 When I try changing the default browser in the settings, there's only 2 I can choose, Edge and Internet Explorer. I would like to use Google Chrome but it doesn't show up. The program is installed in my computer, I'm even using it right now...
  10. Google Chrome is not your default browser problem

in Browsers and Email
    Google Chrome is not your default browser problem: I'm having a persistent problem with Google Chrome. Although Windows 10 says Chrome is the default browser, Google Chrome itself does not "believe" it, and I keep getting the "Google Chrome is not your default browser" notification when I bring up the browser. In settings it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. google chrome is not your default browser

2. how to stop google crome open by itself

3. google is not your default browser