Windows 10: How to stop High-Performance battery from turning on when I play a game

Discus and support How to stop High-Performance battery from turning on when I play a game in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So recently I have been having a problem where high-performance battery keeps turning on. And on my laptop that absolutely tanks its battery life.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/bagofjudgement, Aug 24, 2020.

1. How to stop High-Performance battery from turning on when I play a game

So recently I have been having a problem where high-performance battery keeps turning on. And on my laptop that absolutely tanks its battery life.

I've narrowed the issue down to whenever I start a game. As soon as I start up the game the setting immediately changes and I have to manually change it back to the balanced battery. I am pretty sure I've checked all the basic battery options, and my research into this issue online hasn't come to anything.

submitted by /u/bagofjudgement
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/bagofjudgement, Aug 24, 2020

2. Windows 10 freeze while playing games with "Balanced" or "High Performance" Power Options

hi, i have another problem. every time i play video games like DOTA 2, GTA V or any games that needed highly recommended specification, it totally freeze or even sometimes it suddenly forced to turn off my PC with Balanced or High Performance power option.
    i have to play any games with Power Saver so it'll never freeze. before i used windows 10, i've been using windows 7 and 8.1 and i never experience any freeze while playing any games with Balanced or High performance power option. so what's the matter ?

here is the specification if you guys asked:

Windows 10 Pro

16 GB RAM

AMD FX-8350 8-Core 4.00 GHz (vishera)

AMD Radeon HD 5600/5700

JoshuaWirawan, Aug 24, 2020
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    High performance option for battery

Buy a battery with the high performance option?

BulldogXX, Aug 24, 2020
  4. How to stop High-Performance battery from turning on when I play a game

Lauching games forcing power plan to be set in High Performance mode

I think I may have found the culprit in my case: Avast Antivirus.

I'm assuming this is a change to their "Game Mode". I went to Performance>Game Mode>Settings. Then under Performance there is a "Trigger high performance" which says "switches power plan when you play to prefer performance at the cost of battery".

Thanks for adding a new feature that require I waste time on fixing it, Avast!

monitorless, Aug 24, 2020
Thema:

How to stop High-Performance battery from turning on when I play a game

1. How to stop High-Performance battery from turning on when I play a game - Similar Threads - stop High Performance

2. how to stop tabbing out when playing games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to stop tabbing out when playing games: whenever i look down it brings up the task bar and i have to click on my screen to move again also happens when i look up but brings the minimise and close bar thing up instead at the top of the screen im on full screen mode...
  3. How to stop certain games from turning on the performance boost mode?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop certain games from turning on the performance boost mode?: Lately, I came across an issue, which was only seen during certain games from Steam, when I launch them, the performance boost mode automatically turns on, thus leading to increasement of CPU temperature. Is there a way to prevent that from happening as I was minimizing the...
  4. How to stop certain games from turning on the performance boost mode?

How to stop certain games from turning on the performance boost mode?: Lately, I came across an issue, which was only seen during certain games from Steam, when I launch them, the performance boost mode automatically turns on, thus leading to increasement of CPU temperature. Is there a way to prevent that from happening as I was minimizing the...
  5. High chance of BSOD when playing games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    High chance of BSOD when playing games: Hello, when I play games, there is a 90% chance that BSOD will occur.Here is my windows minidump content, may you analyze it for me?Thanks a lot.Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version 10.0.22549.1000 AMD64Copyright c Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.Loading Dump File...
  6. High chance of BSOD when playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High chance of BSOD when playing games: Hello, when I play games, there is a 90% chance that BSOD will occur.Here is my windows minidump content, may you analyze it for me?Thanks a lot.Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version 10.0.22549.1000 AMD64Copyright c Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.Loading Dump File...
  7. High chance of BSOD when playing games

8. Default Reset High Performance Battery

in Windows 10 Customization
    Default Reset High Performance Battery: Hello! Why i can't reset the settings on High Performance battery level to default? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/default-reset-high-performance-battery/4c64ddbe-a79c-4f10-8a0a-3d13e4c8353d
  9. How do I stop my touchpad from stopping when clicking/playing a game?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I stop my touchpad from stopping when clicking/playing a game?: My touchpad stops whenever I click and no I don’t have synaptics. Just A Lenovo Pc. Could anyone help? submitted by /u/Xenovia-Ranger [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gb293y/how_do_i_stop_my_touchpad_from_stopping_when/
  10. High Ping when play game

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    High Ping when play game: I surfed wed normally, only when playing online games, on the network for the first 2 minutes ping 14 ms, and then increased by 100+. Please help me fix it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/high-ping-when-play-game/64eb96ea-ba8f-4e17-a948-dacba28aec4a